• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Drink Your Water?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
In summer, the weather where I live tends to be scorching. I drink refrigerated water then unless I'm sick or have a sore throat for any other reason.

This time of year, however, I usually drink water at room tenperature, because cold water feels rough on my throat.

What about you?

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Either room temperature or with ice. I prefer with ice no matter how hot or cold it is outside... It's just above freezing outside and I'm drinking ice water right now in fact. However, if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to get the ice from the freezer, or, if there isn't any ice available, I drink it at room temperature or colder, as I sometimes pour the faucet on as cold as possible until it's as cold as it will be then put my glass under it.

I won't drink warm or hot water, unless it's mixed with something else, like using my Keurig machine.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
However it comes out of the dispenser on the fridge. Sometimes its cooler than others.

But it has to be in my glass with the silver on the rim. Why? I have absolutely no clue. I just know that's the only cup I'll actually drink my water out of. Otherwise I let it sit and one of the cats eventually sticks their paw in it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Usually room temp as I don't like it cold. Usually it's bottled or from a filtered faucet because water straight from the tap here isn't safe to drink (too much farm runoff).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
At this time of year it is ice cold, directly from the mountain to my city. So into a glass and that is it. In the summer it gets a bit warmer. So into the fridge first.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
In summer, the weather where I live tends to be scorching. I drink refrigerated water then unless I'm sick or have a sore throat for any other reason.

This time of year, however, I usually drink water at room tenperature, because cold water feels rough on my throat.

What about you?
With ice whenever possible. Lukewarm water tends to be gag making.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
One of the perks of being a bot is that I don't have to drink water.

But if I were human, straight out of the tap (we have good tap water in Melbourne).

We always have a few bottles in the fridge in case it's hot, and my wife often adds bubbles (only occasionally flavours) via a soda stream.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
With ice whenever possible. Lukewarm water tends to be gag making.

I've noticed that lukewarm water has that effect on me when I have just eaten something or when I've just woken up. I suspect it's the abrupt change of taste in my mouth that makes it so unpleasant.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

What about you?
I sometimes drink it hot, in lieu of coffee. I want the warmth, but not the coffee.

Audie

Veteran Member

What about you?

We Never drink ice water it's bad for you.
In USA restaurants I had to say "no ice".

Americans thought me strange for drinking hot
water.

( not for summer here where it's too hot
sometimes even for me )

Audie

Veteran Member
However it comes out of the dispenser on the fridge. Sometimes its cooler than others.

But it has to be in my glass with the silver on the rim. Why? I have absolutely no clue. I just know that's the only cup I'll actually drink my water out of. Otherwise I let it sit and one of the cats eventually sticks their paw in it.
Visiting a Wyoming ranch in winter...brrrr!

My friend showed me how to drink from the river, dip some snow and suck the water from
that!
I did a tiny sip to be polite but I was already too
cold! I belong in the tropics.