• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you Define God????

Bird123

What doesn't add up is a bunch of people having vehement disagreement inside a utopian Heaven. That means it isn't a utopia. Jesus tells us a transformation is necessary. I'm not ready for Heaven today, but when the time comes, I will be ready, since I've trusted in Christ.

If you need an example of when dogmatism is bad, we can start with I understand you are dogmatic that I should not believe the Bible is the Word of God.

PS. On your hard road of Discovery, are you not discovering facts?

If people are transformed in order to exist it Heaven, then it isn't really them. Why not transform everyone beforehand. I do not see the difference unless your god's feelings are hurt that a child does not believe.

In Reality, the only way people could get along in Heaven would be if they were educated to the point that they would realize Unconditional love is the only way. I see this educating as happening as we speak. I also see all God's kids making it given enough time not just a select few mankind thinks should go.

Believe what you choose. I know the Bible is the word of man. How do I know this? Not only does it not add up; it values so many of the petty things mankind values. As I see it, God is at a much Higher Level and God always adds up. You are welcome to live on beliefs if you choose. You can not say mankind did not write that book---FACT!

Yes, my road to Discovery has uncovered much more than mere facts.

Consider Logic. If God exists then God can be found. When you find God, God will no longer be a Belief.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
If people are transformed in order to exist it Heaven, then it isn't really them. Why not transform everyone beforehand. I do not see the difference unless your god's feelings are hurt that a child does not believe.

In Reality, the only way people could get along in Heaven would be if they were educated to the point that they would realize Unconditional love is the only way. I see this educating as happening as we speak. I also see all God's kids making it given enough time not just a select few mankind thinks should go.

Believe what you choose. I know the Bible is the word of man. How do I know this? Not only does it not add up; it values so many of the petty things mankind values. As I see it, God is at a much Higher Level and God always adds up. You are welcome to live on beliefs if you choose. You can not say mankind did not write that book---FACT!

Yes, my road to Discovery has uncovered much more than mere facts.

Consider Logic. If God exists then God can be found. When you find God, God will no longer be a Belief.

So you agree with my logic that we must be transformed to live inside utopia, but you believe people can utterly reform their behavior by education and not by transformation. Transformation is anchored by repentance.

We all know people who were destroying their families with an addiction. When they hit bottom and repent, they often can go cold turkey and never do the behavior again. They already had the education that they were destroying their lives and families, their homes and employment, but the education or knowledge was insufficient without repentance and the power of transformation.

If you have more than facts, you must be speaking of experiences. These experiences have taught you that God is bigger than X (the Bible, facts, knowledge, books). Yet you want God to educate people with facts and experiences about unconditional love to get to Heaven, is that right? I think you see the problem I'm having with your way.

Understand that the Bible specifically warns readers of people who emphasize spiritual experience and feelings over facts--and with good reason, too.

Bird123

So you agree with my logic that we must be transformed to live inside utopia, but you believe people can utterly reform their behavior by education and not by transformation. Transformation is anchored by repentance.

We all know people who were destroying their families with an addiction. When they hit bottom and repent, they often can go cold turkey and never do the behavior again. They already had the education that they were destroying their lives and families, their homes and employment, but the education or knowledge was insufficient without repentance and the power of transformation.

If you have more than facts, you must be speaking of experiences. These experiences have taught you that God is bigger than X (the Bible, facts, knowledge, books). Yet you want God to educate people with facts and experiences about unconditional love to get to Heaven, is that right? I think you see the problem I'm having with your way.

Understand that the Bible specifically warns readers of people who emphasize spiritual experience and feelings over facts--and with good reason, too.

Repentance is not necessary. Those who hit rock bottom through drugs change not due to repentance. People who need to change but refuse usually hurt until they discover it is easier to change, then they do. There are many factors involved such as Ego and Pride. When people experience through living it, they come to understand in time. Having acquired new knowledge, intelligence chooses a better choice. The drug addict might say they are sorry to those around them because of what they put them through, however the guilt, blame trip was never the reason for coming around.

Heaven: You do not understand. There are no conditions. It simply takes a certain amount of knowledge and understanding before anyone is capable of choosing to live under Heaven conditions. There is no magic transforming.

You said :Yet you want God to educate people with facts and experiences about unconditional love to get to Heaven, is that right
My answer: Educating God's children about unconditional love. is something that is actually happening. It has nothing to do with my wants. On the other hand, I do see and understand much of what is going on. I see the Genius of it all. I see the dynamics of it all. I must say if I had total power over everything, I would be doing it the exact same way. It is Mastery at work. The next question should be: What else can one learn from the High Intelligence that created such a system? You see, this hungry student has much to Discover. If you want to be smart, hang around the smart kids. Things rub off. That is why I choose to hang around God.

I would not say everything in the Bible is bad. It's hard to argue with some of the things the Bible has on love. I think it is a mistake for anyone to blindly accept anything. Discovering the truth is better than following.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Repentance is not necessary. Those who hit rock bottom through drugs change not due to repentance. People who need to change but refuse usually hurt until they discover it is easier to change, then they do. There are many factors involved such as Ego and Pride. When people experience through living it, they come to understand in time. Having acquired new knowledge, intelligence chooses a better choice. The drug addict might say they are sorry to those around them because of what they put them through, however the guilt, blame trip was never the reason for coming around.

Heaven: You do not understand. There are no conditions. It simply takes a certain amount of knowledge and understanding before anyone is capable of choosing to live under Heaven conditions. There is no magic transforming.

You said :Yet you want God to educate people with facts and experiences about unconditional love to get to Heaven, is that right
My answer: Educating God's children about unconditional love. is something that is actually happening. It has nothing to do with my wants. On the other hand, I do see and understand much of what is going on. I see the Genius of it all. I see the dynamics of it all. I must say if I had total power over everything, I would be doing it the exact same way. It is Mastery at work. The next question should be: What else can one learn from the High Intelligence that created such a system? You see, this hungry student has much to Discover. If you want to be smart, hang around the smart kids. Things rub off. That is why I choose to hang around God.

I would not say everything in the Bible is bad. It's hard to argue with some of the things the Bible has on love. I think it is a mistake for anyone to blindly accept anything. Discovering the truth is better than following.

Apparently your stance has changed. You were accusing me of relying on facts over experience (?) and know say "all we need is love facts".

I do understand Heaven from the One who came down from there to teach express facts about Heaven. We're not going to a utopia in our imperfect state to ruin it for its citizens. Nor do I see evidence of anyone save Christ who has demonstrated they live under "Heavenly conditions" fully enough to be in Heaven forever without once ruining utopia.

You may also want to study the word repentance in the dictionary if not the Bible. It means to change one's mind. It often takes hitting rock bottom to powerfully change an addict's mind.

"Change your mind about Jesus and the Bible, you should," says Yoda!

Bird123

Apparently your stance has changed. You were accusing me of relying on facts over experience (?) and know say "all we need is love facts".

I do understand Heaven from the One who came down from there to teach express facts about Heaven. We're not going to a utopia in our imperfect state to ruin it for its citizens. Nor do I see evidence of anyone save Christ who has demonstrated they live under "Heavenly conditions" fully enough to be in Heaven forever without once ruining utopia.

You may also want to study the word repentance in the dictionary if not the Bible. It means to change one's mind. It often takes hitting rock bottom to powerfully change an addict's mind.

"Change your mind about Jesus and the Bible, you should," says Yoda!

I rely on Truth and Facts. I could never rely on beliefs and stories. My source of knowledge is far greater than books written by mankind.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

The Greek word for repentance does not mean "blame" or "guilt trip" as you wrote. It literally means, "change of mind".

Conditions in Heaven logically disallow sinners from sinning there. The moment I hurt your feelings in Heaven, it's no longer Heaven for you. Transformation is logically required.

I don't blindly accept anything in the Bible, just as I try to avoid blindly accepting things outside the Bible. I seek facts.

Bird123

The Greek word for repentance does not mean "blame" or "guilt trip" as you wrote. It literally means, "change of mind".

Conditions in Heaven logically disallow sinners from sinning there. The moment I hurt your feelings in Heaven, it's no longer Heaven for you. Transformation is logically required.

I don't blindly accept anything in the Bible, just as I try to avoid blindly accepting things outside the Bible. I seek facts.

Transformation? Does not add up as a viable place other than a fantasy.

If you do not accept the Bible blindly, how can it be that you agree with every single word? Yes, always seek Facts and not the Beliefs you have been taught to value from childhood.

Bird123

Sounds good, but the Bible claims divine authorship.

What else would you have them say? What better way to get Followers? To see the Bible is not written by God is as easy as reading it. As I see it. God is at a much Higher Level of Intelligence than the god of the Bible.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What else would you have them say? What better way to get Followers? To see the Bible is not written by God is as easy as reading it. As I see it. God is at a much Higher Level of Intelligence than the god of the Bible.

Fortunately, the fulfilled prophecy, the incredibly influential words of Christ, including EXACTLY how to achieve enlightenment and become partakers of the divine nature, etc., etc. back up the Bible statements that it is God's Word to man.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Transformation? Does not add up as a viable place other than a fantasy.

If you do not accept the Bible blindly, how can it be that you agree with every single word? Yes, always seek Facts and not the Beliefs you have been taught to value from childhood.

Transformation is logically required for imperfect people to perform properly in a perfect nation or land.

I accept the Bible's every word because I did not accept it blindly, did not want to accept it, but read it, studied it, tested it.

And you do know I'm a Jewish Christian who was taught since childhood to distrust the teachings of Jesus and the followers of Jesus? Please stop putting me in a box and saying that enlightenment can only come when not brought about by Bible reading. You keep saying "God is bigger than facts in books" without admitting a truly powerful God could use even book knowledge to vitalize His worshippers!

Bird123

Transformation is logically required for imperfect people to perform properly in a perfect nation or land.

I accept the Bible's every word because I did not accept it blindly, did not want to accept it, but read it, studied it, tested it.

And you do know I'm a Jewish Christian who was taught since childhood to distrust the teachings of Jesus and the followers of Jesus? Please stop putting me in a box and saying that enlightenment can only come when not brought about by Bible reading. You keep saying "God is bigger than facts in books" without admitting a truly powerful God could use even book knowledge to vitalize His worshippers!

Clearly, you do not understand.