• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Believe You bring/make Heaven on Earth.

Which way do you believe we bring Heaven to Earth

• Mankind's ingenuity, wisdom and knowledge will make heaven on Earth

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Mankind through works or his goodness achieves Heaven or oneness with a Presence/power.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • God comes to earth and brings Heaven to earth - it is His capacity and not mankind's

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • There will never be heaven on earth.

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In Judaism, we speak of Tikkun Olam, the repair of the earth. We look for injustices we can correct, and suffering that we can alleviate. This is why Judaism is so connected to the civil rights movement. It is why there are Jewish hospitals.

Think of it as restoring the world to Eden. Men were cursed to toil the ground, and so we develop machinery to make give ease to that. Women have pain in childbirth, and so we have epidurals and stuff. Men have lorded it over their wives, and so we create movements to give women equality. We bring back the garden.
Beautiful

Gezellig

Jesus said that his followers should also pray for the coming of the Kingdom of God on earth (Matthew 6:9-13).
The kingdom of God, the will of God is the main thing that Jesus said and explained.
For Jews familiar with the Scriptures, this was not unfamiliar. If you look at only one 36th chapter of the Psalms, then there you can see confirmation of this.
"The evildoers will be destroyed, the land will remain for those who trust in the Lord" (Ps. 36:9).
"The righteous will have the land, and they will live on it forever" (Psalm 36:29).
This is a small part from just one chapter.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
I speak honestly, avoid gossip and try to help people when I can. That's the crux of heaven on earth - for us to live in truth and care. The holy spirit of truth, the guide.

Luke 8:15

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Humans will always be fallible humans and any sort of Heaven on Earth in the future is based on idealistic mythology. I do believe in a very tough brutal spiritual evolution of humanity, but that is well into the future if humanity survives the plague of the tribalism of the conflict between ancient religions.