• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we make life better for everyone?

Yerda

Veteran Member
I don't have the answer, clearly, but I like to think about it.

Does anyone here believe that if everyone followed their religion we would have better lives?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.

Does anyone here believe that if everyone followed their religion we would have better lives?
1=Wolrdwide justice.
2=Believe and practice true form of their revealed religion at least.
3=True Islam.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
How to make life better for all?

Hm, rely on advancing technology to produce products that take care of hard labor.
End religious liberty and privilege, religions shouldn't have more rights than the people in them.
Destroy currency and the process of money.
Flow a system of jobs and education based on what people want to be and are good at.
Legalize, regulate and engineer common drugs to be either less addictive, less deadly, or both.
Teach children that being discriminatory towards those different than you is wrong, reinforce that with better child care services.
Proper education based around the child in their early years, and what they want to be in later years.
Stop poverty and slavery (going off the no more currency trait), by force if necessary.
Remove the death penalty and create a jail system based around re-education and mental health regulation.
Invest more minds into progress and return the ability to decide who runs a country to the people that vote.
Take away large military forces and replace them with a more advanced form of police.

I suppose there's a lot that can be done, many of which will likely never happen.
Need more listed?

Last edited:

buddhist

Yes.

The basic reason for all of existence is suffering. Pretty much everything we do in life is to alleviate suffering in some way.

The suffering everyone experiences in this world is because almost everyone is clamoring for more. More possessions, more games, more television, more pleasures, more money, more toys, etc. all in a futile attempt to satiate - at least temporarily - that never-ending sense of suffering or discontentment. This desire for more fuels competition (on the personal or local scale) and wars (on the global scale) for the resources needed to support the acquisition of these "things".

Early Buddhism is unique among all prominent religions, as it advocates less instead of more, as the true pathway to ultimate bliss and harmony. I have tested this out for myself, and found it to be true with direct knowledge. The less I own and crave, the less suffering I experience, the happier and more blissful I become.

Imagine if everyone in the world practiced this philosophy, where all we needed are the most minimal of external "things" to support our physical life to further our individual spiritual journeys. No one would care to possessively "own" things, wars would no longer be fought.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

It has nothing to do with religion but i think to live a better life for everyone is a hard thing to be achieved,
imagine everyone wants to own the most expensive car, the most expensive house....etc.

So at least the best thing to do is to focus on free education, free healthcare, free modest houses and
better wages for workers and employers, and birth control is good for all.

SpeaksForTheTrees

If all the main religions got together threw ALL the medevil books onto the fire , the world would be much better place?
Religion in its present primitive form creates very real dangerous divides in nations.imho

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Not really.

Personally, I think one of the best ways to help people lead better lives, at least for those of us without the means to directly help large numbers of people, is to make ourselves better.

ak.yonathan

Yes.

The basic reason for all of existence is suffering. Pretty much everything we do in life is to alleviate suffering in some way.

The suffering everyone experiences in this world is because almost everyone is clamoring for more. More possessions, more games, more television, more pleasures, more money, more toys, etc. all in a futile attempt to satiate - at least temporarily - that never-ending sense of suffering or discontentment. This desire for more fuels competition (on the personal or local scale) and wars (on the global scale) for the resources needed to support the acquisition of these "things".

Early Buddhism is unique among all prominent religions, as it advocates less instead of more, as the true pathway to ultimate bliss and harmony. I have tested this out for myself, and found it to be true with direct knowledge. The less I own and crave, the less suffering I experience, the happier and more blissful I become.

Imagine if everyone in the world practiced this philosophy, where all we needed are the most minimal of external "things" to support our physical life to further our individual spiritual journeys. No one would care to possessively "own" things, wars would no longer be fought.
Right, however Buddhism goes against human nature, at least instinctively. What about those people who have yet to know of Buddhism? Are they doomed? Seems to me like the way to make everyone happy is to install the opposite of Buddhism in reality.

Aquitaine

I'm of the belief that if all people took their religion a little less seriously then people would have generally better lives.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I think if you take key principles out of most religions and really try to understand them and how to apply them, most everybody would benefit. Application and experience is always most important. The specifics and juicy details depend on the person.

I don't think Heathenry/Ásatrú is right for everybody or outright best. I love it and it is me, though, literally :)

SpeaksForTheTrees

Right, however Buddhism goes against human nature, at least instinctively. What about those people who have yet to know of Buddhism? Are they doomed? Seems to me like the way to make everyone happy is to install the opposite of Buddhism in reality.
Buddhism the minimum requirements ie keep your nose clean ?

SpeaksForTheTrees

I'm of the belief that if all people took their religion a little less seriously then people would have generally better lives.
The people that decide the destiny of billions , to them things like this matter.
Tony Blair went to Iraq on God will told parliment .
Religion needs fixing or abandoning pretending is no problem only passes it to your grandchildren

Covellite

If all the main religions got together threw ALL the medevil books onto the fire , the world would be much better place?
Religion in its present primitive form creates very real dangerous divides in nations.imho
I don't like to mix books and fire, but totally agree about religions are dangerous.