• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know the Bible was not written by demons?

MJFlores

Astronomy. The position of Earth in the sky.

giphy.gif

MJFlores

Astronomy. The position of Earth in the sky.

The mere fact that if a person writes down the year 2020
Unwittingly acknowledges the fact that Jesus is a historical figure
Even the Communist Party of China gives reference to the year of our Lord [Anno Domini / After Death] or the Christian Era.
People do not refer to some fictitious pagan God or some notable non christian philosopher or Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny - the reference have always been on Jesus Christ.

Keeping Time: The Origin of B.C. & A.D. | Live Science

So I win providing you proofs based on historical facts.
You have not shown proofs from astronomy to back your counter assertion because there aren't any.

giphy.gif

firedragon

Veteran Member
Even the Communist Party of China gives reference to the year of our Lord [Anno Domini / After Death] or the Christian Era.
People do not refer to some fictitious pagan God or some notable non christian philosopher or Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny - the reference have always been on Jesus Christ.

Keeping Time: The Origin of B.C. & A.D. | Live Science

So I win providing you proofs based on historical facts.
You have not shown proofs from astronomy to back your counter assertion because there aren't any.

giphy.gif

But you see, the year of the lord is wrong because no one knows if Jesus was born on day zero or one. Most believe he was born 3 or 4 years prior.

Anyway calendars can start from what we decide in retrospect and is not evidence of anything.

night912

Jesus the Christ was taken up to heaven - not through teleportation or some Star Trek method but something like he was beamed up. Heaven is a far away place it is not you average stratosphere or a cloudy environment with pearly gates, it is a place far far far away.

At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.

While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

You need an eye witness account who saw Jesus the Christ in heaven? Jesus connected with him like we connect remotely in Zoom, Webex or what have you.
So you're saying that when it comes to transportation technology, heaven is superior to that of Star Trek's transportation technology. But when it comes to long range communication, heaven only has technology that's equal to Star Trek's "main viewer" tech? And heaven's short range communications technology is even more primative since it resorted to our level of technology, paper and pen. Maybe even less? Stone age perhaps?

Too bad heaven didn't have PHASER technology. Stephen's life could've been saved with some accurate and precise shots.

One thing is for sure though, when a being claiming to be god and ask for a ship, be skeptical and do what James T. Kirk did. Ask, "What does god need with need with a starship?"

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What research have you done for this 90% number?

It is actually higher due to mass media. I have been to China and India, and yes there are churches everywhere, and I can go into any bookstore and buy a Bible in Chinese. Missionaries from many different churches have traveled virtually everywhere in the world. Where would the people be that do not know of the existence of Christianity?

MJFlores

But you see, the year of the lord is wrong because no one knows if Jesus was born on day zero or one. Most believe he was born 3 or 4 years prior.

Anyway calendars can start from what we decide in retrospect and is not evidence of anything.

That is what you call "estimates"

People do not even know the month and the day when Jesus was born. And it was better that way to keep people guessing.

Now if Jesus Christ is fictitious, a fraud or a demon, people wouldn't give importance referencing every earth year in reference to the estimated year, he was born. But the Lord Jesus Christ is a very great man, too great to be ignored.

Hey we don't even have a picture of him yet the commie Chinese reference their year to the Lord Jesus Christ, and how about the North Koreans?

5000.jpg

1948 is what to them? I think Jesus has something to do with this.

source.gif

MJFlores

So you're saying that when it comes to transportation technology, heaven is superior to that of Star Trek's transportation technology. But when it comes to long range communication, heaven only has technology that's equal to Star Trek's "main viewer" tech? And heaven's short range communications technology is even more primative since it resorted to our level of technology, paper and pen. Maybe even less? Stone age perhaps?

Too bad heaven didn't have PHASER technology. Stephen's life could've been saved with some accurate and precise shots.

One thing is for sure though, when a being claiming to be god and ask for a ship, be skeptical and do what James T. Kirk did. Ask, "What does god need with need with a starship?"
giphy.gif

You are absolutely a genuine trekkie!
How I wished Star Trek was real so we could travel at warp speed and live in various M class planets.
But it isn't.

images
images
images

Muffled

Jesus in me
This just shows the absurdity of your original question based on "supposing" and "what if". So i think you just faced the nonsensical premise you started with.

I suppose it could be considered circular reasoning since the demons are found described in the Bible as enemies of God. Would they really write that about themselves? On the other hand Hindus have some demons don't they?

firedragon

Veteran Member
It is actually higher due to mass media. I have been to China and India, and yes there are churches everywhere, and I can go into any bookstore and buy a Bible in Chinese. Missionaries from many different churches have traveled virtually everywhere in the world. Where would the people be that do not know of the existence of Christianity?

Thats not research. Speculation. Anecdotal. Could be true, could be false.

firedragon

Veteran Member
That is what you call "estimates"

People do not even know the month and the day when Jesus was born. And it was better that way to keep people guessing.

Now if Jesus Christ is fictitious, a fraud or a demon, people wouldn't give importance referencing every earth year in reference to the estimated year, he was born. But the Lord Jesus Christ is a very great man, too great to be ignored.

Hey we don't even have a picture of him yet the commie Chinese reference their year to the Lord Jesus Christ, and how about the North Koreans?

5000.jpg

1948 is what to them? I think Jesus has something to do with this.

source.gif

firedragon

Veteran Member
I suppose it could be considered circular reasoning since the demons are found described in the Bible as enemies of God. Would they really write that about themselves? On the other hand Hindus have some demons don't they?

Irrelevant comment to what I was saying.

Nevertheless, what demons in the Bible are you speaking of? The Tanakh or the New Testament? Can you specifically refer to the verse you are quoting?

Hindu Demons maybe "Demons" to you but its just to wide a statement when it comes to Hinduism. Is Kali a demon or a Goddess?

Whats the relevance of any of this?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Thats not research. Speculation. Anecdotal. Could be true, could be false.

Actually no, it is based on statistics and personal witness of traveling all over China, India and the Orient.. The Bibles are in Chinese in all the bookstores, and there are churches all over China and the world. There were missionaries for Christianity of various forms everywhere I went.

Where are those that have not heard of Christianity? You have provided nothing to support your argument.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Actually no, it is based on statistics and personal witness of traveling all over China, India and the Orient.. The Bibles are in Chinese in all the bookstores, and there are churches all over China and the world. There were missionaries for Christianity of various forms everywhere I went.

Where are those that have not heard of Christianity? You have provided nothing to support your argument.

Whats my argument? I didnt make any argument.

I am asking for the "statistics" you claim. Please provide.

Not your so called "personal witness of traveling all over China, India and the Orient."

You said "90% plus of the world knows about the Bible". So provide the research.

7 billion people. 90% of that is 6.3 billion. Please provide the research to substantiate your claim. You know that you are going around this question because your claim was your assumption.

Provide the "statistics" you claimed and the methodology of the research.

Cheers.

MJFlores

Calendars start rationally. No one can just say, "Hey people. Let's have the year changed to 300000 from 2020. Because that is the estimated number of years where humans began to act intelligently.

upload_2020-6-7_20-5-2.jpeg

How long have homo sapiens been around?
Humans began to exhibit evidence of behavioral modernity at least by about 100,000–70,000 years ago and (according to recent evidence) as far back as around 300,000 years ago, in the Middle Stone Age. In several waves of migration, H. sapiens ventured out of Africa and populated most of the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human
Human - Wikipedia

giphy.gif

firedragon

Veteran Member
Calendars start rationally. No one can just say, "Hey people. Let's have the year changed to 300000 from 2020. Because that is the estimated number of years where humans began to act intelligently.

View attachment 40557

How long have homo sapiens been around?
Humans began to exhibit evidence of behavioral modernity at least by about 100,000–70,000 years ago and (according to recent evidence) as far back as around 300,000 years ago, in the Middle Stone Age. In several waves of migration, H. sapiens ventured out of Africa and populated most of the world.
Human - Wikipedia

giphy.gif

Nice.

So whats your point?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How do we know the Bible was not written by demons?

I know I know, because they don’t exist.

But suppose if you believed in demons and believed that demons can impersonate the dead.

Demons could have stolen Lazuras body and impersonated him, and the same for Jesus, or Jesus Himself could even be a demon in league with other demons.
you know a tree by the fruit it bears

night912

Nope, you're wrong. China doesn't give reference to Jesus. It uses BCE and CE(common era).

If you would look closely - why did they put on 1949 and 2019 signages during their parade?

Is this weird or what? It isn't weird if you yourself use 2020 or any calendar year pertaining and in reference to....?

It's not weird. China put 1949 and 2019 to signify the birthyear and the current year. So, 1949 CE is the year that nation was found. And 2019 CE is the year in which that particular parade was held. So China has no acknowledgement that Jesus was an actual historical figure.

Of course, North Korea would be similar. 1948 it is important because it signifies the birthyear of the nation not the birthyear of Jesus.

And the mere fact that if someone writes the year 2020, it doesn't necessarily mean that they acknowledge that Jesus was an actual person and/or existed. Just like if you wrote the day, "Thursday," you are not necessarily acknowledging that the god Thor exist(ed).

Now if Jesus Christ was a very great man, too great to be ignored, that existed sometime in history, people would give importance referencing every earth year in reference to the actual year that he was born, not the estimated year. His actual birthyear would not have been ignored, for so important it was, that even his birth was prophesied.