• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know if ghosts and poltergeists are not demons in disguise?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Because the dead “know nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)”; they “do not praise Jah (Psalms 115:17)” - or anything else - because they have ‘returned to dust (Genesis 3:19).’ Impersonating the dead is one of the most convincing ways demons have misled people into believing the dead are still “alive in another realm.”

But humans die just like the animals do. Ecclesiastes 3:19-20.

The only difference is, humans will have a Resurrection. John 5:28-29.

So to answer your question:
IMO, ghosts and poltergeists are demons in disguise, because
how can a dead human act as a spirit, if they “know nothing,” and their spirit has ‘gone out’ as stated at Psalms 146:3-4?

That's the problem with paranormal experiences, people approach them with preconceived notions and contextualize things within their personal religion rather than take an objective, analytical, and empirical approach.

MyM

of course they are demons in disguise.

The only spriits that exist are the ones who came down from heaven.... the rebellious angles.

The bible clearly states that humans return to 'dust' when they die. They do not live on as spiriits. We are mortal and made of dust and we return to dust.

If you ever meet a 'ghost' you are talking to a rebellious angel, a demon.

In Islam, we believe differently :)

They are not angels. Angels are created from light. Jinn are created from smokeless fire. The good jinn are good. The bad jinn do awful and horrible things. Some scare, some kill, some possess, some bother etc. In Islam, they will be in hellfire with their leader Iblis, when they die and yes, in Islam, jinn do die.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
That's the problem with paranormal experiences, people approach them with preconceived notions and contextualize things within their personal religion rather than take an objective, analytical, and empirical approach.
That’s why reading the Bible as it is, w/o preconceived notions of dogma, is imperative to grasp its meaning on any given subject.

We all need to take that same approach — objective, analytical and empirical — when reading Biblical Scripture in context. Not just parts of it.... all 66 books of it.

I couldn’t have done it by myself, I don’t think. I received help.- Acts of the Apostles 8:30-31

Michael1926

How do we know if ghosts and poltergeists ae not demons in disguise?:)I am going for the demon theory.:)
I could not tell you how we can distinguish between a ghost and a demon, but it is brought down in Jewish tradition that evil demons seek to scare and even harm people. They could most certainly take on the appearance of a ghost for this very purpose. Demons like to live in abandoned buildings, though if they wanted they could build their own towns. We learn in the Talmud about a town of demons that existed in the time of King Solomon.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are we seriously discussing the taxonomy and biology of mythical, invisible, or unknown creatures, that have never been photographed, generally observed, examined, dissected, or genotyped?

Do we have the data foe cladograms, or even serious discussion of features?

Colt

How do we know if ghosts and poltergeists ae not demons in disguise?:)I am going for the demon theory.:)
Some of our unseen friends in the celestial world fell, they were seduced during Lucifer's conversion to Atheism. The vast majority of our counterparts in service remained loyal to the Creator. At no time did the fallen ones ever have the ability to enter our wills or minds and force man to work against his own will. They preyed upon mentally unstable people who weren't in control of their own faculties. They would flop around and scare people like some epileptic fit! Trouble makers really, heckler's in the crowd!

After Jesus ascended to heaven the rebels were all taken away.

Humans do not become ghosts at death, any beliefs in ghosts flitering about are fear based inventions of our minds.

Humans behave in horrific ways quite on their own and do not require blaming some demonic force as an excuse!