• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know if ghosts and poltergeists are not demons in disguise?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Demons are typically malevolent.

Ghosts/Poltergeists are not necessarily out to harm others.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How do we know that ghosts and poltergeists are real entities at all? For that matter, what evidence is there that demons exist? Aren't they just mythological creatures to explain bad actions or scare children?
I think your question is based on two unsupported presuppositions.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How do we know that ghosts and poltergeists are real entities at all? For that matter, what evidence is there that demons exist? Aren't they just mythological creatures to explain bad actions or scare children?
I think your question is based on two unsupported presuppositions.
Parapsychology is the study of paranormal phenomenon, there are certain "evidence" not that know all of them.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How do we know if ghosts and poltergeists ae not demons in disguise?:)I am going for the demon theory.:)
One unfortunate thing about the supernatural is that it's simultaneously plagued by a lack of clear and credible definitions of what it likes to talk about, and by a surfeit, a total engorgement, of flights of frightful imagination derived not least from our evolved fear of the dark.

Though I was never one to complain about a good ghost story ...

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I have crossed paths with two separate demonic entities during the many years I've been investigating the paranormal, and both of these incidences were fairly recent. I felt immense fear and foreboding. I can say with absolute certainty that these ill-feelings I felt while in the presence of these demonic entities is much different from what I feel whenever I'm in the presence of human spirits.

Speaking of human spirits, I have encountered numerous spirits during my lifetime as a clairvoyant, and none of these spirits have ever harmed me. I don't provoke the spirits, so they don't have a reason to lash out at me. A valuable lesson from Paranormal 101 is to treat the dead with respect. I've also witnessed poltergeist activity, and I was never harmed during these incidences, either.

That being said, I can only speak from my own personal experiences interacting with the paranormal over the years. I can't speak for other clairvoyants and paranormal investigators. Their experiences with the paranormal could be very different from mine.

Last edited:

MyM

How do we know if ghosts and poltergeists ae not demons in disguise?:)I am going for the demon theory.:)

Hello :)

In Islam, it's just jinn. Jinn can cause harm. They can possess, they can hurt, kill, be passive or bother. There are also good jinn as well. In Islam, you don't have dead people walkin the earth like in that movie The 6th Sense. Ya don't have misguided souls out to find their true place. etc. etc. etc. In Islam, Allah has told us all about jinn. Mohammad pbuh has told us what happens, how to deal with them and get rid of them. In Islam, we are not to go chasin after the unseen.

Frank Goad

But why quote the Bible? I's supernatural claims are as unsupported as those any other folklore, religion or popular literature.

Do you know of any non-religious, non-folkloric, non-anecdotal, peer-reviewed studies that have done on these phenomena?

I heard parapsychology studies this kind of stuff.But I don't know of any websites of the top of my head.That are peer-reviewed.:)

Bree

of course they are demons in disguise.

The only spriits that exist are the ones who came down from heaven.... the rebellious angles.

The bible clearly states that humans return to 'dust' when they die. They do not live on as spiriits. We are mortal and made of dust and we return to dust.

If you ever meet a 'ghost' you are talking to a rebellious angel, a demon.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
If they're demons why are they wasting time hanging around in dilapidated, derelict buildings? What would they gain from that?

One of the demonic entities I crossed paths with was in an old abandoned funeral home, next door to the hotel I was staying in. I don't know why this entity was in this abandoned funeral home because after I saw the photographs of it, I never went back and tried to communicate with it. In fact, I'll never go back and look around that funeral home again. Not with that entity there.

As far as I know, demonic entities will often hang around in buildings or houses because they were conjured there during an occult or Satanic ritual. I'm not an expert in the occult or in demonology, but that's what I've learned while researching the paranormal.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The only spriits that exist are the ones who came down from heaven.... the rebellious angles.

The bible clearly states that humans return to 'dust' when they die. They do not live on as spiriits. We are mortal and made of dust and we return to dust.

Do you have any empirical support for these views?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A ghost. A human or animal tree plant insect lived was interactive atmospheric changed. Water oxygenated saved us.

Images were recorded.

Normally disappear as it is not fixed. The atmospheric heating cooling flooding evaporation.

Yet if earths atmosphere by human science choice keeps it actively irradiating the images remain present manifest disappear then re manifest.

Poltergeist is pressure changes that suddenly shift objects. As the object is owner fixed position.

Causation only. Caused effect as the heavens body a gas by image is the gas. The cloud by image is a smoking rolling cooling effect. Night time clear no image. Can just see physical creation in space.

Science caused it.

The effect first O earth radiation released is phi instant. Crops Phi is fallout is not the first. Why Mr know it all got it wrong. The theist claiming it was God.

A demon...science said I saw it as an anti man's image by my choice not my choice.

Why he said it demon strated strata changed. Why he used the word definition so no argument could exist. Today he just ignores his own words.

As it was only seen as a demonstration it is not fixed is what Satanists taught liars.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Because the dead “know nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)”; they “do not praise Jah (Psalms 115:17)” - or anything else - because they have ‘returned to dust (Genesis 3:19).’ Impersonating the dead is one of the most convincing ways demons have misled people into believing the dead are still “alive in another realm.”

But humans die just like the animals do. Ecclesiastes 3:19-20.

The only difference is, humans will have a Resurrection. John 5:28-29.

So to answer your question:
IMO, ghosts and poltergeists are demons in disguise, because
how can a dead human act as a spirit, if they “know nothing,” and their spirit has ‘gone out’ as stated at Psalms 146:3-4?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

That didn't answer the question.