• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know a Prophet is a Prophet and sent by God?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
If platonic statements were all, then why do you not accept Vivekananda, Gandhi and Martin Luther King as manifestations of God? That they did not say that they are manifestations of God indicates their honesty. Not all people are that honest.
Nine manifestations and no proof! That is sure a quandary.
One claimed to be God himself and the other did not even claim that he was a manifestation of any Allah, but you made him one.
That you consider what is in your book as "all truth" (Women are inferior to men and LGBTQ are abominations in the eyes of Allah), does not make it a truth for all people in the world.Sorry, Trailblazer. I am not searching. I have searched and found no reason to believe in the God or manifestation fiction. I will not get my nose chopped to see the 'Emperor's New Clothes'.
And if the Baha'i Faith is true, it makes your beliefs and the beliefs of every other person in every other religion false. Baha'is try to sound so inclusive, but there's not one other religion that Baha'is believe is teaching the truth... other then them. They believe in their own concept and interpretation of the other religions. They tell us what those other religions should believe in and what they "originally" believed in. And then tell us how each one of the other religions added things in and misinterpreted their own Scriptures and ended up getting far away from that supposed "original" truth. So, in reality, Baha'i believe they are the only true religion in the world. And the only one that can bring peace and unity to the world. But it's gotta be tough to bring peace and unity, especially between people of the many different religions, when they really don't believe in those religions.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Baha’u’llah was descended from Abraham and through Jesse, the father of David.

The verse Christians read at Christmas “For unto us a son is born…. refers word for word to Baha’u’llah. Christ was the Son not the everlasting Father and He said “My kingdom is not of this world’. But Baha’u’llah is the Father and brought the Kingdom of God on earth.
Here's Isaiah 9,,,
Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the nations, by the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan—

2 The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned.
3 You have enlarged the nation
and increased their joy;
they rejoice before you
as people rejoice at the harvest,
as warriors rejoice
when dividing the plunder.
4 For as in the day of Midian’s defeat,
you have shattered
the yoke that burdens them,
the bar across their shoulders,
the rod of their oppressor.
5 Every warrior’s boot used in battle
and every garment rolled in blood
will be destined for burning,
will be fuel for the fire.
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.​

But that's not the end of chapter 9. It goes on.

The Lord has sent a message against Jacob;
it will fall on Israel.
9 All the people will know it—
Ephraim and the inhabitants of Samaria—
who say with pride
and arrogance of heart,
10 “The bricks have fallen down,
but we will rebuild with dressed stone;
the fig trees have been felled,
but we will replace them with cedars.”
11 But the Lord has strengthened Rezin’s foes against them
and has spurred their enemies on.
12 Arameans from the east and Philistines from the west
have devoured Israel with open mouth.

Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away,
his hand is still upraised.

13 But the people have not returned to him who struck them,
nor have they sought the Lord Almighty.
14 So the Lord will cut off from Israel both head and tail,
both palm branch and reed in a single day;
15 the elders and dignitaries are the head,
the prophets who teach lies are the tail.
16 Those who guide this people mislead them,
and those who are guided are led astray.
17 Therefore the Lord will take no pleasure in the young men,
nor will he pity the fatherless and widows,
for everyone is ungodly and wicked,
every mouth speaks folly.

his hand is still upraised.

18 Surely wickedness burns like a fire;
it consumes briers and thorns,
it sets the forest thickets ablaze,
so that it rolls upward in a column of smoke.
19 By the wrath of the Lord Almighty
the land will be scorched
and the people will be fuel for the fire;
they will not spare one another.
20 On the right they will devour,
but still be hungry;
on the left they will eat,
but not be satisfied.
Each will feed on the flesh of their own offspring:
21 Manasseh will feed on Ephraim, and Ephraim on Manasseh;
together they will turn against Judah.

his hand is still upraised.​
Okay, "word for word"... What's this talking about? This all about the Baha'i Faith?

Bree

First off, they have two manifestations. So, they have to come up with prophecies that support two "Christs" in the end times. For what's happening now, it's all because the world essentially rejected their prophet. He offered the leaders of some of the nations "the most great peace". They didn't take him up on it. So now, we're going through trials and tribulations. At some point, when things get intolerable, then, they say, the people of the world will unite together in the "lessor peace", and slowly accepting more and more of the teachings of the Baha'i Faith, because they will finally realize, it is the truth from God.

ok well its interesting that they beleive peace will come at the teachings of the Bahai Faith. Even Jesus didnt believe that peace would come on the basis of his teachings. Prophets of old foretold that the world would reject the Messiah (Christ) and continue on in their destructive path. There will never be a time when all people of the world repent and turn to God. That will never happen. (it would be nice if it did, but sadly it wont)

I don't suppose JW's believe all religions are one. Which, for Baha'is, means, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam and the other major religions. I always give them a hard time on their belief that the resurrection was a symbolic, spiritual resurrection and Jesus didn't come back to life but died and stayed dead. What are your beliefs about that?

he most certainly was recorrected according to all the eyewitness testimony we find in the writings of the bible gospels and accounts.
But he was not resurrected as a human but rather as a 'spirit' person. that is the only way he could have been taken up into heaven to sit at Gods right hand.

So yes he was resurrected by God, he is now alive and has been ever since. And this really is why we need no other Christ except Jesus. He is the only one God has ordained as his chief spokesperson. Who else has God resurrected? No one.

Only Christ will do all that God requires and that is to bring mankind into peace with God, and everlasting life on a paradise earth.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
May i ask why 1844? What remarkable events occured at that time?

Biblical prophecy pointed to 1844. You may he aware on the predictions of William Miller. A lot of interpretation changed from what became known as the great disappointment.

The Jehovah Witness movement was born from the events surrounding the great disappointment.

Also a Claim was made by the Báb, who was a merchant from Shiraz in Qajar Iran who, in 1844 at the age of 25, claimed to be a messenger of God, who had come to prepare the way for one whom God would make manifest. This Gate was Elijah, who always comes first.

At his trail, before His execution the Bab offered this.

At last the stillness which brooded over them was broken by the Nizámu’l-‘Ulama’. “Whom do you claim to be,” he asked the Báb, “and what is the message which you have brought?”

“I am,” thrice exclaimed the Báb, “I am, I am, the promised One! I am the One whose name you have for a thousand years invoked, at whose mention you have risen, whose advent you have longed to witness, and the hour of whose Revelation you have prayed God to hasten. Verily I say, it is incumbent upon the peoples of both the East and the West to obey My word and to pledge allegiance to My person.”

Bahá'í Reference Library - The Dawn-Breakers: Nabíl’s Narrative of the Early Days of the Bahá’í Revelation, Pages 309-324

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There will never be a time when all people of the world repent and turn to God. That will never happen. (it would be nice if it did, but sadly it wont)

Would that not mean that this prayer has no substance?

Matthew 6:9-13 9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’"

We are created in Gods image, thus it is only a choice we make, do we live in the kingdom, with Christ, here and now, born again, or do we live for this material world as one who is dead?

Regards Tony

Bree

Biblical prophecy pointed to 1844. You may he aware on the predictions of William Miller. A lot of interpretation changed from what became known as the great disappointment.

The Jehovah Witness movement was born from the events surrounding the great disappointment.

Also a Claim was made by the Báb, who was a merchant from Shiraz in Qajar Iran who, in 1844 at the age of 25, claimed to be a messenger of God, who had come to prepare the way for one whom God would make manifest. This Gate was Elijah, who always comes first.

The millerites believed Christ would return on Oct 22, 1844. Lots of christian religions in those years were eagerly expecting the return of Christ. Based on the Bible, scriptures indicated his return and some tried to calculate the prophecy found in the book of Daniel. But the 'bible students association' as we were then known came up with a different year and that year was 1914...the year of the first world war.

How did a non christian religion take up the reigns and claim himself to be the Christ ? The Bahai faith is Babi religion of Persia that broke away from the Shiite branch of Islam. They must have also been using the bible....or do you think they were influenced by the Millerites?

Bree

Would that not mean that this prayer has no substance?

Matthew 6:9-13 9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’"

We are created in Gods image, thus it is only a choice we make, do we live in the kingdom, with Christ, here and now, born again, or do we live for this material world as one who is dead?

Regards Tony

I think we both believe it will eventually come to fruition that all mankind, as one large family, will all come to a full knowledge and worship of the true God in peace and harmony here on earth. I fully believe that.

The way it will happen is explained by God through the prophets of the bible though. And the explanation given is not that people will all have a major turning around to follow a faith of any kind. The world of mankind is said to be 'blinded' by the 'god of this system' This god is the 'ruler of the world' as explained by Jesus John 12:31 Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world+ will be cast out.+

2Cor4:3 If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things+ has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,+ so that the illumination* of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God,+ might not shine through

Until that 'ruler of the world' is removed there will be no great turning of minds toward God because this god of the system 'blinds' people. Until that one who is 'blinding the minds of the unbelievers' is done away with, no one will suddenly see the light. Something much more drastic will be needed for mankind to turn to God.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The millerites believed Christ would return on Oct 22, 1844. Lots of christian religions in those years were eagerly expecting the return of Christ. Based on the Bible, scriptures indicated his return and some tried to calculate the prophecy found in the book of Daniel. But the 'bible students association' as we were then known came up with a different year and that year was 1914...the year of the first world war.

How did a non christian religion take up the reigns and claim himself to be the Christ ? The Bahai faith is Babi religion of Persia that broke away from the Shiite branch of Islam. They must have also been using the bible....or do you think they were influenced by the Millerites?

It was the evening of May 23rd 1844.

There are many prophecies that indicate the event will happen in the East and then from the East arrive in the Holy Land.

No need to repeat here.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think we both believe it will eventually come to fruition that all mankind, as one large family, will all come to a full knowledge and worship of the true God in peace and harmony here on earth. I fully believe that.

The way it will happen is explained by God through the prophets of the bible though. And the explanation given is not that people will all have a major turning around to follow a faith of any kind. The world of mankind is said to be 'blinded' by the 'god of this system' This god is the 'ruler of the world' as explained by Jesus John 12:31 Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world+ will be cast out.+

2Cor4:3 If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things+ has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,+ so that the illumination* of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God,+ might not shine through

Until that 'ruler of the world' is removed there will be no great turning of minds toward God because this god of the system 'blinds' people. Until that one who is 'blinding the minds of the unbelievers' is done away with, no one will suddenly see the light. Something much more drastic will be needed for mankind to turn to God.

Your thoughts, I see are sound.

The next step will be a Union of that Nations brought about mankind, not based on any specific God given Faith, but many that help make the decisions, will have a faith.

It is that Union of Nations representing all Mankind, that will eventually accept that humanity does indeed need God and this is when the prophecies of the Baha'i Faith tell is that the Councels given of God will be embraced on a wider scale.

There is a lot written on this now. Remember Christ was to guide us unto all Truth.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

What I don't get is how William Miller and the Baha'is start counting 2300 years from decree to rebuild Jerusalem in 457BC. Here's what it says in Daniel...
Daniel 8:8 The goat became very great, but at the height of its power the large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.

9 Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11 It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down. 12 Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to him, “How long will it take for the vision to be fulfilled—the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, the rebellion that causes desolation, the surrender of the sanctuary and the trampling underfoot of the Lord’s people?”

14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”​
I really don't see how any of that has anything to do with the decree to rebuild Jerusalem. Naturally, Baha'is are just fine with it, because it gets them to 1844.

Bree

What I don't get is how William Miller and the Baha'is start counting 2300 years from decree to rebuild Jerusalem in 457BC. Here's what it says in Daniel...
Daniel 8:8 The goat became very great, but at the height of its power the large horn was broken off, and in its place four prominent horns grew up toward the four winds of heaven.

9 Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land. 10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them. 11 It set itself up to be as great as the commander of the army of the Lord; it took away the daily sacrifice from the Lord, and his sanctuary was thrown down. 12 Because of rebellion, the Lord’s people and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to him, “How long will it take for the vision to be fulfilled—the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, the rebellion that causes desolation, the surrender of the sanctuary and the trampling underfoot of the Lord’s people?”

14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”​
I really don't see how any of that has anything to do with the decree to rebuild Jerusalem. Naturally, Baha'is are just fine with it, because it gets them to 1844.

There are more then just that 1 prophecy that needs to be considered. The book of Daniel mentions several 'time periods' ie The 69 weeks (of years) from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem to the coming of the Messiah, the events to take place within the 70 week and the destruction of Jerusalem to follow soon afterward, the “7 times,” which Jesus called “the appointed times of the nations” and indicated that they were still running at the time that he was on earth, with their conclusion at a much later date; and the periods of 1,290, 1,335 and 2,300 days, also “an appointed time, appointed times and a half Its also drawn from Jesus words about Jerusalem and the 'appointed times of the nations'

And there are a number of people in the past who gave different dates for the same event. The dates for when this kingdom would begin ruling, ie when the appointed times come to their end and the 'rightful' king appointed, is uncovered with a few other prophecies. The Bahais stated 1844, others said 1849 and others including JW's stated 1914.

It certainly makes for interesting discussion.