• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know a Prophet is a Prophet and sent by God?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Baha'u'llah has left a prayer for us where this is the closing verse

“O Thou Who are the most manifest of the manifest and the most hidden of the hidden.”

Thus is a blog where it has been given some thought.

@74x12

Manifest Yet Hidden

Regards Tony
The question is about prophecies. I have no doubt that believing Baha'is, believing Christians, or people believing in any religion will find and receive clear answers that prove to them what they believe is true. Unfortunately, each religion believes something different. Yet, they all work for those that truly believe in them. So, again, is it what they believe or is it because they believe it that makes it work for them?

A Christian can tell me virtually the same thing, Jesus and God are hidden from me because of my unbelief. But they are very real and manifest to them. But is Jesus God? Is there a Satan and a hell and all the other beliefs that some Christians hold? To a Baha'i, no. So, to a Baha'is, those Christians that believe those things, especially that Jesus is God, are mistaken and are holding onto a false belief. But, to them, it is true and very real and has changed their lives.

Same with Baha'is... to Baha'is, Baha'u'llah and all the things he wrote is from God and is so very true and is disparately needed to bring peace and unity to the world. Very manifest to Baha'is, but not so much to those that don't believe he is really from God. His words are nothing but flowery verbiage.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The question is about prophecies. I have no doubt that believing Baha'is, believing Christians, or people believing in any religion will find and receive clear answers that prove to them what they believe is true. Unfortunately, each religion believes something different. Yet, they all work for those that truly believe in them. So, again, is it what they believe or is it because they believe it that makes it work for them?

A Christian can tell me virtually the same thing, Jesus and God are hidden from me because of my unbelief. But they are very real and manifest to them. But is Jesus God? Is there a Satan and a hell and all the other beliefs that some Christians hold? To a Baha'i, no. So, to a Baha'is, those Christians that believe those things, especially that Jesus is God, are mistaken and are holding onto a false belief. But, to them, it is true and very real and has changed their lives.

Same with Baha'is... to Baha'is, Baha'u'llah and all the things he wrote is from God and is so very true and is disparately needed to bring peace and unity to the world. Very manifest to Baha'is, but not so much to those that don't believe he is really from God. His words are nothing but flowery verbiage.

Such are the choices we all have with God and Faith CG.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So brahman is dead?

I didn't say anything is necessary. But you just claimed that "Mandukya Upanishad" is "YOUR" scripture already.

Anyway, Sarvam Khalvidam does not mean its "only energy". That means All of everything, which includes everything. Energy, matter, etc etc. Everything.
'Physical energy' never dies (we have no example of it). It can change forms. What we do not know about is whether it has a quantum sort of phase of non-existence, that is arising out of 'absolute nothing' and dissolving back into 'absolute nothing'

Sure, Mandukya Upanishad is one of the most revered books in Hinduism. But your meaning of 'scripture' and mine are different. For you, it is something dictated by Allah. For me, it is a book of wisdom. Accepting the whole or a part of it is my choice. I do not believe that Vedas and Gita were spoken by any God. Only that these were written by wise people for our guidance.

Yeah, Mandukya said whatever exists is Brahman, without any exception (i.e., even Caliph Ibrahim and Osama bin Laden were nothing other than Brahman). In another book, it is written, 'Eko sad, dwiteeyo nasti; nasti, nasti, na nasti kinchana' (What exists is one, there is no second; (and to emphasize and make it clear) they added - no, no. no, not in the least).

firedragon

Veteran Member
'Physical energy' never dies (we have no example of it). It can change forms. What we do not know about is whether it has a quantum sort of phase of non-existence, that is arising out of 'absolute nothing' and dissolving back into 'absolute nothing'

Sure, Mandukya Upanishad is one of the most revered books in Hinduism. But your meaning of 'scripture' and mine are different. For you, it is something dictated by Allah. For me, it is a book of wisdom. Accepting the whole or a part of it is my choice. I do not believe that Vedas and Gita were spoken by any God. Only that these were written by wise people for our guidance.

Yeah, Mandukya said whatever exists is Brahman, without any exception (i.e., even Caliph Ibrahim and Osama bin Laden were nothing other than Brahman). In another book, it is written, 'Eko sad, dwiteeyo nasti; nasti, nasti, na nasti kinchana' (What exists is one, there is no second; (and to emphasize and make it clear) they added - no, no. no, not in the least).

So your religion is to pick and choose what you wish from where ever you wish. Nice. Good theology.

Hypocritical to question others who do better though. But its nice. Extremely dogmatic and fanatical, but sounds nice.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Consider this. I also believe that all of Hindu scripture were written by wise people. I have no doubt. No stupid idiot could come up with such great writing. I am no expert in Hindu scripture since its too big to be so, but I can say that surely they were written by great people. And you have all the right to pick what you think is suitable to you, but you should know that you should have a methodology for doing that. It should not a hypocritical line of thought. What is your criteria?

Mate. If you believe energy is Brahman, then just use the word energy, not brahman. You are still holding onto your roots though you want to be an atheist and insult religions to feel good. It's a trend. You could easily find some other avenue to feel good you see?

You believe energy is everliving, so you should never speak of the Big Bang in your entire life. Its hypocrisy, if you know the meaning of the word.

What you are doing is not leaving your religious roots, using Nirguna Brahman as your God, but justifying it based on a post hoc ergo propter hoc. You are a hard theist, not a hard atheist though you wish yourself to be.

Have at it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What is your criteria?

Mate. If you believe energy is Brahman, then just use the word energy, not brahman. You are still holding onto your roots though you want to be an atheist and insult religions to feel good. It's a trend. You could easily find some other avenue to feel good you see?

You believe energy is everliving, so you should never speak of the Big Bang in your entire life. Its hypocrisy, if you know the meaning of the word.

What you are doing is not leaving your religious roots, using Nirguna Brahman as your God, but justifying it based on a post hoc ergo propter hoc. You are a hard theist, not a hard atheist though you wish yourself to be.
Check with evidence, check with science.
My roots have formed my views. Why should I abandon them?
My knowledge presently starts from "inflation". I do not know if there was a bang and how loud was it. Science says it was a "hiss", rather than a bang.
I do not accept that Brahman is "nirguna". It has its properties. It is eternal, it is formless, it is changeless. It is not a God to take interest in worldly affairs. It does not demand or desire worship. Does not help or judge humans. Etc. It just is there.

firedragon

Veteran Member
My knowledge presently starts from "inflation". I do not know if there was a bang and how loud was it. Science says it was a "hiss", rather than a bang.

Knowledge?

You are contradicting science. Try not to speak of things you contradict by yourself.

I do not accept that Brahman is "nirguna". It has its properties. It is eternal, it is formless, it is changeless.

So speaking of science, could you give scientific evidence for this?

I have no "Theology". I am a strong atheist

Oh no. You are a very hard theist. You just dont wish to be as I explained because you want to have fun hypocritically mocking others so its convenience you are looking for.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Knowledge? You are contradicting science. Try not to speak of things you contradict by yourself.
So speaking of science, could you give scientific evidence for this?
Oh no. You are a very hard theist. You just dont wish to be as I explained because you want to have fun hypocritically mocking others.
Yeah, my knowledge. What I know, which is primarily based on science.
Have I contradicted science? Where?
There is ample evidence for what I say in journals and books.
How can I be a theist without believing in God/Gods/Goddessses?
I do not mock others, it is their own words and beliefs which stare at them.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yeah, my knowledge. What I know, which is primarily based on science.

So you have knowledge. Not a theory. You know for sure based on science about the inflation with out an idea if a Big Bang took place?

Thats not science. Thats a knowledge claim. One does not have to be a scientist to know how science works. Do a bit of research prior to making such facade claims about your own hyper religious views.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Baha'u'llah has left a prayer for us where this is the closing verse

“O Thou Who are the most manifest of the manifest and the most hidden of the hidden.”

Thus is a blog where it has been given some thought.

@74x12

Manifest Yet Hidden

Regards Tony
Your source claims that "it is abundantly clear that it is impossible for anyone to comprehend the Essence of God" and that god cannot be described or understood by anyone, regardless of how much we contemplate it.
And yet, the Baha'i faith relies fundamentally on comprehending, understanding and describing many aspects of god.

I mean, if it really is impossible to understand anything about god, then every claim about god by anyone claiming to have any understanding of god is obvious bull**** and should be dismissed as such.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You know for sure based on science about the inflation with out an idea if a Big Bang took place?
Thats not science. Thats a knowledge claim. One does not have to be a scientist to know how science works. Do a bit of research prior to making such facade claims about your own hyper religious views.
Science does not say anything about Bang at the moment (or what kind of Bang).
I am constantly following the progress of science.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Science does not say anything about Bang at the moment (or what kind of Bang).
I am constantly following the progress of science.

So please provide scientific evidence to your claim as I have asked. ;)

Your Statement : "I do not accept that Brahman is "nirguna". It has its properties. It is eternal, it is formless, it is changeless."

Provide scientific evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So please provide scientific evidence to your claim as I have asked. ;)

Your Statement : "I do not accept that Brahman is "nirguna". It has its properties. It is eternal, it is formless, it is changeless."

Provide scientific evidence.
You appear to be misusing a demand for evidence. There is no scientific evidence for religious beliefs. But religious claims are still subject to the laws of logic. That is why it is so easy to debunk failed prophets such as Ezekiel and prove at the same time that the Abrahamic God is evil.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You appear to be misusing a demand for evidence. There is no scientific evidence for religious beliefs. But religious claims are still subject to the laws of logic. That is why it is so easy to debunk failed prophets such as Ezekiel and prove at the same time that the Abrahamic God is evil.

But that is not evidence as per science. It is a form of reasoning that rests on that you accept the reasoning.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Is not 'physical energy' eternal, formless and changeless. Does it care about worldly things? Does it asks to be worshiped? Does it promises to give you heaven or send one to hell? The form and changes you perceive are only illusory.