• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I know which religion is right for me?

arthra

Baha'i
I ultimately want something that will bring me as close to G-d as possible, but it's hard to know which religion holds that path when both teach a lot of similar things (like to love your neighbor and help the poor). I believe that as long as you do good deeds while you're here on earth, you'll get a happy ending after you die, so that's not my problem. My problem is that I love the core principles and teachings of Judaism, but I also love Jesus and his teachings too. I can't have my cake and eat it too. I have to make a decision. But which one...?

I reached a place some years ago in my spiritual search when I decided I could not reject Moses, Jesus, Zoroaster, Krishna, Buddha and became a Baha'i adding the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

islam abduallah

I know everyone is probably beyond tired of hearing me talk about this, but I'm having doubts in my own beliefs again. I was doing well on my path to Judaism, but then something happened and now I'm at a cross road between Christianity and Judaism. Both religions seem so nice and peaceful, but which one is the one that is supposed to fit right for me? I ultimately want something that will bring me as close to G-d as possible, but it's hard to know which religion holds that path when both teach a lot of similar things (like to love your neighbor and help the poor). I believe that as long as you do good deeds while you're here on earth, you'll get a happy ending after you die, so that's not my problem. My problem is that I love the core principles and teachings of Judaism, but I also love Jesus and his teachings too. I can't have my cake and eat it too. I have to make a decision. But which one...?

I picked up a teen study bible from the library (I figure I'm still young enough to read one of those) and I'm hoping I'll have the patience to read through it. But I wanted to know from you guys if this is a good first step in my trying to find the path that is right for me?

i guess Islam fits you
i'm not saying that cuz i'm Muslim, but your post says you are a Muslim but you don't know that you are

try to read the quran, it's your solution