• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I deal with a Neo-Nazi?

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
There is a kid around my age who is a friend of mine on Facebook. He is a self-proclaimed neo-Nazi and white supremacist. Deep down, he's a good kid who just ended up on the wrong path. I've noticed it in him, but he hides it. And he won't let go of the ignorance of his beliefs. He truly believes that there are no intelligent "non-whites" in the entire world. Purely because he feels superior. I'm trying to get through to him before he totally ruins any chances of having a successful life, but it's not working. He used to be a regular teenager, but now all his Facebook statuses are hate-filled and he's always mad, but won't admit that it's because of his unnecessary hatred towards "non-Aryans." And, because of all his Nazi posting, I'm afraid that some people may see him on my friends list and judge me as they would judge him.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Education.

Tell him of the inventions of the past from different cultures, and how they have influenced the West, or not. For example Muslims' knowledge of various fields (algebra, alchemy, alcohol, etc. lol), and the Chinese made fireworks, gunpowder, paper, printing, silk, etc.

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
For the most part his peer group is other Neo-Nazis. And I tried educating him too, but he won't let go of his ignorance. I just deleted him from my Facebook, but it was really hard for me. I sent him a big message explaining why I did, and he understood and respected my decision. There's no hard feelings, and that's good, because I hope to be friends with him when (and if) if ever smartens up.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Education.

Tell him of the inventions of the past from different cultures, and how they have influenced the West, or not. For example Muslims' knowledge of various fields (algebra, alchemy, alcohol, etc. lol), and the Chinese made fireworks, gunpowder, paper, printing, silk, etc.
Or just strap him to a chair and make him watch a few hours of Neil deGrasse Tyson videos. :D

For the most part his peer group is other Neo-Nazis. And I tried educating him too, but he won't let go of his ignorance. I just deleted him from my Facebook, but it was really hard for me. I sent him a big message explaining why I did, and he understood and respected my decision. There's no hard feelings, and that's good, because I hope to be friends with him when (and if) if ever smartens up.
Understandable.

I've deleted acquaintances from my Facebook friend list because I didn't want to be seen as associated with them (though in these cases, their posts really ****** me off as well). I've never had to deal with a situation like this with anyone I'd consider a real friend, though.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I think this is for the best. Delusion is a fickle beast that one has to work through themselves. Attempts to educate may well backfire on you and make you the target. Better to just leave them to their own devices.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
FWIW, keep in mind that people don't generally make monumental changes to their worldview overnight. You may have planted a seed that will grow over time.

Do you know the kid in person? I think it's different being that he's underage.

When I first clicked this, I thought it might have been someone in your neighborhood or at your workplace. In which case, I'd say that you should have called the police.

evane123

There is a kid around my age who is a friend of mine on Facebook. He is a self-proclaimed neo-Nazi and white supremacist. Deep down, he's a good kid who just ended up on the wrong path. I've noticed it in him, but he hides it. And he won't let go of the ignorance of his beliefs. He truly believes that there are no intelligent "non-whites" in the entire world. Purely because he feels superior. I'm trying to get through to him before he totally ruins any chances of having a successful life, but it's not working. He used to be a regular teenager, but now all his Facebook statuses are hate-filled and he's always mad, but won't admit that it's because of his unnecessary hatred towards "non-Aryans." And, because of all his Nazi posting, I'm afraid that some people may see him on my friends list and judge me as they would judge him.
I think pride is a military stadegy to try to get people to feel better than others. I think there is patriotism,marines(the few, the proud, the marines), knowing that terrorist exist and that they are less when Christians have been attacking Muslims hundreds of years and people do not have direct evidence of who did the attacks, i think there are many more examples. I think pride causes many problems. I think pride is a manipulative tool to control people. I think if you gave this message to that kid that you might feel pride. I think things are made of dynamics. i think people should not think they are better than others because of there skin color. I think people do not grasp simple dynamics because of pride and shame usage. i think people were not given information about simple dynamics because they were white slaves. I think people think things have souls and other objects do not feel and do not deserve to be recognized to be part of the universes feeling. I think the horrible information was used to kill, enslave, control, and use. I think if you are worried about people thinking they are better than other dynamics that you should notice the electoral college of the united states government because i think they think they are superior to you. I think they take away your vote(i think you vote to have them take away your vote). I think there are problems with the issues you bring. I think dealing with the issue of pride and shame would help. I think the united states government will block you and continue to use pride and shame. I think the united states has long history of using and making slaves.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I think my head hurts after reading the last two posts.

Your friend is young and idealistic. All you can do is, as others have said, plant that seed of truth. If you interact with him in daily life, call his hand whenever he spouts of white separatist or supremist rhetoric. You simply cannot sit silently when someone is spreading that stuff.

Good luck.

Archer

@ Klaufi Wodensson

I think your friend may have some self confidence issues and as Pengo said he may grow out of it. All you can do is be supportive. Personally I think smacking him around a little could be a good thing. Smack him with reality.

Hell I know plenty of whites that are stoopid and most of the time people that form these groups are lemmings with self confidence issues that follow a charismatic person that has self confidence issues and is only charismatic to his followers.

Don't bother trying to show him that other races are good. Show him that his group is not as good as what they consider lower races.

Start with sports:) Where are your superior white athletes?
Politics:) Hey the white guys running the country are idiots.

He probably hates the president (I do but not because of his race) so point out that more whites than minorities (# not % of population) voted for him and those that voted against him only did because of his politics. The republicans would love to have a Black Republican president.

Let your friend know how alone he will be and how many opportunities he is missing out on. Black people are wonderful people, all people are as we are all Gods creation.

NeedingGnosisNow

super-human
tell him to look at what wikipedia says about the aryan race-The Aryan races, for instance, now varying from dark brown, almost black, red-brown-yellow, down to the whitest creamy colour, are yet all of one and the same stock - the Fifth Root-Race.