• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I buy a Satanic Bible without my parents knowing?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I don't want my parents to know I'm into Satanic Satanism. I really want to read the book, but I don't know where to get it besides off the internet but then my parents will find out. What should I do?

GabrielWithoutWings

I don't want my parents to know I'm into Satanic Satanism. I really want to read the book, but I don't know where to get it besides off the internet but then my parents will find out. What should I do?

Are you old enough to drive? Drive to a bookstore and buy one. Use cash.

Also, your use of 'Satanic Satanism' has been forwarded to the Department of Redundancy Department. It's just Satanism. ;)

Requia

1) Get a mail drop. This will cost money, but its the most secure, and you can get a PO box pretty much anywhere in the country. There's other options too (UPS Store has them I believe, Mail Boxes Etc comes to mind).

2) Find somebody nearby who will take delivery for you. A friend with parents that aren't around much or the like.

3) Do your parents seriously open packages addressed to you? Just order it and tell them its something else (hell, order two books, they'll probably use the same package and you can show them the copy of happy fluffy bunny world or whatever they won't find threatening.

4) Buy the ebook.

sentry

this is most unlike satan, he's always looking to lure people and you're a potential devotee seeking his attention.
For you, he should come over to your house and drop off the book himself.

I'm sorry but I think satan doesn't like you or satan's become a slacker :shrug:

blackout

Violet.
Choose it ('Modern Satanism, Myth and Fact', something like that)
as a research topic for a paper at school.

Tell your parents you need it to do your paper.

It will even be true.

Erebus

If your school will allow it, go with UV's suggestion. Otherwise you could order it at a friends house and have it delivered there. You could also order it off Amazon (the books arrive wrapped in cardboard) tell your parents you ordered a novel for a friend and open it in your room.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Another possibility is the 600 club reading room.. You are allowed to keep digital copies if you own the real one, but you can technically 'read anything' and throw it out aka as a library book this is within the bounds of fair use. Avon press has not been enforcing the copyright on any internet sites for whatever reason so this arguably puts them in danger of losing the copyright (for internet copies) by default. Copyright requires enforcement to maintain and they have not as a rule been enforcing it. That link I posted has been live for years, and that's a top rated Satanism site.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
If you are going to go down that road try honesty.

I gave two options, and I think both are appropriate. D/L and read it if your parents are going to kick you out of the house or cause you undo pain and suffering. First, it's not that big a deal that your relationship with the parents should be altered. Next, I told him if he wants to keep it he needs to buy one but that doesn't necessarily mean he has to take it out of the box just has to 'own' it. That means he could 'own' it in a box at his buddies house, or whatever keeps him out of trouble (it is nominally priced). Personally, I bought mine at a normal walk in bookstore with my mother present when I was about sixteen. She knew I was into odd spiritual things, and mysticism so it didn't alarm her very much but also she knew I'd let her read it if she was worried anyway.

I realize that having a normal Satanic Bible sitting in your bedroom as a teenager may not exactly be the smartest choice if your parents ransack your room and they are not religiously tolerant. It's much more 'safe' to have it on your person on a usb key or something of that sort even possibly encrypting the key as well. I think LaVey would forgive you if you bought it much later in your life when you wouldn't get in trouble with anyone. At least, I will.

Mind you, he hasn't decided to become a Satanist he merely desires to read on it. Nothing to talk about yet in that case.. There is no honesty required if he is.. some people cannot handle the truth without making your life inconvenient and they need to be deceived for their own and your own safety. Deciding to become a Satanist is as against the grain as you possibly can be religiously, and people will give you crap for it especially if you are south of the mason-dixon line. Telling your orthodox Christian parents you are converting to Satanism generally causes them to become constant pains in your backside. My parents know, but my in-laws do not. They are born-again nut-jobbers who would be knocking on my door at 2 am to preach to me if I did. You need to make these sorts of decisions for yourself based on your situations.

Last edited:

astarath

Ultimately they need to accept each man's fate is his own. I am one of those nut jobbers you are referring to but honesty is still the key.

Orias

Left Hand Path

Research :D

If you know the basis of Satanism, like 11 Satanic rules of the Earth, or the 9 Satanic Statements, or the Satanic sins, you should be able to rationally explain that Satanism is not what they think it is.

You'd be better off being honest with them, Satanism isn't something for everyone, nor do I think it is something that should be hidden from the immediate or close people around you.

Last edited:
peek around in book stores , but you living in an enviroment , that is not yours you better keep it well hidden , and really you cant , living in their house you are subject to their conciltation , and their pretty good - nosie - lots -too . My satanic bible almost burned up in the fire we had, it still has smoke sreaks on it , you might want to keep it hidden outside , in some zip lock bags. you could hide it in the vaccume cleaner bag catch .. : ) haa