• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do hindu groups consider Sri chaytania mahaprabu? What is the différence ?

AL2020

Universale communication
Hi

How doh groups consider Sri chaytania mahaprabu? What is the différences?

Last edited:

AL2020

Universale communication

Iskon dévot krishna are well known to follow Krishna chaytanya

Shri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
(IAST: Śrī Kṛṣṇa Caitanya Mahāprabhu), honorific: "Mahāprabhu" ("Great Lord"), (18 February 1486 – 14 June 1533), was an Indian guru considered by his followers to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the chief proponent of the Achintya Bheda Abheda (Inconceivable Difference/One-ness) Vedanta school and the Gaudiya Vaishnavism tradition within Hinduism. He also expounded the Vaishnava school of Bhakti yoga (meaning loving devotion to God), based on Bhagavata Purana and Bhagavad Gita.[2] Of various forms and direct or indirect expansions of Krishna such as Lord Narasimha (Man-Lion; Krishna in mood of anger), Mahavishnu and Garbhodaksayi Vishnu respectively, he is believed to be Krishna in the mood of Radha.[3][4] He popularised the chanting of the 'Hare Krishna mantra'[5] and composed the Siksastakam (eight devotional prayers) in Sanskrit. His followers, Gaudiya Vaishnavas, revere him as a Krishna with the mood and complexion of his source of inspiration Radha.[6] His birthday is celebrated as Gaura-purnima.[7][8]

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
For the vast vast majority, I respect other sampradayas, and their founders. I believe the vast majority of Hindus do the same. We accept that there will be differences, based on geography, philosophy, the individual insights of the founder, and the experiences of the adherents over the years. Some have heavier focus in scripture, some on doctrine, some on bhakti, etc.

The only time anyone has a problem, really, is when one group proposes that it is better than, or holds the real truth. Then an individual group gets sort of mildly ostracised or looked down upon for their demonstration of that un-Hindu behaviour. It's not some competition.

AL2020

Universale communication
Yes but how do Sri shaytania is considered
in India. Majority of indian know him or only in Bengal?

How vishnu groups see him?
How shiva groups see him?
Etc....

I think particurality of dévot krishna vayshnava iskon is to see him as an avatara of Krishna. He s Krishna i think for them? Maybe

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

How shiva groups see him?
Etc....

I think particurality of dévot krishna vayshnava iskon is to see him as an avatara of Krishna. He s Krishna i think for them? Maybe

Lots of folks wouldn't know of him, and just because you know of someone by no means would you pass judgment. Most folks don't have time to look at other sects to pass judgment. Sampradaya is the tradition of sticking to one school, by listening to the living master of that tradition. It's loving, but not universalistic in nature. So it is irrelevant. Whatever the modern day versions think of him is fine. ISKCON is only one such version, and I don't know enough to comment.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

How shiva groups see him? Etc....

Basic rule in Hinduism: No Disrespect to schools differing in view from yours, and no disrespect to their founders. Never. What to talk of Chaitanya, I do not disrespect even Tantrics and Aghoras. They have their philosophy. If one does not know about that, I can give the links. Therefore to distort his name to 'Shaytania' is nothing other than being intentionally uncivil.

Chaitanya is a valid Acharya (teacher) and Hare-Krishnas have a valid Hindu philosophy worthy of respect. It is a different thing that my philosophy is quite different from theirs.

The uneducated Indians may not know Chaitanya by name but no Hindu will have a problem with his Krishna bhakti. As for being an 'avatara', he is considered one by some people. Sankara also is considered an avatara of Lord Shiva by some. That is personal belief. It does not require endorsement by all Hindus.

As for his philosophy, it is very simple. He says that one would not know the all secrets of God so why worry about that (He sees Krishna as his God). Just worship him. That is "Acintya Bheda-Abheda" (inconceivable difference and non-difference). Try, you will not be able to conceive it. Others may have different philosophies.

For Vaishnavas from other schools, he is a fellow traveler. For Shaiva groups he is an Acharya of a Vaishnava group. I see no problem there.

Last edited:

AL2020

Universale communication
Ok thanks you

For me ch or sh it s same
I dont know sanscrit

Have you seen the link about Adil shankara is describ as a false vedic send to put bouddhism out if india by bengali vaishnava ?

AL2020

Universale communication
For Vaishnavas from other schools, he is a fellow traveler. For Shaiva groups he is an Acharya of a Vaishnava group. I see no problem there

What is vaishnavas of other group see him as a fellow traveller ?

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Ok thanks you

For me ch or sh it s same
I dont know sanscrit

Have you seen the link about Adil shankara is describ as a false vedic send to put bouddhism out if india by bengali vaishnava ?

Can't speak for all Gaudiya Vaishnavas (I'm a convert) but Hare Krishnas as an institution like to demonize philosophies that don't go with theirs, effectively claiming only they had the "one true religion" and all the others were wrong. They particularly dislike Adi Shankara because the philosophy he taught (Advaita Vedanta, merging with Brahman) is the total opposite of what they teach (you can't merge with Krishna, only become his servant.)

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
As for Buddha, Hare Krishnas believe that he came to end animal slaughter, but that otherwise he taught "sub-religious" standards because he didn't teach about the devotion to a God. For Hare Krishnas, the only acceptable form of religion is "being a servant of God", and ideally, this God should be Krishna only.