• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do Creationist Explain This?

May I assume you are a creationist and therefore do not believe in evolution?

I believe in MICRO evolution, not macro.

So, small changes WITHIN a kind, but no big changes where it goes from one kind to another.

So, elephants dont turn to lions. Lol

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.

So, small changes WITHIN a kind, but no big changes where it goes from one kind to another.

I am familiar with the argument, it was common a few hundred years ago. The idea of "special acts of creation" as Darwin called them, but then how do you explain the presence of natural selection in the video?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am familiar with the argument, it was common a few hundred years ago. The idea of "special acts of creation" as Darwin called them, but then how do you explain the presence of natural selection in the video?
Creationists tend not to understand what macroevolution is and that It has been directly observed.

Well, i believe natural selection happens. Natural selection is merely the most strong or fit for a given environment survive. Nature selects them to remain alive and selects OUT the weaker.

I seen a animal show one time. The lions wer hunting the goats. But, they could not catch the young goats, it was too much of a challenge. But, the weak old goat, the lion cought it and killed it.

Then the voice in the show says "the weak must die so the strong can survive".

Also, if i may add, the lions wer still lions and the goats wer still goats, despite one goat being selected out and the rest selected in.

youknowme

Well, i believe natural selection happens. Natural selection is merely the most strong or fit for a given environment survive. Nature selects them to remain alive and selects OUT the weaker.

I seen a animal show one time. The lions wer hunting the goats. But, they could not catch the young goats, it was too much of a challenge. But, the weak old goat, the lion cought it and killed it.

Then the voice in the show says "the weak must die so the strong can survive".

Also, if i may add, the lions wer still lions and the goats wer still goats, despite one goat being selected out and the rest selected in.

Natural selection will preserve favorable variations while removing unfavorable variations. If this is true, then over time small changes will accumulate into large changes.

youknowme

If we admit that variation occurs and that natural selection will preserve select variations, then what is to stop small changes over time accumulating into a large change?

Natural selection will preserve favorable variations while removing unfavorable variations. If this is true, then over time small changes will accumulate into large changes.

So it may seam. But, we need to take into account the other part of the puzzle.....DNA (information blueprints).

We can only adapt and keep adapting to a limited point by what are DNA info allows.

The only way this aventual large change could happen is if the blueprints got rewritten.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And of course natural selection is only half of the picture. Variation is very important too. Creationists like to claim that the needed genes already existed. If that was the case we would not see the stalling that Can be seen at boundaries. Nor would breakouts of occur at points. There might be slowing at the borders, but since the genes were supposedly there already we would see a uniform slowing, and a uniform advance.

youknowme

So it may seam. But, we need to take into account the other part of the puzzle.....DNA (information blueprints).

We can only adapt and keep adapting to a limited point by what are DNA info allows.

The only way this aventual karge change could happen is if the blueprints got rewritten.

The possible combinations of genetic code in even the simplest of lifeforms is mind boggling huge, and that does not even taken into account how the code is read, considering context matters to interpretation.

The possible combinations of genetic code in even the simplest of lifeforms is mind boggling huge, and that does not even taken into account how the code is read, considering context matters to interpretation.

Break that down more along with a added illustration for me. Ill read your response tomorow and respond, for now i got to go to bed.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Microevolution can't explain how them 10,000 types of animals filling up Noah's Ark ended up as millions of species. ...:D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why not reccomend yourself to explain it since you understand so well? :)
Did you ever hear of the Non Sequitur Show?

Even I found out just how ignorant I was on evolution myself until I came across this Aron Ra and Kent Hovind debate. I came away a hell of a lot more knowledgeable of evolution than I ever was prior to viewing the debate and was wholly impressed and floored with Aron Ra's ability to articulate evolution to lay people in a way that is understandable. I am in utter amazement by just how well this man can teach and be interesting at the same time. I've learned more about Evolution from him than I ever learned in school.

Aside from the obvious entertainment this brings with the exchanges between Aaron Ra and Kent Hovind, Aaron explains evolution in such a way here that if anyone watching and listening to this dosent walk away with a better understanding of what evolution is and how it works at the conclusion, oh woe is ye!!

The debate is 2 hours long, so fire up the popcorn if you want to learn a little bit about evolution while listening to the loonyness of Hovind ramblings.