• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do Christian's explain

Terry Sampson

God can do whatever he chooses with His creation, that is why He is God. You have no idea of the mechanism He used to have the virgin Mary become the mother of the Christ, you aren´t God. Who cares what the Muslims believe ? There are native peoples on islands who belong to the cargo cult that believes American GI´s in WW2 were demi gods, I don´t care what they believe either.

You need to get a grip and read my post again. I never said God can't do what he chooses to do. I was just pointing out to Riders that Muslims are not in a position to declare themselves beyond theological reproach.

Who is Riders, you ask? She's the kid who started this thread with her question "How do Christians explain" and then tried to justify her inane argument by citing a Krishna devotee and a Muslim "to prove" that the Incarnation is/was only a myth.

"Who cares what the Muslims believe?" Apparently, Riders (who started this thread) cares, otherwise she wouldn't have dared to cite a Muslim's opinion in her "proof" that the Incarnation is/was only a myth. I care only because their polemics against Christians (and Jews) amuse me.

FYI, you wanna know what I believe? Read the Apostle's Creed sometime. That'll tell you what I believe.
If you don't wanna know what I believe, then buzz off.
Wanna compete over somethin'? Let's race and see who can get to their "ignore" button first.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The Messiah was to bring peace to the entire world,
Then why has that not happened?
The NT explains what Christianity is to be exactly. It is not my problem if others do not follow the blueprint.
They do, they just don't follow what you think it says, just as you don't follow what they think it says. 2000 years later, no one has really solved that dilemma. A lot of truly because of inconsistencies in the Bible, poor translations, and because of the injection of Paganism into Christian mythology.
You and I disagree regarding your diatribe re paganism.
Then why do Catholics have patron Saints and decided to plot their holidays around the same time as Pagan holidays?

shmogie

You need to get a grip and read my post again. I never said God can't do what he chooses to do. I was just pointing out to Riders that Muslims are not in a position to declare themselves beyond theological reproach.

Who is Riders, you ask? She's the kid who started this thread with her question "How do Christians explain" and then tried to justify her inane argument by citing a Krishna devotee and a Muslim "to prove" that the Incarnation is/was only a myth.

"Who cares what the Muslims believe?" Apparently, Riders (who started this thread) cares, otherwise she wouldn't have dared to cite a Muslim's opinion in her "proof" that the Incarnation is/was only a myth. I care only because their polemics against Christians (and Jews) amuse me.

FYI, you wanna know what I believe? Read the Apostle's Creed sometime. That'll tell you what I believe.
Wanna compete over somethin'? Let's race and see who can get to their "ignore" button first.
The Apostles creed is great. Don´t be so sensitive.

I can make a statement like ´ you can get a good deal at Cal Worthingtons Dodge¨ the you means anyone.

Sorry if you were offended. I think I will buzz off now.

shmogie

Then why has that not happened?

They do, they just don't follow what you think it says, just as you don't follow what they think it says. 2000 years later, no one has really solved that dilemma. A lot of truly because of inconsistencies in the Bible, poor translations, and because of the injection of Paganism into Christian mythology.

Then why do Catholics have patron Saints and decided to plot their holidays around the same time as Pagan holidays?
Catholics depend heavily on tradition. Most of it isn´t Biblical.

Riders

It doesn't really matter if The Muslims and Hate Krishna's came after Jesus. They still have been around for ages and have alot of authority in religion and I still say it is proof Jesus was just a man.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Unless you're Jewish,

Well Jesus was a Jew. His Mother Mary was of the Tribe of Levi which are the designated as the priestly class.

So while Christian's are not specifically practicing Judaism we can and do follow many Jewish traditions and laws. Personally I love many old Jewish traditions/recipes/rituals. For instance I celebrate Passover, not Easter.

Faithofchristian

I went to Hare Krishna temple in Dallas 10 years ago the teacher told me this when I said something the Christian church.

He said the Hare Krishna have also always believed in Jesus sense way back. But they don"t believe he's a God man but good prophet ..

My Muslim friend told me the same thing Muslins sense way have always taught about Christ but Christian's don"t know who he is.

To me sense other religions have taught Christ was a prophet sense way back to me it's proof that the God man belief in the Bible was a myth.

How do you explain other religions teaching this especially if it goes back to days in early Christianity?

Christianity goes back to the time of Jesus Christ and his disciples. Therefore Christianity is the oldest Religion there is. In believing in Christ Jesus is God in flesh and blood..

Faithofchristian

Well Jesus was a Jew. His Mother Mary was of the Tribe of Levi which are the designated as the priestly class.

So while Christian's are not specifically practicing Judaism we can and do follow many Jewish traditions and laws. Personally I love many old Jewish traditions/recipes/rituals. For instance I celebrate Passover, not Easter.

Christians broke away from Judaism. When the 10 tribes of Israel went over the Caucasus mountains. And settled what is now called the European countries. And then some of those 10 tribes of Israel came across the Atlantic ocean and settled in what is now called the United States.
If people understood what the Bible teaches it's not that hard to figure that out.
I'm of the tribe of Asher of the 10 tribes of Israel.i am also Christian and a follower of Jesus Christ.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Christians broke away from Judaism. When the 10 tribes of Israel went over the Caucasus mountains. And settled what is now called the European countries. And then some of those 10 tribes of Israel came across the Atlantic ocean and settled in what is now called the United States.
If people understood what the Bible teaches it's not that hard to figure that out.

Sure, but the Jews are our brothers/sisters. I see more similarities than diferences.

Riders

I"m not a kid I am 52. I realize I come off as inmature. But I still love the fact you called me a kid thanks!

Enoch07

Premium Member
Ok, but in what way does Jews become your brother and sister? What's the connection?

Many different connections. The obvious is we are all God's children, so that makes us all brother and sisters through the Lord.

But as far as Biblical goes, and more specifically the NT.

Matthew 12:50 kjv

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Israel and her people have served the will of the Lord for many millennia.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Christianity goes back to the time of Jesus Christ and his disciples. Therefore Christianity is the oldest Religion there is. In believing in Christ Jesus is God in flesh and blood..
Umm religion predates Jesus by a considerable margin. Besides, isn’t Christianity technically a split from the much older Jewish religion?

amorphous_constellation

To me sense other religions have taught Christ was a prophet sense way back to me it's proof that the God man belief in the Bible was a myth.

Well you can go to new england and great britain and find two different versions of the same folk tale or folk song, the splitting point can indicate how different geographies or cultures evolve out the seed of an idea

Faithofchristian

Many different connections. The obvious is we are all God's children, so that makes us all brother and sisters through the Lord.

But as far as Biblical goes, and more specifically the NT.

Matthew 12:50 kjv

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Israel and her people have served the will of the Lord for many millennia.

You didn't answer the question. In what way is Israel and Christians connected.

The answer to this is found within the context of the bible.

Faithofchristian

Umm religion predates Jesus by a considerable margin. Besides, isn’t Christianity technically a split from the much older Jewish religion?

Yes you could say that. Seeing the first Christians were Jews of Israel. So technically yes
Seeing I am Christians but yet of the 10 tribes of Israel. The tribe of Asher..

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I went to Hare Krishna temple in Dallas 10 years ago the teacher told me this when I said something the Christian church.

He said the Hare Krishna have also always believed in Jesus sense way back. But they don"t believe he's a God man but good prophet ..

My Muslim friend told me the same thing Muslins sense way have always taught about Christ but Christian's don"t know who he is.

How do you explain other religions teaching this especially if it goes back to days in early Christianity?

Hello. Yes Baha’is too are also taught that Jesus was a Manifestation of God, a reflection of God, a Prophet, but not the essence of God incarnate. His relationship with God was very close but Jesus said that ‘My Father is greater than I’ indicative of separate identities. In purpose He also said ‘My Father and are one’ but also stated that His followers could be one with both Him and the Father indicating in harmony not the same person. In another passage Jesus said, referring to Himself that no Prophet is persecuted as much as in His own hometown. He Himself referred to Himself as Prophet as well as the title Son of God but He said that we too could all become sons of God indicating again it was a title not that we all are physical sons of God.

Hare Krishnas and Muslims have a good understanding of Jesus. Christians out of love for Him sometimes do elevate Him to the status of God which Jesus denies saying ‘there is none good but 9ne, that is God’.

If you know you’re Bible you know the quotes I’m referring to. I don’t have the time to look them all up.

lukethethird

unknown member
How do Christian's explain
Christians don't have to explain anything, we know all about Christians and their persecution complex.

Last edited: