• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do Baha'i view God?

BruceDLimber

God is One, the Creator, All-loving, All-powerful, All-merciful, and many other positive attributes!

If you examine Baha'i prayers at a site like www.bahai-library.org, you'll find many other positive attributes attributed to Him.

Best! :)

Bruce

Sen McGlinn

I was wondering how Baha'i view God.

By wearing special safety glasses. :cool:

I that a flying spaghetti monster in your avatar? Cool

One indication of how Bahais view God appears in this passage from Shoghi Effendi, the late Guardian (official doctrinal interpreter) of the Bahai Faith:

The human temple that has been made the vehicle of so overpowering a Revelation must, if we be faithful to the tenets of our Faith, ever remain entirely distinguished from that "innermost Spirit of Spirits" and "eternal Essence of Essences" -- that invisible yet rational God Who, however much we extol the divinity of His Manifestations on earth, can in no wise incarnate His infinite, His unknowable, His incorruptible and all-embracing Reality in the concrete and limited frame of a mortal being. Indeed, the God Who could so incarnate His own reality would, in the light of the teachings of Bahá'u'lláh, cease immediately to be God. So crude and fantastic a theory of Divine incarnation is as removed from, and incompatible with, the essentials of Bahá'í belief as are the no less inadmissible pantheistic and anthropomorphic conceptions of God -- 113 both of which the utterances of Bahá'u'lláh emphatically repudiate and the fallacy of which they expose.

(Shoghi Effendi, The World Order of Baha'u'llah, p. 112)

my paraphrase: on the one hand we see God as manifest in history, in the persons of Baha'u'llah, the Bab, Muhammad, Jesus etc... back to the beginning. On the other hand, they are not God, but Manifestations of the Will of God.