• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your god/s create the earth?

whirlingmerc

Jesus created it with his little fingers and the world was made from through to by and for Jesus Christ
see Psalm 102 "the prayer of the aflicted when he pours out his complaint to God'

godnotgod

Thou art That
No one knows the SOURCE...

.... Mahamaya or Prakriti which is the dynamic energy changes and shapes the cosmos and everything within it.

Does the dynamic energy shape the cosmos from within, or from the outside? If from within, then that dynamic energy, the Source, also would manifest you and I from within. IOW, the Source is inside all things, which unfolded from the inside out, a scenario which would seem to be in accord with the BB theory. Is this a logical thread based upon what you said, or not?

Last edited:
It tells you in the first pages of the bible 4000yrs ago. If you want, look at the ancient astronaut theist on that Scientology or just change up your story every time Dawkins gets word to change his mind for the free thinking Athiests

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Yes, of course. Duh! How could I have forgotten!?. He was called 'Ceiling Cat' in those days, the certified authentic and original account of His Creation of The World having recently been discovered in Persia of some very ancient manuscripts, rendering null and void all subsequent accounts.....

Cieling_cat_creates.jpg

Genesis 1
Old Testament

Boreded Ceiling Cat makinkgz Urf n stuffs

1Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.

2Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz.

3At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.4An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.5An Ceiling Cat sayed light Day An dark no Day. It were FURST!!!1

6An Ceiling Cat sayed, im in ur waterz makin a ceiling. But he no yet make a urth. An he maded a hole in teh Ceiling.7An Ceiling Cat doed teh skiez with waterz down An waterz up. It happen.8An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has teh firmmint wich iz funny bibel naim 4 ceiling, so wuz teh twoth day.

9An Ceiling Cat gotted all teh waterz in ur base, An Ceiling Cat hadz dry placez cuz kittehs DO NOT WANT get wet.10An Ceiling Cat called no waterz urth and waters oshun. Iz good.

11An Ceiling Cat sayed, DO WANT grass! so tehr wuz seedz An stufs, An fruitzors An vegbatels. An a Corm. It happen.12An Ceiling Cat sawed that weedz ish good, so, letz there be weedz.13An so teh threeth day jazzhands.

14An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has lightz in the skiez for splittin day An no day.15It happen, lights everwear, like christmass, srsly.16An Ceiling Cat doeth two grate lightz, teh most big for day, teh other for no day.17An Ceiling Cat screw tehm on skiez, with big nails An stuff, to lite teh Urfs.18An tehy rulez day An night. Ceiling Cat sawed. Iz good.19An so teh furth day w00t.

20An Ceiling Cat sayed, waterz bring me phishes, An burds, so kittehs can eat dem. But Ceiling Cat no eated dem.21An Ceiling Cat maed big fishies An see monstrs, which wuz like big cows, except they no mood, An other stuffs dat mooves, An Ceiling Cat sawed iz good.22An Ceiling Cat sed O hai, make bebehs kthx. An dont worry i wont watch u secksy, i not that kynd uf kitteh.23An so teh...fith day. Ceiling Cat taek a wile 2 cawnt.

24An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has MOAR living stuff, mooes, An creepie tings, An otehr aminals. It happen so tehre.25An Ceiling Cat doed moar living stuff, mooes, An creepies, An otehr animuls, An did not eated tehm.

26An Ceiling Cat sayed, letz us do peeps like uz, becuz we ish teh qte, An let min p0wnz0r becuz tehy has can openers.

27So Ceiling Cat createded teh peeps taht waz like him, can has can openers he maed tehm, min An womin wuz maeded, but he did not eated tehm.

28An Ceiling Cat sed them O hai maek bebehs kthx, An p0wn teh waterz, no waterz An teh firmmint, An evry stufs.

29An Ceiling Cat sayed, Beholdt, the Urfs, I has it, An I has not eated it.30For evry createded stufs tehre are the fuudz, to the burdies, teh creepiez, An teh mooes, so tehre. It happen. Iz good.

31An Ceiling Cat sayed, Beholdt, teh good enouf for releaze as version 0.8a. kthxbai.

Newly translated copies of the rest of the manuscripts can be found here:

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Genesis_1&
The felinization of god instead of the anthropomorphization of god! :D

godnotgod

Thou art That
The felinization of god instead of the anthropomorphization of god! :D

Woof!

"In the Beginning was the Meow, and the Meow became Fur, and the Fur Purred with Celestial Delight and Earthly Pleasures as One"

Such was The Supreme and Perfect Happiness in the days of Yore. But then, something went terribly, terribly wrong.

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

The New Testament says God made the universe as the work of his little fingers bit
salvation is usually in terms of his strong right arm

The world was also made from, through, to and FOR Jesus Christ, according to the epistles

godnotgod

Thou art That
The New Testament says God made the universe as the work of his little fingers bit
salvation is usually in terms of his strong right arm

The world was also made from, through, to and FOR Jesus Christ, according to the epistles

Ooooooh! Most impressive!

The authors were perhaps guilty of just the slightest bit of self-indulgence, exaggeration, and chicanery.:D:eek:

(besides, the Ceiling Cat codices are much earlier)

041.jpg

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

God made the universe expressing His will, saying 'let there be' 6 times (as far as making starts, sun, moon, light, animals, fish, birds ) but saying 'let us make' and 'in our image' when it came to the creation of man (and woman)

godnotgod

Thou art That
God made the universe expressing His will, saying 'let there be' 6 times (as far as making starts, sun, moon, light, animals, fish, birds ) but saying 'let us make' and 'in our image' when it came to the creation of man (and woman)

Ah, yes! God the 'Maker' of all 'things'. Unfortunately, early man had no understanding of evolutionary forces as we do today. Man 'made' things, such as clay pots, and so he projected the image of God as the supreme 'Maker' of all things; as The Potter, and man as the clay. IOW, early man saw God as he saw himself, only on a much grander scale, and with powers he lacked. He could make things out of wood, but he could not 'make' a tree. So there must be a 'Big Man' who could make things he could not. So, instead of seeing the world as a result of evolution, both cosmic and biological, he saw it as an ARTEFACT, a made 'thing'. This, in fact, is known as The Ceramic Model of the Universe. Man did not understand that the world was not made, but instead was GROWN. Artefacts are dead 'things'; the Universe is neither dead nor a thing; is alive and dynamic, and many say that it is even Conscious in every respect. That the Universe is a 'thing' is an error of the mind, which is always seeking a way to make Reality fit its conceptual frameworks. For example, without thinking, we think of a whirlpool as a thing, but it is not a thing at all. It is an action, which is whirling water. There is no such thing as a 'whirlpool'. Likewise for a wave on the ocean: it is an action; a 'waving', if you will. Once the action stops, what we call 'whirlpool' and 'wave', cease to exist. We also say: 'It is raining', when the reality is that there is no such 'It' that rains; there is simply the action of raining. We also tend to think of, for example, a tree being 'made' of wood, but trees are not 'made' of wood; they ARE wood. The entire Universe is not made up of 'things'; of artefacts; it is in constant flux, as we now know via Quantum Physics, and all such 'things' are completely interdependent and interconnected with all other 'things', rendering 'things' as 'no-things'. Then Holy Science came along, and inherited the notion of The Laws from Judeo-Christian doctrine, but simply eliminated the Law Maker. Science did not need a God to explain the Universe, which is now seen as fully automatic, yes The Fully Automatic Model of the Universe. Both of these models are flawed, but there is a third model, The Organic Model of The Universe, taken from the Chinese.

https://truthaparadox.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/three-models-of-the-universe/

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In my weirdo way of looking at so-called "creation", creation is still happening, right now... in this moment... in this moment... in this moment....
"Creation" is not something that "happened", it is an event that is endlessly happening. Change never ceases... nor should it...
Reality is byproduct of change morphing through multitudinous probabilities. There are no guarantees and there is no "end point".

It's all happening, right here, right now.

godnotgod

Thou art That
In my weirdo way of looking at so-called "creation", creation is still happening, right now... in this moment... in this moment... in this moment....
"Creation" is not something that "happened", it is an event that is endlessly happening. Change never ceases... nor should it...
Reality is byproduct of change morphing through multitudinous probabilities. There are no guarantees and there is no "end point".

It's all happening, right here, right now.

I disagree.

Nothing is ever 'created' or destroyed. It only seems that way from the POV of perceptual reality. From the POV of Ultimate Reality, this effervescent 'material' world is illusion, and now, Quantum Mechanics has determined that ALL of the mass of the atom is totally VIRTUAL in nature, being constantly 'created' via fluctuations in the Quantum and Higgs Fields.

There is no linear progression of creation in time, as 'in this moment... in this moment... in this moment....': 'this moment' is completely still, the background against which all 'change' seemingly occurs. What we see as 'change' is completely illusory, but it is illusion on a higher level of consciousness than the illusions we all know and love. The only true Reality is the changeless background against what we only perceive as 'change'.

So if someone is going to argue that the changing world is reality, then they must explain what exactly it is that is changing, in light of recent findings in Quantum Physics, ie, that all 'material 'reality is virtual.

I prefer the word 'manifested' to describe what we see as material reality, instead of 'creation'.

1st observer: 'the flag is moving'
2nd observer: 'the wind is moving'
3rd observer: 'both flag and wind are moving'
passerby: 'all wrong! your MINDS are moving!'

Zen source

'from Brilliancy I came;
to Brilliancy I return.
What, then, is all of this?'*

Zen monk

*Even the monk's coming and going are illusory.

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
You were on a roll with the other fellow. Very funny stuff.

That said, having you disagree is almost like a feather in my cap. I'd be worried if you agreed, LOL.

However, while I disagree, I understand your position. It just needed a little expansion and clarification, so maybe 'disagree' is not quite the right word. The other guy, however, is completely lost in indoctrination.

whirlingmerc

Ps 65:8 so that those who dwell at the ends of the earth are in awe at your signs.
You make the going out of the morning and the evening to shout for joy.

God did NOT make the earth because he was lonely or in need
'It is no defect of a great fountain that it sometimes overflows' Jonathan Edwards

The world was made good but the good design is broken and we are made to thirst for God
We can stand on a mountain or look into the Grand Canyan and feel small but good. We are made to be in awe of Him We are made to to happiest when in HIm and we are happiest when we glorify Him best

Last edited:

godnotgod

Thou art That
God did NOT make the earth because he was lonely or in need

The Earth was not 'made' by anyone. There is nothing to 'make', as Quantum Physics has shown all 'material' reality to be virtual in nature. IOW, material reality is an illusion, known as maya, pointed out by the Hindus for centuries. Science has an enormous volume of evidence showing how the Earth evolved geologically and biologically. The Genesis account is in contradiction to the scientific account.

Everything we now know about the Universe points to an evolutionary process, and not to a manufacturing process; to the organic nature of things, and not to artefact. The Universe is not a machine composed of parts that was made, as a potter 'makes' a pot; it is living, dynamic, cyclical, and conscious.

We are made to be in awe of Him We are made to to happiest when in HIm and we are happiest when we glorify Him best.

You are here egoically projecting and anthropomorphizing a patriarchal Jewish image of God onto Reality:

1. APPARENT LOVE OF OTHERS BY PROJECTION OF THE EGO

(ONE OF THE THE FIVE EGOTISTICAL STATES FROM PSYCHOLOGY):

This is idolatrous love, in which the ego is projected onto another
being. The pretension to divinity as 'distinct' has left my organism and is now
fixed onto the organism of the other. The affective situation resembles that
above, with the difference that the other has taken my place in my scale of
values. I desire the existence of the other-idol, and am against everything that
is opposed to them. I no longer love my own organism except in so far as it is
the faithful servant of the idol; apart from that I have no further sentiments
towards my organism, I am indifferent to it, and, if necessary, I can give my
life for the safety of my idol (I can sacrifice my organism to my Ego fixed on
the idol; like Empedocles throwing himself down the crater of Etna in order
to immortalise his Ego). As for the rest of the world, I hate it if it is hostile to
my idol; if it is not hostile and if my contemplation of the idol fills me with
joy (that is to say, with egotistical affirmation), I love indiscriminately all the
rest of the world. If the idolised being rejects me to the point of forbidding
me all possession of my Ego in them, the apparent love can be turned to hate.

from: Zen and the Psychology of Transformation, by Hubert Benoit

It is not possible to 'glorify' That which is already Perfectly Glorious and complete in every way. What are you trying to add which isn't already present? It's just an egoic exercise in futility.

Last edited: