• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Did the Universe Come to Be?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
In your understanding, how did the universe come to be?

Was it created*? If so, by what?

If you don't think it was created, how did universe come to be as we experience it?

*For the purpose of this thread, we will define 'create' as 'to bring into existence.' Also, let's please not jump to the conclusion that 'creating' automatically assumes intelligence.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

If you don't think it was created, how did universe come to be as we experience it?

*For the purpose of this thread, we will define 'create' as 'to bring into existence.' Also, let's please not jump to the conclusion that 'creating' automatically assumes intelligence.

The one who come up with a valid answer to that will no doubt receive a Nobel prize?

I have heard several hypothesis, all valid and possible, none of which are likely to progress to anything more than an idea.

So can i ask, do you mean the universe we inhabit, that which began 13.8 (ish) billion years ago, or the possible whole general mish-mash (assuming a multiverse)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don't know.
I think, ultimately, it's logical causation lies in God, but I have no idea about anything else.

I believe God Created the universe by natural methods, but it is not logical, because it requires one to have assumptions that are beyond science.

Galateasdream

I believe God Created the universe by natural methods, but it is not logical, because it requires one to have assumptions that are beyond science.

Ah, I meant logical causation as in the universe's cause lies in God even if that's not a temporal event, so allowing for the universe to theoretically be a metaphysically necessary co-eternal thing, though one causally dependant upon God.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

The most anyone can do is guess. One guess is as good as another.

I suppose an ancillary question might be: Where did all the "stuff" to form the universe come from in the first place? Was our universe just an empty void at one point? Did all the material substance and other building blocks of our universe suddenly appear out of nowhere?

Ayjaydee

The most anyone can do is guess. One guess is as good as another.

I suppose an ancillary question might be: Where did all the "stuff" to form the universe come from in the first place? Was our universe just an empty void at one point? Did all the material substance and other building blocks of our universe suddenly appear out of nowhere?
Matter and energy are interchangeable

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

We don't know. However it happened, it's bound to be rather weird and mindblowing from our perspective, I would guess.

That seems quite unlikely to me, if by "created" you mean a purposefull action by a sentient being.

I don' tknow.

Ow. In that case, I'ld say "yes, it was created". As in, it somehow began / came into existance as a space-time continuum.

Perhaps the universe, as an entity, always existed and the big bang was merely that thing "changing form" or something. But that still, for me, would count as the "space time continuum" coming into existance.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

3od04y.jpg

Cooky

Veteran Member

Before the Big Bang, the giant mass that existed at the Center was not bound by “the rules”. Adam dwelt there with eve, and would have lived forever, as the rules of physics as well as space and time did not exist... yet.

...Then God blew it up by applying the “rules”. And so now we have “rules”.

...Now life has to work to emerge, wherever it can, from the remnants of the original giant mass. If fortunate enough, the life will eventually develop a conscious mind, and become partakers in the heavenly afterlife like the original beings God created.

Last edited by a moderator:

questfortruth

Prior to 7000 BC there was Virtual Reality, after that Actual Reality. The theory of Virtual Reality and its Virtual Matter is in viXra. Do you need link? Then write me PM.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

My guess is that the universe existed in some form or the other always. The Big Bang is simply the latest mode in which it exists now.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Before the Big Bang, the giant mass that existed at the Center was not bound by “the rules”. Adam dwelt there with eve, and would have lived forever, as the rules of physics as well as space and time did not exist... yet.

...Then God blew it up by applying the “rules”. And so now we have “rules”.

...Now life has to work to emerge, wherever it can, from the remnants of the original giant mass. If fortunate enough, the life will eventually develop a conscious mind, and become partakers in the heavenly afterlife like the original beings God created.
You believe Adam and Eve lived inside the singularity, and then when creation happened it ripped their bodies apart and spread them out to form all the galaxies in the night sky? Or that we all are Adam and Eve emerging through evolution to our former state of formlessness in God?

Audie

Veteran Member

Mathematical Universe seems as good or better than any other.

The Mathematical Universe