• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did the Jews blaspheme?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
it's a fair observation, DeathRayOfDarkness

edit: If possible, please set your Phaser to Vaporize? Less Mess :)
The apocalypse is here and you are worried about mess?I'll make it as messy as possible it's more nicer that way...besides I can clean up the mess with my cleaning device...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The apocalypse is here and you are worried about mess?I'll make it as messy as possible it's more nicer that way...besides I can clean up the mess with my cleaning device...

Whew, as long as you survive long enough to clean up...

I would hate to leave a mess behind... ya know... Karma...

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Whew, as long as you survive long enough to clean up...

I would hate to leave a mess behind... ya know... Karma...
Karma is annoying ain't it?i'd hate for you to come back as a tapeworm or something...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Karma is annoying ain't it?i'd hate for you to come back as a tapeworm or something...

... the smartest tape-worm in the history of the planet....

bwah-hah-hah

oh wait... will there still be a planet?

do I care?

Nyet!

bwah-hah-hah... I'll be a brilliant tape worm!

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@Ray Warren , @rosends

Welp, I think this thread is officially Well Done. Stick a fork in it!

WakaWaka.png

Neuropteron

Any classic theories?

When charged by opposer with "making himself a god" Jesus reply was " is it not written in you law "You are gods"(Ps 82)?

If he called gods those [that are condemned] why do you say to me you blaspheme because I said, I am God's son ? John 10:31...

The religious leaders were deceptively looking for any excuses to have Jesus executed.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Uzzair was a man who put together the Jewish Scriptures. So, he was highly respected, and Jews believed he was a son of God. They did not believe literally or physically born of God, but a close relationship with God.
There is/was no such man in the Jewish tradition.

Jedster

My guess is that @Remté was referring to Ezra.
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

Tumah

Veteran Member
My guess is that @Remté was referring to Ezra.
SAHIH INTERNATIONAL
The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?
There is no documentation or tradition outside the Qur'an that we have ever believed that about Ezra either.
Edit: And that's even with the Talmud having been out for about a century before the Qur'an was written.

Jedster

There is no documentation or tradition outside the Qur'an that we have ever believed that about Ezra either.
Edit: And that's even with the Talmud having been out for about a century before the Qur'an was written.
Yes, I know that. I checked it out years ago(before you were born :>))
Wasn't sure of you knew.

Anyway, maybe @Remté was referring to someone else.

Oh wait...just found this, which he probably meant.

Uzair (Arabic: عزير‎, ʿUzayr) is a figure mentioned in the Quran, in the verse 9:30, which states that he was revered by the Jews as "the prophet of God".Uzair is most often identified with the biblical Ezra.
So your statement holds.

InvestigateTruth

According to Muslim traditions, it seems to me, the particular Jews living in the Arab region, where Muhammad lived, were saying Uzair is son of God. I sighted that tradition briefly in my post. It seems they were speaking of Ezra. It is not clear to me why they said Uzair instead of Ezra. Anyways, it is not really clear.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
We ate our pizza with a fork.
Thank you for finally explaining how it works! You just can't get that kind of information. Its not even explained in Trivial Pursuit cards or Apples to Apples. Having exhausted all my resources I have been just beside myself and ready to give up on the answer to this question.