• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did the 60's crowd successfully critique "sexism" and "racism" in US religions?

MikeDwight

Sexism - Wikipedia
Racism - Wikipedia
Anybody know how the 60's crowd managed to overturn any well established religious practice? They would find it hard to defend a 40 year period in the 2000 year history of Christianity, has allowed gay persons making love as marriage, the raising of women into the priesthood of God, the introduction of relativism, and all of these or any of these reflecting on all the others.

Sexism is talking about gender roles more established than a comparative dominance of male over female necessarily. Their conversations are access to all professions and the military.
Racism is more comparative dominance established than a racial role. Their conversations are about total capability and judgment by this.

I figure they may have well overthrown organized religion when the last of universities, the all-male Princeton University and its religious studies lets in women in the 70's. I'd say that's progress but then why had they changed the motto "Under God's Power She Flourishes" Or say to "Ol' Nassau" has a recurring line hurrah, my boys.

For British Protestantism in particular it is an attack into irrelevancy, considering "God Save the Queen" if that were an overall anthem, or a little in Auld Lang Syne, or the idea of Victorian moralities. Women were in a safe and holier inner sanctum
Consider how the governess for another's children remarks on the failed reformation of the Church of England. St. Paul being the Cathedral of the neo-catholic Archbishop of Canterbury. We have an image of an oler man or an older time, Jesus Christ remarks 'the birds do not store away' in regards to his apostles. Matthew 6:26-28 The old widow at the temple puts in 'tuppence' or two pennies for having had a full married life and 'all she had to give'. Mark 12:41-44 So the children going to sleep have been given gender roles from a pe-neo-catholic Anglican Protestant Reformation.

How Have in any of the US and European Protestant religions have women Decided to take on varying roles? Why are their Lutheran priesthood women as far as Lithuania?

Religious racism compared to worldwide racism would be a microscopic topic to begin with and a tiny topic. To say any of the religions are. I think it total blasphemy to talk about Germans and religion. Most people agree that Germany tried to Take Poland with the Germany Teutonics in Medieval time. Hitler being a Teutonic directly plays at how empty a religious claim it is to gain their 'breathing room' through Poland. Hitler hated the Slavs and to talk about a religious difference is total misinformation. Eisenhower got to change religion in America claiming improperness in regards to "All men are Created Equal". What exactly is that as a standard?

Camptown Races performed by the popular era group name the "Ethiopian Serenaders" suggests that the West Coast of African peoples that weren't introduced to Christianity, were the only Christian Kingdom in ancient Africa , Ethiopia, which claims to have the Ark of the Covenant, and , also claims to the story of "Nubian Queen" or Sheba who seduced Solomon. It was typical to categorize racial groups as religious or not religious. The song suggests the trade of slave labor.

I don't think any of these were issues to be dealt with by invading and changing the actual religious institutions which they did so effectively. Churches no longer have gender roles. Churches in America even, don't wish to have Churches based on race. Look at all the Orthodox Churches that remain "divided" regardless of any disagreement or idelogical divide. Horace Underwood of Korea wasn't "divided" with himself when the Korean Church was made.

JJ50

Racism, sexism and anti-gay bigotry are evil. Women have just as much right to be priests as have people of colour and gays. If a god exists it could be a gay, black female for all we know.

MikeDwight

Racism, sexism and anti-gay bigotry are evil. Women have just as much right to be priests as have people of colour and gays. If a god exists it could be a gay, black female for all we know.
That's very appreciable in a liberal sort of way. We'd have to first come with a humanist sensibility however. Why did God only speak to Mary at the annunciation, or Rachel to acknowledge the pregnancy of Mary?
I bet the original Jewish or Greek ethnicity would surprise people. They are supposedly near by the Phoenicians, aren't they? Who's Jon Stewart?

JJ50

That's very appreciable in a liberal sort of way. We'd have to first come with a humanist sensibility however. Why did God only speak to Mary at the annunciation, or Rachel to acknowledge the pregnancy of Mary?
I bet the original Jewish or Greek ethnicity would surprise people. They are supposedly near by the Phoenicians, aren't they? Who's Jon Stewart?

I doubt the evil god character exists and much of what is stated in that not so good book is mythical

MikeDwight

Is that supposedly solving it? One person says the Bible is no source of Christianity. Any others? There's still Christmas.