• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Did That Get There?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Most of you realize by now, I'm nuts.

However, you may not realize to what extent. A good example of how far off the deep end I am is: I homeschool Ares.

This can be very difficult. I find, however, like most of us, he can be bribed with candy.

I seldom wear anything that has pockets. There is no 'up' to put things(he can get to the ceiling in a matter of seconds), and so I'm stuck carting said candy in bags stuffed into the side of my bra. Today, one of the Skittles bags dumped out, and I was left with a colorful, sugary rainbow. But that's not so bad... the other day, I found one of these in there, and I'm not even sure how it got there:
ate-silica.jpg
Having kids, I've found all sorts of things in pockets(an crushed but empty ice cream cone once). Toys, reading materials, food stuffs, writing utensils that explode in the dryer. My oldest son could pull out half his room from his pocket, yet was never able to keep money in there...

What is the oddest thing you've found stuffed in one of your articles of clothing?

Gargovic Malkav

Most of you realize by now, I'm nuts.

However, you may not realize to what extent. A good example of how far off the deep end I am is: I homeschool Ares.

This can be very difficult. I find, however, like most of us, he can be bribed with candy.

I seldom wear anything that has pockets. There is no 'up' to put things(he can get to the ceiling in a matter of seconds), and so I'm stuck carting said candy in bags stuffed into the side of my bra. Today, one of the Skittles bags dumped out, and I was left with a colorful, sugary rainbow. But that's not so bad... the other day, I found one of these in there, and I'm not even sure how it got there:
View attachment 56793
Having kids, I've found all sorts of things in pockets(an crushed but empty ice cream cone once). Toys, reading materials, food stuffs, writing utensils that explode in the dryer. My oldest son could pull out half his room from his pocket, yet was never able to keep money in there...

What is the oddest thing you've found stuffed in one of your articles of clothing?

At this moment nothing regarding clothing comes to mind, but I was known to keep odd things in my pencil case when I was in high school.
Such as a piece of lego, the hammer of a cap gun, and a safety pin.

One day the button popped off of the pants of a friend and classmate of mine.
This was the moment my odd habit was put to good use as he could use the safety pin as a temporary substitute.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
At this moment nothing regarding clothing comes to mind, but I was known to keep odd things in my pencil case when I was in high school.
Such as a piece of lego, the hammer of a cap gun, and a safety pin.

One day the button popped off of the pants of a friend and classmate of mine.
This was the moment my odd habit was put to good use as he could use the safety pin as a temporary substitute.

In high school, I had a blue plastic tractor and a piece of a broken skateboard in my backpack.

Do you remember why you kept the things you did?

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member

I don't recall finding something odd in an article of clothing, but I might have found a random button in the pocket of a pair of trousers just out of the dryer.

Gargovic Malkav

In high school, I had a blue plastic tractor and a piece of a broken skateboard in my backpack.

Do you remember why you kept the things you did?

I think I know why but find it difficult to explain.
It's like a keepsake of sorts, but not quite as I don't really associated these items with certain events or people in my life.
Maybe it's just greed.:shrug:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
my mother had a large bag purse. One day, jokingly, I sad, "Mom, that bag is so big you probably have a hammer in it too".

she smiled, reach into her bag and pulled out a hammer to my amazement

I have was not even in my teens when the Yorkshire ripper (peter Sutcliffe) a mass murderer of women in the UK was doing his rounds. Whenever i went out alone my mother made me take a hand bag (i hated them then) with me. Its contents, a half brick.

"If anyone tries it on with you hit them hard with your bag" she would say.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I have was not even in my teens when the Yorkshire ripper (peter Sutcliffe) a mass murderer of women in the UK was doing his rounds. Whenever i went out alone my mother made me take a hand bag (i hated them then) with me. Its contents, a half brick.

WOW!

In our case I think she just happen to be using it as a prop... she was a school teacher. But you never know, it may have been used to knock some sense into the kids. :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't have any memories of having weird things in my pocket.

But my wife had a cavernous purse for many years that was an archeological treasure containing a college student ID card, expired credit cards and other items too numerous to name.

When she asked me to hold it, I used that as an opportunity for weight lifting.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Is there a story to that?

My best friend as a kid tended to mishear lyrics. The funny thing wasn't her mishearing them, it was her not questioning them. One day I heard her singing about a drunken tractor... I don't remember what the lyric was supposed to be, only that that wasn't it, and I about doubled over in laughter. For some reason, the Drunken Tractor took on a life of its own and became a part of our stories. The blue tractor was something I had as a kid, and it took on the Drunken Tractor's identity.

The skateboard piece came from a guy we all adored, and I was much too shy to talk to. My friend wasn't, though. She had a big mouth(which I admired, as I had almost no voice at all). The guy busted his skateboard, and she asked if she could have a piece. Sure, he said. I was envious, but she asked, I didn't. For my birthday, she brought in an oddly shaped gift... It was the skateboard! I was so honored she gave me the treasured relic that I carried it in my bag. I didn't tell anyone else what the significance was, though. Everyone at my birthday party thought I was nuts.

my mother had a large bag purse. One day, jokingly, I sad, "Mom, that bag is so big you probably have a hammer in it too".

she smiled, reach into her bag and pulled out a hammer to my amazement

As a very young child(3-4ish), my sister had a buddy in the neighborhood she played with. He used to leave all his stuff at our house. My dad was rather high strung back then, and it used to make him mad. "That boy is going to leave his underwear here some day" he'd nag.

The kid's mom went off to the hospital in the middle of the night to give birth to his brother, and the little guy stayed the night with us. He went home the following day, and later when my dad got off work, he came out of my sister's room with a pair of the kid's underwear. "It finally happened!" He seemed a little amazed.

I had a stranger once say she was going to kick my *** because I had "been talking **** about her".... I didn't even know this person. My friend had pepper spray in her bra. She started shaking it up... the woman slowly put her jewelry back on, and walked away.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I had a stranger once say she was going to kick my *** because I had "been talking **** about her".... I didn't even know this person. My friend had pepper spray in her bra. She started shaking it up... the woman slowly put her jewelry back on, and walked away.

Pepper spray is illegal in the UK but bricks aren't.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

We found a safety pin stuffed inside our babies tummy last week...

(Yes, this is true. Little devil grabbed one of those tiny safety pins that fasten tags to new clothing, and swallowed it quicker than her mother could move. It had fallen to the floor whilst the bed was being made.)

She needed an x-ray to make sure it had gone down and wasn't stuck halfway. It was open, but passed without complication. The baby didn't seem to perturbed by the fuss.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
We found a safety pin stuffed inside our babies tummy last week...

(Yes, this is true. Little devil grabbed one of those tiny safety pins that fasten tags to new clothing, and swallowed it quicker than her mother could move. It had fallen to the floor whilst the bed was being made.)

She needed an x-ray to make sure it had gone down and wasn't stuck halfway. It was open, but passed without complication. The baby didn't seem to perturbed by the fuss.

That's scary. I'm glad she wasn't hurt.

Ares bit and broke his cup once as a preschooler. Didn't say anything about it, but we looked at him, and half his cup was gone and he had a bloody lip. Couldn't find all the glass pieces... we took him to the ER and they did X-rays and said they didn't see anything funny.