• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did Isaiah 52:13 predict that the Messiah Jesus would be crucified "lifted up"?

74x12

Psalms 107: 28-30; Then in their trouble they called to the Lord, and he saved them from their distress. He calmed the raging storm and the waves became quite. They were glad because of the calm, and he brought them safe to the shore. See Mark 4: 37-39.
I like your post but you know in the Hebrew Psalm 107:28 is literally saying YHVH. Jesus is God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I understand. Thanks. You believe it's a traditional story meant to explain why things are the way they are. A parable on the other hand is a simile.

So do you believe that scriptures are inspired by the holy Spirit?
That’s correct.

Yes, I believe that The texts are inspired, and that Holy Spirit works through our creative processes.

74x12

Yes, I believe that The texts are inspired, and that Holy Spirit works through our creative processes.
Then there are similes, prophecies and spiritual truths in the text itself. For example Paul said that at least part of Genesis was allegory. (Galatians 4:2) Of course it probably wasn't intended to be allegory by the original writer.

The Anointed

I like your post but you know in the Hebrew Psalm 107:28 is literally saying YHVH. Jesus is God.

Deuteronomy 18: 18; YHVH/WHO I AM, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, says to Moses; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS into his mouth, and he will tell the people everything I command. And I will punish all who refuse to heed MY WORDS, which he will speak in my name etc.

John 5: 24; "Whoever hears my words, said Jesus, and believes in “HIM” who sent me, has eternal life.

John 14: 24; “And the word that you hear is not mine but THE Father’s who sent me.

OUR FATHER who art in heaven, etc.

It was the Lord who filled the man Jesus with his spirit that descended upon him in the form of a dove as he came up from the baptismal waters of the Jordan, as the heavenly voice was heard to say, “You are my Son, this day I have begotten thee.”

The words that Jesus spoke were the words of the Lord and the miracles that were worked through the man Jesus, were the miracles of the Lord.

Psalms 107: 28; Then in their trouble they called to the LORD, and He saved them from their distress. HE calmed the raging storm, and the waves became quite, etc.