• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did God create life?

Grandliseur

and a lot of salt. Yes you claim to a superior position against science, and yes to know more than science based on a literal understanding of Genesis.
Love salt. As we are told, you are the salt of the earth, but if the salt looses it saltiness, what are you worth for at all. (Paraphrased liberally)
There is no wisdom in opposition to God's. That is all there is to say.

What I find strange is the stance on ID and chaos creation. Even if IDed, there is no difference needed in the research as to how things were done intelligently. Atheists seem to claim that there is a difference between their preferred chaos creation and ID when researching how things work. This I also do not agree with. I know your stance may be slightly different, but it isn't different enough.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What I find strange is the stance on ID and chaos creation. Even if IDed, there is no difference needed in the research as to how things were done intelligently. Atheists seem to claim that there is a difference between their preferred chaos creation and ID when researching how things work. This I also do not agree with. I know your stance may be slightly different, but it isn't different enough.

First, what is chaos creation? It does not make sense.

Second, the claim of ID hypothesis is that the nature of our physical existence, and life can be demonstrated by science that there is a necessary 'designer' in the process, and it cannot be explained as taken place naturally

Grandliseur

what is chaos creation? It does not make sense.
I sounds as if you're making it a point to be especially dense. If we do not have ID, intelligent design, what is left !
The only thing left is design by randomness, by happenstance, by chance; in other words, the chaos god creating things. (that is what chaos is turned into - namely, the creator.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
If there is a God, I'd say God has a limited hand, and is bound by the limits of the universe. Natural processes the extent of God's power. With God's field force the shaping and forming force of the universe. I'd say God is learning what God can and can't do. Sort of works by trial and error. Adapting his creation on the fly.

God being one with existence perhaps God has learned intimately the way the universe could work, if he bends it to his will. I don't think God has better quality means of creating life.

At times nature does seem accidental, and at times it seems like a great experiment. Perhaps it's a little of both

Dantedeven

God created life with science. Because God is the ultimate programmer.
His design is flawless because it is infinite, it has no definite solution.
It only requires the basics, and time itself does the rest.
There is no code too hard for Him, He can truly turn dust into seeds.
How he does it, God knows. But let it be clear:
The only limit is the mind, the only obstacle is time.