• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How could I have missed it. (A positive outlook from within)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Today at the train i was thinking, how come that i been so focused on everything within my own being, that i forgot to use what i found within me to shine out to the physical world. My eyes had been closed when i thought of this, and when i opened my eyes, the first thing i saw was the sunlight through the branches shining down at the river. the light that reflected was so bright it felt like it was from something higher than my self.

How can i for so long have missed the beauty of this world and only looked for the ray of light from within?
This experience today taught me to look both within my being but letting the outside world show its beauty to remind me that light can be found both within and outside of us

The brighter you look at the world, the brighter the world will look back at you.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This world is beautiful for the most part, (although it does have its horrors). Here is a picture of the beauty i enjoyed this morning for our first picnic breakfast of the year.

55099_e087d1ca407f9f52992f3faa6fe67f75.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Today at the train i was thinking, how come that i been so focused on everything within my own being, that i forgot to use what i found within me to shine out to the physical world. My eyes had been closed when i thought of this, and when i opened my eyes, the first thing i saw was the sunlight through the branches shining down at the river. the light that reflected was so bright it felt like it was from something higher than my self.

How can i for so long have missed the beauty of this world and only looked for the ray of light from within?
This experience today taught me to look both within my being but letting the outside world show its beauty to remind me that light can be found both within and outside of us

The brighter you look at the world, the brighter the world will look back at you.

Remember. The outside and inside compliment each other. Soon,they'd be one (no dichotomy). If I'm not mistaken, you've fallen into some eastern concepts.

I have too much nature pictures to post. I went nuts when I started trail running couple years ago with pictures up these hills and trees.

Enjoy your insights

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Remember. The outside and inside compliment each other. Soon,they'd be one (no dichotomy). If I'm not mistaken, you're fall into some eastern concepts.

I have too much nature pictures to post. I went nuts when I started trail running couple years ago with pictures up these hills and trees.

Enjoy your insights
Sufism do have some eastern form of philosophy yes :) main focus is to cleanse from within our being, but be an observer of the physical world:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
@Conscious thoughts...don't give me an excuse to post pictures of beautiful places....:)

images
images
images
images
images
images

images
images

This is how God tells us that he is still here, and that he made the world for our enjoyment.....it is we who have messed it up. :( These scenes are designed to feed the soul. Who can look at these without it touching their heart?

I believe that the Creator will restore this beauty and repair the damage that man has done....but first he has to deal with those despoilers.....so that the ruination of his creation will never happen again. This is a Bible promise.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Nature really replenishes me. We spent over three years looking for what is now our farm. The house isn't much to speak of, but the land is flat and mostly not soggy, and looking out my office window I have a fantastic view of our pastures, the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic mountains in the distance. We feel very fortunate, and nourished by our rural surrounds.