• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How could first big-bang explode?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Due to useful information given by some of our friends in the above posts, I would like to amend the OP as below.
(The organisers of this forum are requested to amend the OP, if possible.)

How could the first big-bang expand?

There must be some expanse for it to expand. How did this expanse come into existence?
Regard
The expanse is infinite and always was....how could it not? See my post above #18 ...

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The better question to ask is how could spacial infinity not ever have had a beginning? Remember....time is merely a mental construct to represent a finite segmental measurement of the eternal enduring now...and finite space is a mental construct of represent a finite circumscribed spacial volume of infinity. These mental constructs are only concepts invented by humans to put imagined finite limits on eternity and infinity so as to help make it simple and manageable mentally to help explain and understand the working of cosmos that are relevant to the mortal condition and survival as a species....

I am an ordinary man in the street. I request everybody to write in simple English for easy understanding. I thank everybody for their inputs in the thread.

Regards

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
How could the first big-bang expand?

There must be some expanse for it to expand. How did this expanse come into existence?
Regard
Not according to the theory. The theory of Big Bang is that the expanse is space itself, and big bang was space itself expanding. Don't ask how it works, and don't try to think of it as space-within-space, because we can't. Our problem is that we're human within this 3D+time space world. We can't understand it except through math.

"The Big Bang did not occur as an explosion in the usual way one think about such things, despite one might gather from its name. The universe did not expand into space, as space did not exist before the universe, according to NASA Instead, it is better to think of the Big Bang as the simultaneous appearance of space everywhere in the universe. The universe has not expanded from any one spot since the Big Bang — rather, space itself has been stretching, and carrying matter with it."
-- Our Expanding Universe: Age, History & Other Facts

"Come on, admit it, you’ve had this question. “Since astronomers know that the Universe is expanding, what’s it expanding into? What’s outside of the Universe?” Ask any astronomer and you’ll get an unsatisfying answer. We give you the same unsatisfying answer, but really explain it, so your unsatisfaction doesn’t haunt you any more.

The short answer is that this is a nonsense question, the Universe isn’t expanding into anything, it’s just expanding.

The definition of the Universe is that it contains everything. If something was outside the Universe, it would also be part of the Universe too. Outside of that? Still Universe. Out side of THAT? Also more Universe. It’s Universe all the way down. But I know you’re going to find that answer unsatisfying, so now I’m going to break your brain."
-- What is the Universe Expanding Into?

Now, the question is if this is true about the universe, space, time, big bang, etc, or not, but that's something else. The theory states that it's not expanding into anything. It doesn't matter if we like it or not, that's the theory.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
word games....
ANY expansion moving that fast is an explosion.

you just won't hear the 'BANG'!

Nothing goes 'bang' in the void.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No one really knows anything about the Big Bang & its origins.
Some have very sophisticated speculations with a lot of corroborating evidence.
But they weren't there to see it.
It would be a tough thing to observe.

and no proof will ever lay on any table.
The experiment won't fit in the petri dish!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Not according to the theory. The theory of Big Bang is that the expanse is space itself, and big bang was space itself expanding. Don't ask how it works, and don't try to think of it as space-within-space, because we can't. Our problem is that we're human within this 3D+time space world. We can't understand it except through math.

Now, the question is if this is true about the universe, space, time, big bang, etc, or not, but that's something else. The theory states that it's not expanding into anything. It doesn't matter if we like it or not, that's the theory.
I understand what you are saying...,but the problem is the space expanding into nothing part....if you say one is not to ask about the absolute nothing it is expanding into...then that's like straight out of a magician's handbook...total nonsense..unless you can explain how this nothing came into existence...and also how did the point of expansion of the big bang came into existence in absolute nothing?

I call B/S....
bsmeter.gif

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
word games....
Thanks for the heads up, but once I saw you were the author of this post, i did not need the warning.

ANY expansion moving that fast is an explosion.
i see.
Yes, you are fond of merely declaring your opinion as fact.
I have been around long enough to know that already.
Though it was mighty polite of you to give the newbies a heads up.

you just get to hear the 'BANG'!
Was it deafening?
I mean, did you lose your hearing for a while afterwords?
I wouldn't know as I was not there.
Perhaps you could shed some light as an eyewitness?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I understand what you are saying...,but the problem is the space expanding into nothing part....if you say one is not to ask about the absolute nothing it is expanding into...then that's like straight out of a magician's handbook...total nonsense..unless you can explain how this nothing came into existence...and also how did the point of expansion of the big bang came into existence in absolute nothing?

I call B/S....
bsmeter.gif
I see your BS Meter is detecting your strawman....

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I am an ordinary man in the street. I request everybody to write in simple English for easy understanding. I thank everybody for their inputs in the thread.

Regards
But if the big bang premise requires the acceptance of a finite universe expanding into non-spacial non-existence...and some find this belief unreasonable...then all the words in simple English to describe it will forever lead one down the rabbit hole....

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Typical Mestemia one liner response........what a debater? :rolleyes:
At least I am not beating up on strawmen.

You are most skilled at that.

One wonders if you think beating up on strawmen is "debating"?

And you roll your eyes at me...
What a hypocrite.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
At least I am not beating up on strawmen.

You are most skilled at that.

One wonders if you think beating up on strawmen is "debating"?

And you roll your eyes at me...
What a hypocrite.
More unsubstantiated rhetoric.....be more explicit and point to where we can see precisely where I have made an argument that is meant to be refuted?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum

I call B/S....
bsmeter.gif
That might be, but the theory is what the theory is.

The Big Bang theory says that the universe expanded into nothing. That's nothing I can change. It has nothing to do with me or you. You might feel that it is just BS, but that doesn't change what the theory states. In my opinion, I have some issues with Big Bang myself, but that's irrelevant to what the theory says. Perhaps in the future we'll have a better theory, but for now, that's what the theory says.

Besides, if a God created a universe from nothing, then we'd have the exact same problem. Inside what did God create the universe? Nothing? If the universe can't expand into nothing, then why can suddenly a universe be created inside nothing?

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Big Bang Theory - Common Misconceptions
There are many misconceptions surrounding the Big Bang theory. For example, we tend to imagine a giant explosion. Experts however say that there was no explosion; there was (and continues to be) an expansion. Rather than imagining a balloon popping and releasing its contents, imagine a balloon expanding: an infinitesimally small balloon expanding to the size of our current universe.

Another misconception is that we tend to image the singularity as a little fireball appearing somewhere in space. According to the many experts however, space didn't exist prior to the Big Bang. Back in the late '60s and early '70s, when men first walked upon the moon, "three British astrophysicists, Steven Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose turned their attention to the Theory of Relativity and its implications regarding our notions of time. In 1968 and 1970, they published papers in which they extended Einstein's Theory of General Relativity to include measurements of time and space.1, 2 According to their calculations, time and space had a finite beginning that corresponded to the origin of matter and energy."3 The singularity didn't appear in space; rather, space began inside of the singularity. Prior to the singularity, nothing existed, not space, time, matter, or energy - nothing. So where and in what did the singularity appear if not in space? We don't know. We don't know where it came from, why it's here, or even where it is. All we really know is that we are inside of it and at one time it didn't exist and neither did we. - See more at: Big Bang Theory

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
That might be, but the theory is what the theory is.

The Big Bang theory says that the universe expanded into nothing. That's nothing I can change. It has nothing to do with me or you. You might feel that it is just BS, but that doesn't change what the theory states. In my opinion, I have some issues with Big Bang myself, but that's irrelevant to what the theory says. Perhaps in the future we'll have a better theory, but for now, that's what the theory says.

Besides, if a God created a universe from nothing, then we'd have the exact same problem. Inside what did God create the universe? Nothing? If the universe can't expand into nothing, then why can suddenly a universe be created inside nothing?
The theory has to do with me in the sense I see it as similar to a lie...an untruth....and therefore do not waste time on it. I have no objection to anyone believing in it though, but if they expect me to accept it as a credible theory...than I draw the line..

God is an indivisible one...there is nothing that is not God. The physical universe that science deals with is the manifestation of God... The manifested things have beginnings and ending...but God is timeless and infinite.... Already there is an indication of the evolution of big bang theory to an infinite multiverse theory...due to the behaviour of dark energy gravitational evidence...

There is no nothing in existence, never was, never will be...there is no science that is able to replicate a state of nothingness...the vacuum is full of energy...infinitely dense..