• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How come we are good in making critique of others?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Because I can be sanctimonious and self righteous. And I am fed humble pie every time. I think, at least for me, there is something inside myself that I don’t like and subconsciously I start comparing myself to others and try to find wrong with them to make myself feel better. I catch myself and I have to tell myself and my son, “Worry about your own self!”
For me it's more that people have been criticizing me so much, that my self confidence was gone, it made me kind of numb. As I got out of this numbness, I found out that people criticizing me, do irritate me, and as a reaction I easily criticize back (not their religion, but especially them criticizing me or others).

In the past I allowed them to criticize me, now I find out, that If I don't allow them to criticize me, I feel no urge to criticize them in return.

And very true, better worry about our selves. I have too many problems to solve myself, so I don't even have the energy or time, most of the time, to worry about others. It's a continuous struggle to follow Jesus words "thou shall not judge". I think that when I am at peace (feel good) with all my emotions, that I won't be triggered by what others say to me and as a result not judge myself either.