• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How certain are you about your belief?

How certain are you about your Belief?

• My belief is based on my best guesses, so, most likely my Belief is true.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I feel certain that my Belief is absolutely true

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I go with my heart, so, since my heart loves my Belief, it means it is true

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I feel uncertain about my belief

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I don't know what to believe really

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I don't really care about having any Belief or disbelief

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • I know for a fact that my Belief is true

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
They are just jokes because nobody knows what heaven will be like.
However, there might be some truth embedded in those jokes.
No, the Baha'i Faith is not a joke, it is real, and I think it should be taken seriously.
I can see through it all.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I have a couple of Baha'i jokes I heard years ago that I want to share with you. The second joke is an inside joke.

A Baha'i dies and is met at the Gates of Heaven by St. Peter, who welcomes him and offers to show him around to get him oriented. "Heaven," St. Peter says, "is like a huge mansion, with lots of rooms in it. Here, for example, is the room where all of the Jews stay." He opens a door and lets him look inside, where a great many Jews are living.

"Over here," St. Peter says, "is where the Muslims stay." Again, he opens the door and lets the Baha'i look in for a few minutes. "This next room is for the Buddhists." Again, he is shown a room full of people. This goes on for a time, until St. Peter suddenly urges him to remain quiet, and they tiptoe past one more door. Once they're past it, the Baha'i asks, "What's in there, and why do we have to be so quiet?"

"Ah," St. Peter says. "That's where the Christians live. They like to think they're the only ones up here."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Baha'i dies and is met at the Gates of Heaven by St. Peter, who welcomes him and offers to show him around to get him oriented. To make this short, I'll just say he goes through the same deal as in the previous joke, except he gets to see the Christians. Finally, they come to one last door, which St. Peter opens. "This was built for the Baha'is," he says. But when the Baha'i looks in, he finds that the room is empty!

"Oh no!" he cries. "This can't be! How can I be the only Baha'i here??"

"Calm down," St. Peter says. "The Baha'is are all off travel teaching in hell."

I like these jokes, and as a psychic medium, they are funny to me. Based on my experience, many Christians are in complete shock after they die because they don't go immediately to heaven or are asleep in their graves as they expected and had been taught to believe. They are lost and confused, and some are angry and feel betrayed. Many refuse to cross over. That is why I believe the Bible's teachings on the afterlife are terribly inaccurate and misleading.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yes, it’s not known as a works religion and genuine Christians believe in the true God.
Not a works religion? According to who, Paul or Jesus?

Matthew 25:35-45 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I chose option 1.
In my view it is better to hold a belief formed in light of known facts tentatively since new facts may be discovered.

To me that is better than holding onto false beliefs with certainty.

In my opinion.
I believe I can see that for some secondary beliefs. For instance my belief that outer darkness was just outside the New Jerusalem as opposed to being far outer space. Outer is a vague word because it can mean near or far.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I feel reasonably certain that there is little to no difference between your 2nd and last poll option. I'm far less certain that posting poll after poll after poll is the best way to improve you options list.
I believe feelings can be deceptive while facts are not.

Soandso

My beliefs are based on my best guesses, but I wouldn't say that makes them most likely. I will say that they SEEM more likely until something better comes along, which it does from time to time. I like to keep an open mind

Muffled

Jesus in me
My beliefs are based on my best guesses, but I wouldn't say that makes them most likely. I will say that they SEEM more likely until something better comes along, which it does from time to time. I like to keep an open mind
Groucho Marx had a show titled: "You Bet Your LIfe." I believe God removed the blood clot I had in my heart. He has healed me before so I have a precedence. When I have my echo cardiogram the scientific proof will show whether my belief was true or not.

Soandso

Groucho Marx had a show titled: "You Bet Your LIfe." I believe God removed the blood clot I had in my heart. He has healed me before so I have a precedence. When I have my echo cardiogram the scientific proof will show whether my belief was true or not.

I hope your cardiograph results go well, and everything is ok... That's scary stuff to deal with

As for scientific proof, that's not really how that works. There has to be a contained testing environment over many subjects where all the variables are taken into account and eliminated when possible and tested against a control group

That said, personal experience is valuable, so if your faith is helping you to deal with serious issues, don't let me rain on your parade