• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can you justify torturing someone forever?

As I see it, torturing someone forever produces no good results. Torturing someone forever is the most evil thing imaginable. Nothing is worse than this. How do you reasonably justify torturing a being for all eternity? How do you reasonably justify the belief that a good god would do the most evil thing possible?

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
As I see it, torturing someone forever produces no good results. Torturing someone forever is the most evil thing imaginable. Nothing is worse than this. How do you reasonably justify torturing a being for all eternity? How do you reasonably justify the belief that a good god would do the most evil thing possible?
I agree with you. It does seem a most ungodly act. But then believers have a different take on it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

God has an S&M fetish. Who are we to question his ways?

DeitySlayer

President of Chindia
Because God said so and you shouldn't question him and any idea to the contrary has been planted by Satan to lead you astray. :biglaugh:

tarasan

you want me to be frank?

because you chose it, every human being has turned away from God willingly, everyone who is going to hell CHOSE to go to hell, they CHOSE to reject him, and being angry at God for your choice is a little sad, its like blaming the police for going to jail.

And who said God was going to toture you? alot of christians believe he will just leave you alone with the knowledge that you rejected him, and his perfect love, and cut you off from him, which is what you wanted your entire life, which of course will cause you to suffer, others yes believe you will burn, but only because YOU ran into the flames, others think youll merely be destroyed, and forgotten.

all these fates are of your chosing, you chose to suffer and you dont have anyone else to blame, you can get angry and yell its not fair, but you chose it, not God.

Erebus

Because the Biblical God is bat**** crazy?

you want me to be frank?

because you chose it, every human being has turned away from God willingly, everyone who is going to hell CHOSE to go to hell, they CHOSE to reject him, and being angry at God for your choice is a little sad, its like blaming the police for going to jail.

And who said God was going to toture you? alot of christians believe he will just leave you alone with the knowledge that you rejected him, and his perfect love, and cut you off from him, which is what you wanted your entire life, which of course will cause you to suffer, others yes believe you will burn, but only because YOU ran into the flames, others think youll merely be destroyed, and forgotten.

all these fates are of your chosing, you chose to suffer and you dont have anyone else to blame, you can get angry and yell its not fair, but you chose it, not God.

It's a pretty poor parent who turns away his runaway child when they realise their mistake.

Last edited:

tarasan

Because the Biblical God is bat**** crazy?

It's a pretty poor parent who turns away his runaway child when they realise their mistake.

ohhh he doesnt turn them away, you have your entire life to repent, at any point you can say to God ive done wrong I want to be brought back into relationship with you!

If you havnt done that for your entire life, then do you really want to be with God? I would hazard the guess as no..

Kerr

you want me to be frank?

That is like saying it is not a tyrants fault people break the rediculous laws and get executed. God is responsible for creating a system that works that way.

tarasan

That is like saying it is not a tyrants fault people break the rediculous laws and get executed. God is responsible for creating a system that works that way.

actually Its our fault, we are the ones that broke the rules, heck if God was the tyrant that you wanted us to believe then why would he have given us a way back? he would have just wiped us all out, but he didnt he gave us all a chance to come back, and he gave us our whole lives to do so, so that no matter whatwe do during your lives we could always come back to him, nothing we could do would make our chance of forgiveness any less likely...... I mean would a tyrant do that? of course not!

Everyone has to accept the consequences of their actions, Im sorry that is just how it goes.

Kerr

actually Its our fault, we are the ones that broke the rules, heck if God was the tyrant that you wanted us to believe then why would he have given us a way back? he would have just wiped us all out, but he didnt he gave us all a chance to come back, and he gave us our whole lives to do so, so that no matter whatwe do during your lives we could always come back to him, nothing we could do would make our chance of forgiveness any less likely...... I mean would a tyrant do that? of course not!
Sending everyone who does not have the right belief to hell is quite like a tyrant. So yeah, a tyrant could very much do that. Besides, when we create something we are responsible for making it good. God made a system that was too easy to break, thereby it is his fault it broke.

And you are really painting it in black and white. I never chose to turn away from God, I never believed in God in the first place. I cannot choose to reject salvation when I don´t believe in it if the salvation in question does not make sense to me.

Everyone has to accept the consequences of their actions, Im sorry that is just how it goes.
Which is exactly what I am saying, God is responsible for the effect of his actions.

tarasan

Sending everyone who does not have the right belief to hell is quite like a tyrant. So yeah, a tyrant could very much do that. Besides, when we create something we are responsible for making it good. God made a system that was too easy to break, thereby it is his fault it broke.

And you are really painting it in black and white. I never chose to turn away from God, I never believed in God in the first place. I cannot choose to reject salvation when I don´t believe in it if the salvation in question does not make sense to me.

Which is exactly what I am saying, God is responsible for the effect of his actions.

So is it your responsibility to make sure your children turn out right or theirs? I mean did you fail if your children turn away from society? We are not machines, he made us with free will. BTW it isnt totally about right beliefs, you know how many Christians have conflicting beliefs with each other?

And yes you do reject salvation, You reject the things you dont believe in silly, like I reject hinduism, or Islam, I never believed in those things but doesnt mean I dont reject them, it doesnt mean I dont turn away from them.

I would say no, we are responsible for our actions, should a criminal get the right to blame society or their parents? no because ultiamtely it was their decision no one elses.