• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can we know if the Abrhamic God Is the one true God?

Etritonakin

Then go ahead and tell me what is about to happen in my day today.

By the way, this is a quote of Bertrand Russell, I didn't just make it up. So I suggest you take a careful second look at what it says.

I didn't say I could.

Some attribute the following quote to Abraham Lincoln...

"The best way to predict the future is to create it.”

Etritonakin

Unfortunately none of it has come true from the chapters you quoted. On the other hand I can easily argue that the things you quoted did come true is in the days of MP.

Plague: YES (Justinian plague)

Plague in Egypt: YES

Animals dying: YES

Earthquake that destroyed temple: YES

Jews flee persecution in Jerusalem: YES

Sun went dim: YES

Temperatures fell: YES

Persia defeated (Dan 10): YES

Greeks defeated (Dan 10): YES

Koresh Servant who doesn't know G-d raised (Isa 45): YES

Assyria and Egypt unite (Isa 19): YES

Temple in Egypt & its border: YES

A great leader raised (Isa 19): YES

Sacrifice at Egyptian temple: YES

Jews returned to Jerusalem: YES

So you should accept MP as your savior. He fulfilled far more prophecies in the Bible than anyone in the last 2,000 years and even brought home the Jews who were expelled by Heraclius. LOL

No clue who that is....

I did say the bold parts are happening/have happened.

If you are interested in doing more than making jokes, you can study Daniel. Many things in Daniel have come to pass -some are yet future.

Etritonakin

As far as the war prophecy you have quoted wars are happening all the time. The real prophecy is in Zechariah 12 where it says that first the horse and rider will be struck by a plague. This is the plague that is mentioned in Zechariah 14 too. It says it will also strike Egypt. This is also mentioned in Isaiah 19. Then the the rest of the prophecy says

Bible Gateway passage: Zechariah 14 - New International Version

Half the Jews will be exiled. Jesus says the same in Matt 24. It says The mountain will split, due to an earthquake and the people will flee

In addition night and day will be the same. Matt 24 also speaks about the sun becoming dim.

So none of these real things have happened. Just one thing has happened, the Jews are in Israel, after they were kicked out by Heraclius in the days of MP. Then Caliph Umer leading MPs army defeated Heraclius, restored the exilarchs in Baghdad, reversed the Xhristian proclamation to kill all Jews and reversed the ban on Jews entering Jerusalem. This happened 1400 years ago and the Jews have been living there since. So just because 1,300 years later the Jews are now technologically capable of defeating Arabs doesnt mean some grand prophecy has come true. The rest of those things must happen too. Like I said, you guys do nothing different than snake oil salesmen. This will happen that will happen, buy it now or it will be too late.

I'm not selling anything. I answered the original question accurately.

What I said was that when those things happen -all things written -many people will then know. Especially being raised from graves -discussing the matter with God -that will make not believing difficult.

If you do not believe they will -or are not truly interested in the subject enough to take it seriously and study it in depth, that's your choice.

Checking into the matter seriously might help you avoid unfavorable situations -but w/e

Etritonakin

Psychic.jpg

Make that a computer terminal -connect everything everyone uses -make those things remotely controllable (including people) -and make that lady not like you for no real reason -then you'll start to understand.

Control is the new freedom. But not really.

Etritonakin

God will make himself known as he has seen fit -but his commandments can be known to be true by the good they cause and will cause.

Isa 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
Isa 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Exo 6:7 And I will take you to me for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God, which bringeth you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.

Eze 12:15 And they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall scatter them among the nations, and disperse them in the countries.

Eze 39:27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
Eze 39:28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Just thought I would add... God is not a respecter of persons. His anger is against any who do evil. He just decided to do things in a certain order. The present tensions between nations will fade away when all have forever to do whatever.
Who will dwell on earth around Jerusalem will seem insignificant compared to everyone having an entire universe to inhabit.

J2hapydna

I didn't say I could.

Some attribute the following quote to Abraham Lincoln...

"The best way to predict the future is to create it.”

Once again here is what he said:

if I heard a voice from the sky predicting all that was going to happen to me during the next twenty-four hours, including events that would have seemed highly improbable, and if all these events then produced to happen ...

So by definition we are looking for predictions that we weren't expecting. This would precisely rule out the stuff we were planning on creating for the future. For example you may not be planning to see a bolt of lightening hit someone crossing the street tomorrow, but the prediction may it would happen and it does. Or you may not be planning to receive a million dollars tomorrow but the prophecy says you would and it happens. Or you may not be expecting the sun to not shine tomorrow or an earthquake to hit your city but the prophecy say it will happen too and it does. In other words it has to be several unlikely things that nobody is expecting will or can happen, but they do. So Russell says if someone told him some things like that would happen and they do, then he might think a god was involved in predicting these things

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
I was working on my next post for the Bible reading, I had finished now and although I normally just type it all out at once this one I decided would be better to sum up in one longer post. While doing this the thought popped into my head and so I thought I would ask. How can we know if the Abrahamic God is the one true God?

One of the advantages of the Bible is that it is a compendium of revelations and history over a millennia... so you need to understand the context of the time and the society to better appreciate the meaning and the Divine message for the era or time involved...

Kelly of the Phoenix

I was working on my next post for the Bible reading, I had finished now and although I normally just type it all out at once this one I decided would be better to sum up in one longer post. While doing this the thought popped into my head and so I thought I would ask. How can we know if the Abrahamic God is the one true God?
It would really difficult, since even the Abrahamic God was once simply part of a pre-Jewish set of deities. In the bible, El/Yahweh (originally two gods who were later merged) is the good guy and Baal is the bad guy. In the Epic of Baal, it's vice versa, yet both agree that Yahweh loves drowning people for ... reasons and Baal was more popular "on the ground".

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
Yeah, so working the cash register on the Sabbath is a sin, but slaughtering that person isn't? :)

You don't constantly seek the truth of what they did or are doing.
I thought I was being told specifically to worship the "Truth"? Am I not supposed to seek it? Isn't it a red flag when any authority figure says, "I am the best, believe me?"

I think that if I heard a voice from the sky predicting all that was going to happen to me during the next twenty-four hours, including events that would have seemed highly improbable, and if all these events then produced to happen, I might perhaps be convinced at least of the existence of some superhuman intelligence. I can imagine other evidence of the same sort which might convince me, but so far as I know, no such evidence exists.
But maybe you just heard you and you have super powers. :) After all, why worship someone who can do something if you can do it too?

You can only only believe it with faith, God cannot lie.
Well, except in verses where He either does or words the truth in such and such a way as to be questionably honest.

NO OTHER RELIGIOUS FIGURE HAS DONE THAT. And if one does, who is NOT God, the prophecies will expose the fraud for what he is.
As the Mahabharata takes place over centuries if not millennia (can't remember), there are plenty of prophecies that come true later on in the story. There are also tons of biblical prophecies that just simply didn't happen.

Besides, you need to verify that prophecies actually PREDATE the event foretold and aren't just written after the fact in a common literary trope.

J2hapydna

No clue who that is....

I did say the bold parts are happening/have happened.

If you are interested in doing more than making jokes, you can study Daniel. Many things in Daniel have come to pass -some are yet future.

These things I have listed happened in the days of Muhammad the prophet (MP). This is why the Quran claims that those who read the Bible can recognize him.

Unfortunately the Koresh didn't know the Bible. So they created a religion that excluded the Bible after MP died. Otherwise, during his life MP was accused of being a sorcerer who used the Bible and Quran together as two sorceries, to magically make things happen that were stated in the Bible.

I make fun of the fact that people who claim to believe in biblical prophecies expect others to be impressed that some self fulfilling prophecy is about to come true, but run for the doors when they are shown a sequence of prophecies that have actually come true because it doesn't jive with their own religion

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The best and the only reasonable concept of God is described in the Kalima of the truthful religion:
“There is none worthy of worship except God Muhammad is the Messenger of God”.
Please
Regards

J2hapydna

Besides, you need to verify that prophecies actually PREDATE the event foretold and aren't just written after the fact in a common literary trope.

This is very true. Although, in this case there is no question that Matt 24, Isaiah 19, Dan 10, Zechariah 12 & 14 etc i.e. the Bible was written before the age of MP.

Etritonakin

Once again here is what he said:

if I heard a voice from the sky predicting all that was going to happen to me during the next twenty-four hours, including events that would have seemed highly improbable, and if all these events then produced to happen ...

So by definition we are looking for predictions that we weren't expecting. This would precisely rule out the stuff we were planning on creating for the future. For example you may not be planning to see a bolt of lightening hit someone crossing the street tomorrow, but the prediction may it would happen and it does. Or you may not be planning to receive a million dollars tomorrow but the prophecy says you would and it happens. Or you may not be expecting the sun to not shine tomorrow or an earthquake to hit your city but the prophecy say it will happen too and it does. In other words it has to be several unlikely things that nobody is expecting will or can happen, but they do. So Russell says if someone told him some things like that would happen and they do, then he might think a god was involved in predicting these things

So you -or whoever -are looking for evidence of ultimate power to create the future -but you/they want it to be personalized.

A perfectly accurate succession of major power shifts and world events written beforehand would not suffice -and you/they want specifics about your personal experience?

Personal experience is a factor. Some have experienced such things and have believed. Some did not experience such things. Such things are also rarely produced on demand -as if some ultimate power is eager to make you, personally, believe.

Then you have to wonder what belief would change? What one does is far more important than what one believes. Knowledge and belief don't really change people much -whereas experience does.

So -while belief will happen -by personal experience proving God exists -we are presently being forged by experience -so that belief and knowledge will later make a difference.

Many have experienced God -whether you believe it or not -but had not experienced much "reality" -so not much changed.

J2hapydna

So you -or whoever -are looking for evidence of ultimate power to create the future -but you/they want it to be personalized.

A perfectly accurate succession of major power shifts and world events written beforehand would not suffice -and you/they want specifics about your personal experience?

Personal experience is a factor. Some have experienced such things and have believed. Some did not experience such things. Such things are also rarely produced on demand -as if some ultimate power is eager to make you, personally, believe.

Then you have to wonder what belief would change? What one does is far more important than what one believes. Knowledge and belief don't really change people much -whereas experience does.

So -while belief will happen -by personal experience proving God exists -we are presently being forged by experience -so that belief and knowledge will later make a difference.

Many have experienced God -whether you believe it or not -but had not experienced much "reality" -so not much changed.

I think you are missing the mathematical concept he is forwarding which has to do with statistics and probability of random events in a given time frame and incorrectly focusing on whether he hears that voice "personally" or not.

Etritonakin

I think you are missing the mathematical concept he is forwarding which has to do with statistics and probability of random events in a given time frame and incorrectly focusing on whether he hears that voice "personally" or not.

I think that if I heard a voice from the sky predicting all that was going to happen to me during the next twenty-four hours, including events that would have seemed highly improbable, and if all these events then produced to happen, I might perhaps be convinced at least of the existence of some superhuman intelligence. I can imagine other evidence of the same sort which might convince me, but so far as I know, no such evidence exists.

I'm just saying that such evidence does exist -but most aren't interested enough to do the research, can't see beyond preconceptions, etc.... and though God has made people believe by personal experiences (which they cannot themselves replicate for others), most are going to have to wait until all that is written is accomplished. THEN they will know.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Seek with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind...oh and also seek to know what and who the seeker is...or is this the same question?

J2hapydna

I'm just saying that such evidence does exist -but most aren't interested enough to do the research, can't see beyond preconceptions, etc.... and though God has made people believe by personal experiences (which they cannot themselves replicate for others), most are going to have to wait until all that is written is accomplished. THEN they will know.

If by research you mean people aren't interested in going to some remote place to find some hidden figure cloistered in some secret room, who experienced a personal miracle that five people in his remote town saw that can't be duplicated, then it's probably because they aren't looking for smoke and mirrors / hearsay. To me research means finding hard evidence of a secular nature not hearsay.

So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Also you haven't explained why you don't accept MP as your prophet who openly and verifiably fulfilled all these prophesies in the Bible?

Last edited:

Etritonakin

If by research you mean people aren't interested in going to some remote place to find some hidden figure cloistered in some secret room, who experienced a personal miracle that five people in his remote town saw that can't be duplicated, then it's probably because they aren't looking for smoke and mirrors / hearsay. To me research means finding hard evidence of a secular nature not hearsay.

So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Also you haven't explained why you don't accept MP as your prophet who openly and verifiably fulfilled all these prophesies in the Bible?

Not what I meant or said at all. Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it is about Christ not being in such places -not sure what that has to do with a small town guy and his friends.

Also... if you are saying he fulfilled prophecies prophesied by another -what would that have to do with him? There are many prophecies about many individuals. I have about zero knowledge of Muhammad -and have not yet seen the need to consider what he said. People in different parts of the world are taught different things now -but later we will all see the truth together.
God is for all and will bring all to the truth.
Technically, both Christians and Muslims believe in the God of Abraham -but God knows more about himself than any man knows about him -and he will reveal himself according to his will -not ours.

Prophecy from God will work what it will regardless of acceptance of anything. "Accepting" a prophet can definitely be dangerous. One should not follow men, but God -by keeping the commandments (which are self-evidently true).

I see no reason to "accept" a prophet. A true prophet prophesies of God and the works of God -and of the foreknowledge of God about the works of men -and the end result will be that God is accepted when that which he had prophesied comes to pass. I can accept that a certain prophet is correct in what is prophesied after a certain amount of correct prophecy -and know that certain things will certainly happen based on other things happening, etc. -but the prophet is not extremely important personally. A sincere and true prophet would desire that people believe what is prophesied -and so what "they" prophesy -but to the end that people make the correct choices, avoid trouble and gain eternal life.

Daniel, for example -perfectly accurate prophecy of succession of world-ruling kingdoms, etc. -much prophecy already fulfilled. Great guy -but what does "accepting" him have to do with anything?

Presently, you can consider the scripture I quoted earlier and say most has not come to pass -and doubt that the other things actually relate to present events -but that will not be the case when it is all fulfilled.

Your present beliefs will change when they do -and aren't extremely important right now. You are important, however -which is why God will have you experience things which will cause you to believe what you need to believe when it is time you believe. Some are allowed to believe the false because there is not yet a point to them believing the truth.

Last edited:

J2hapydna

Not what I meant or said at all. Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it is about Christ not being in such places -not sure what that has to do with a small town guy and his friends.

Also... if you are saying he fulfilled prophecies prophesied by another -what would that have to do with him? There are many prophecies about many individuals. I have about zero knowledge of Muhammad -and have not yet seen the need to consider what he said. People in different parts of the world are taught different things now -but later we will all see the truth together.
God is for all and will bring all to the truth.
Technically, both Christians and Muslims believe in the God of Abraham -but God knows more about himself than any man knows about him -and he will reveal himself according to his will -not ours.

Prophecy from God will work what it will regardless of acceptance of anything. "Accepting" a prophet can definitely be dangerous. One should not follow men, but God -by keeping the commandments (which are self-evidently true).

I see no reason to "accept" a prophet. A true prophet prophesies of God and the works of God -and of the foreknowledge of God about the works of men -and the end result will be that God is accepted when that which he had prophesied comes to pass. I can accept that a certain prophet is correct in what is prophesied after a certain amount of correct prophecy -and know that certain things will certainly happen based on other things happening, etc. -but the prophet is not extremely important personally. A sincere and true prophet would desire that people believe what is prophesied -and so what "they" prophesy -but to the end that people make the correct choices, avoid trouble and gain eternal life.

Daniel, for example -perfectly accurate prophecy of succession of world-ruling kingdoms, etc. -much prophecy already fulfilled. Great guy -but what does "accepting" him have to do with anything?

Presently, you can consider the scripture I quoted earlier and say most has not come to pass -and doubt that the other things actually relate to present events -but that will not be the case when it is all fulfilled.

Your present beliefs will change when they do -and aren't extremely important right now. You are important, however -which is why God will have you experience things which will cause you to believe what you need to believe when it is time you believe. Some are allowed to believe the false because there is not yet a point to them believing the truth.

If the Isaiah 19 prophecies came true then his god could be real. If the Matt 24 prophecy came true then his god could be real. If Dan 10 came true then his god could be real. These are all series of complex prophecies that we know were written before the time of MP that came true.

The fact that we can prove the Bible was written before these things happened shows this isn't someone writing these passages in after these things happened to make it look like some god said these things before they happened.

Etritonakin

If the Isaiah 19 prophecies came true then his god could be real. If the Matt 24 prophecy came true then his god could be real. If Dan 10 came true then his god could be real. These are all series of complex prophecies that we know were written before the time of MP that came true.

The fact that we can prove the Bible was written before these things happened shows this isn't someone writing these passages in after these things happened to make it look like some god said these things before they happened.

Well, in that case.... let's all just visit widows and fatherless in their affliction -and keep ourselves unspotted from the world. :)

Do good and don't get the funk on ya -can't go wrong.