• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can we help others when we are mostly at home?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I may have put this in the wrong place in Rf but feel free to move it to a better place.

Now when we are more or less at home all the time because of the situation in the world. Is there a way we can help those who are in more need than ourselves?

What are you doing, or how do you wish others could be to your help?

And lastly. How are you? do you cope well in this situation?
As you noticed I have been open about my own struggle lately, but i want you to know that RF members does help me a lot :) So thank you for all the good words in other Posts i made :)

Nimos

I may have put this in the wrong place in Rf but feel free to move it to a better place.

Now when we are more or less at home all the time because of the situation in the world. Is there a way we can help those who are in more need than ourselves?

As you noticed I have been open about my own struggle lately, but i want you to know that RF members does help me a lot :) So thank you for all the good words in other Posts i made :)
Honestly, I don't do anything :) I have helped my brother and his family a few times. But I don't really think there is a lot I can do.

When you see, the health department in the US requesting 100000 body bags and have freezers starting ready etc. And the stuff you hear from other countries as well. It sort of makes me feel like, we are standing on one ship, watching another ship on fire and know that there are people on it that is going to be burned to death, and you sort of go,

"Can we try too..." No...
"What if we..." No..
"But we definitely could try to.." Not going to work..

And in the end, all we can really do, is just stand there and hope as many of them make it as possible, while not really being sure whether or not our own ship is on fire as well, but we just haven't noticed yet.

To me, that is a strange feeling, because Im not really good at, just accepting that nothing can be done.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You know, I was thinking about it, and for some of us, not all, inaction is the best thing. Some actions may help, but we need to carefully plan. Otherwise, we may end up spreading the coronavirus, undermining any help we are trying to provide.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Honestly, I don't do anything :) I have helped my brother and his family a few times. But I don't really think there is a lot I can do.

When you see, the health department in the US requesting 100000 body bags and have freezers starting ready etc. And the stuff you hear from other countries as well. It sort of makes me feel like, we are standing on one ship, watching another ship on fire and know that there are people on it that is going to be burned to death, and you sort of go,

"Can we try too..." No...
"What if we..." No..
"But we definitely could try to.." Not going to work..

And in the end, all we can really do, is just stand there and hope as many of them make it as possible, while not really being sure whether or not our own ship is on fire as well, but we just haven't noticed yet.

To me, that is a strange feeling, because Im not really good at, just accepting that nothing can be done.
I am experiencing the same thing. I do want to help, but I can?t because we are not allowed to be closer than one meter to other people here now.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You know, I was thinking about it, and for some of us, not all, inaction is the best thing. Some actions may help, but we need to carefully plan. Otherwise, we may end up spreading the coronavirus, undermining any help we are trying to provide.
So true.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I do my best to just be there for people that reach out to me and offer support in any way I can.

Quite honestly, aside from stepping up my germophobic practices and stepping down the frequency of my visits to the grocery, little has changed for me. Traditionally, outside of work, I have lived a mostly hermitic lifestyle, so nothing as far as my daily routine has really changed.