• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can we be sure that there is a God? Lets use evidence instead of wanting Him to be there.

W3bcrowf3r

I read the Quran, Gospel, Tora and i am reading the Avesta, and doing research about the Vedas. In the Quran there is are verses about science which i wonder how they could be written 1400 years ago. These verses are being proved to be true in just the last 200 years.

For example, a prophecy about humanity going into space, how mountains move, how milk is made in the blood, how the human being is being formed in the belly, that ants have a complex way of communication like humans, black holes, ozone layer etc.

This fuels my faith in the Holy Books, because the Quran also confirmed the Gospel, the Psalms and the Tora. It speaks about Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Eliah, Jona, John, Jesus Christ etc.
And the Quran also said that there are more Messengers and Prophets send to humanity which are not mentioned.
So this helps in putting faith in the other Holy Books..

But i really am hungry for truth about God. If i think about how i am alive, it makes me think twice, how can there be life etc. And how can there be so much Truth and Science in the Holy Books. (Not talking about how the denominations fabricated stuff and followed their own way, im talking about the Books themselves, i do not follow any organised religion) This to me indicates that there might be a God. Who am i after all, i was born on earth, it's not like i have memories about a 'previous life' in the presence of God or something.

So what about you? Can we talk about why you think there is a God? And can you be as scientificul as possible?

PS: Please lets obey the rule that we keep it on-topic. And use as much science as possible. Lets not post things like 'it's only faith, or i have faith etc.' and lets keep it on-topic please. We can learn from each others experiences and knowledge.

WalterTrull

Godfella
I read the Quran, Gospel, Tora and i am reading the Avesta, and doing research about the Vedas. In the Quran there is are verses about science which i wonder how they could be written 1400 years ago. These verses are being proved to be true in just the last 200 years.

For example, a prophecy about humanity going into space, how mountains move, how milk is made in the blood, how the human being is being formed in the belly, that ants have a complex way of communication like humans, black holes, ozone layer etc.

This fuels my faith in the Holy Books, because the Quran also confirmed the Gospel, the Psalms and the Tora. It speaks about Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Eliah, Jona, John, Jesus Christ etc.
And the Quran also said that there are more Messengers and Prophets send to humanity which are not mentioned.

But i really am hungry for truth about God. If i think about how i am alive, it makes me think twice, how can there be life etc. And how can there be so much Truth and Science in the Holy Books. (Not talking about how the denominations fabricated stuff and followed their own way, im talking about the Books themselves, i do not follow any organised religion) This to me indicates that there might be a God. Who am i after all, i was born on earth, it's not like i have memories about a 'previous life' in the presence of God or something.

So what about you? Can we talk about why you think there is a God? And can you be as scientificul as possible?

PS: Please lets obey the rule that we keep it on-topic. And use as much science as possible. Lets not post things like 'it's only faith, or i have faith etc.' and lets keep it on-topic please. We can learn from each others experiences and knowledge.
I'm pretty sure you're real. Well maybe not. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the people I interact with every day are real. So... Interact.. other people, not possible unless we are one. To be one, there must be a joining awareness. I call that God.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not think the Bible is like that. I think it usually does not try to be Scientific at all. It contains a different set of literature. One surprising thing is that it is socially better than the society before it. It seems socially advanced and anti war. We now know (because people have deciphered Babylonian and Egyptian) that cultures previous to the Bible believed war was a good thing. I think that the Bible does very little to add to Scientific progress except that it kindles an inquisitive nature, and when people are at peace we can spend more time on other things.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm sure a lot of things we think today will be a reality tomorrow. I don't think it was any different in ancient times.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
For example, a prophecy about humanity going into space
What prophecy?
how mountains move
Mountains don't really move, especially not on their own (think tectonic plates slamming into each other to form mountains).
how milk is made in the blood
Definitely not true as milk is formed in mammary glands.
how the human being is being formed in the belly
That's not a very impressive prophesy if "belly" is the best it can do, given that's a bit obvious with "belly" being a broad term and pretty obvious given the bulge that forms in a pregnant woman's belly.
Scientifically, the best any of us can do is drool from out mouth, scratch our heads, and loudly proclaim "idunno." We don't need a god to explain the universe, but those like Sagan, Einstein, and Tyson won't claim theism or atheism.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

What is your background in science education?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I like that!

It seemed to have done so for Isaac Newton. And others.
Isaac Newton was a lonesome fellow, but he had a lot of honor. He had a terrible temper and had to wrestle with hatred of his parents, but he repented from it. He was born premature and his birth mother put him into a mug. Nobody thought he would survive. From early childhood he had advanced intuition of things like clocks. He spent about the same amount of focus on the Bible as upon other things. Now...had he been born and given a Quran I do not know what he would have done differently. I do not really know. It is an interesting thought.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Isaac Newton was a lonesome fellow, but he had a lot of honor. He had a terrible temper and had to wrestle with hatred of his parents, but he repented from it. He was born premature and his birth mother put him into a mug. Nobody thought he would survive. From early childhood he had advanced intuition of things like clocks. He spent about the same amount of focus on the Bible as upon other things. Now...had he been born and given a Quran I do not know what he would have done differently. I do not really know. It is an interesting thought.
I'm aware he didn't agree with much of Church dogma! If they had known his 'heresy', he would have been killed, probably.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Those verses make no such predictions. Instead people are reinterpreting them after the fact. Prophecies in holy books tend to fail when looked at rationally. By the way, I am not a biologist bit if a verse claimed that milk is made "in the blood" that would be a clear error.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm aware he didn't agree with much of Church dogma! If they had known his 'heresy', he would have been killed, probably.
He might have lost his position in the Royal Society or worse, however he was so bright that he could have found a way. We are talking about someone who could learn other languages easily. His choice was to keep going to church even though he disagreed. For what reasons I do not know, but I have not studied him deeply or read his mail. Perhaps he was not that concerned about making a fuss?

dfnj

I will give you four arguments for reason to accept the existence of God:

1. Science is about have testable hypotheses. The problem is most people who believe in God hold the belief ALL of reality is evidence for the existence of God. So either you accept all of reality is evidence for the existence of God is either "good science" or "junk science". People of faith choose reality is good evidence for the existence of God.

2. The nature of nature is proof for the existence of God. Isn't odd how nature always turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could have ever imagined. So in a Universe where the laws of physics are very well known and orderly, nature often behaves strangely chaotic The strangely chaotic nature of existence is evidence of something deeply profound and beyond our comprehension. God is a word representing why our understanding of nature's behaviors is just one step beyond our full comprehension.

3. Every belief system is built on a set of premises or axioms. Axioms are considered to be true without any proof. Once the axioms are established, then statements can be made that are proven to be profound or insane using the axioms are anchor points of proof. For example, science is a belief system where the word "time" is like the word "God". Time doesn't exist the same way you and I experience an apple. But people swear time is real and exists the same way people do with the word God. Every system of belief has limitations with regards to accuracy and completeness. These limitations come from the limitations of human language and the way we use symbols and words to represent reality. God exists because God is an axiom of a belief system. If you choose to have the Old Testament God as an axiom to your belief system then that particular God is real since this would be how you would experience God.

4. God is just a word. Nobody denies the existence of the word God. What the word God means is defined by every sentence ever using the word God in it. God is also different than every other word. This is because God represents every possible thought and experience anyone has ever had or could ever have. God is the alpha and omega of semantic experience. So God not only exists, but God is a unique word in our language. Because of this, the word God can have multiple meaningful definitions. For example, God is all truth known by men. God is also all truth unknown by men. God is both pantheistic and Abrahamic at the same time. The word God is the most powerful word in our dictionary because it represents the meaning of every other word in the dictionary.

God also represents the idea of "nothingness" relative to the idea of "somethingness" in order for us to understand any words at all as being meaningful words. The idea of God is nothingness allows for a Unity of Opposites to exist in our language.

Unity of opposites - Wikipedia

Otherwise, if you did not have this relationship, nothing would any meaning at all.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I think you are right on target with the Qur'an. The reason Muhammad could know those scientific truths before they were discovered is because Muhammad had knowledge from God. Also, He had innate knowledge. I believe that Muhammad was a manifestation of God which is a higher order of creation than an ordinary human, more than just a human Prophet. There have been other Manifestations of God, Jesus was also one, but the mission of Jesus was different from the mission of Muhammad. As mankind progressed he was able to hear more truth, such as the truths Muhammad revealed.

W3bcrowf3r

I think you are right on target with the Qur'an. The reason Muhammad could know those scientific truths before they were discovered is because Muhammad had knowledge from God. Also, He had innate knowledge. I believe that Muhammad was a manifestation of God which is a higher order of creation than an ordinary human, more than just a human Prophet. There have been other Manifestations of God, Jesus was also one, but the mission of Jesus was different from the mission of Muhammad. As mankind progressed he was able to hear more truth, such as the truths Muhammad revealed.

I think Muhammad was a human, a prophet to the Arabs. I don't think we should make him super ordinary, i think you can compare him with Moses. The Quran was a Revelation to the Arabs, and Muhammad is probably the last Messenger send to the Arabs. That's why i think the Quran is doing a good job because 'it has just one chance'. And science helps with confirmed that Message 1400 years ago.

Not like the Israelites which have like a dozen of Prophets send to them. They have a lot of Revelations in the Bible, Tora, Psalms, the Prophets etc. So that would be more message oriented i think.
Jesus Christ is the second Adam, created from nothing like Adam. Jesus the Christ the enlightened version of humanity. So he had to be 'perfect', and that's why he is called the Son of God, the Christ etc. (but he is not God the Father, only YHVH the Father is God). Prophets/Messengers, some of them made errors, while Jesus Christ was found no error in him.

The Prophet Muhammad was more for the Arabs, and also for the Gentiles if they want to listen to the Quran which warns against the trinity fabrication.
Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords, King of Kings, and has the highest position in humanity, and we only have one Christ, and that's Jesus, from the seed of David, from Nazareth.
So that's why the Apostles where inspired by the Holy Spirit of God through Jesus Christ, to be send to the Israelites first, and then to the Gentiles, and the corners of the world.

Anyways, why do you think God exists? Can you use as much evidence as possible?

Last edited:

W3bcrowf3r

Those verses make no such predictions. Instead people are reinterpreting them after the fact. Prophecies in holy books tend to fail when looked at rationally. By the way, I am not a biologist bit if a verse claimed that milk is made "in the blood" that would be a clear error.

My English is not my first language. It's made between the blood. I did not mean 'in the blood'. Between chyme and the blood.

W3bcrowf3r

I'm pretty sure you're real. Well maybe not. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure the people I interact with every day are real. So... Interact.. other people, not possible unless we are one. To be one, there must be a joining awareness. I call that God.

I don't believe that's the definition of God. I think God is the one who creates that awareness, but He is not limited to being that awareness. Else you could say that God is something only in us, but i believe God is outside time and space.

W3bcrowf3r

I do not think the Bible is like that. I think it usually does not try to be Scientific at all. It contains a different set of literature. One surprising thing is that it is socially better than the society before it. It seems socially advanced and anti war. We now know (because people have deciphered Babylonian and Egyptian) that cultures previous to the Bible believed war was a good thing. I think that the Bible does very little to add to Scientific progress except that it kindles an inquisitive nature, and when people are at peace we can spend more time on other things.

I think because the Bible is longer and there are multiple Prophets/Messengers who compiled the Bible. That's why i think it focused more on the Message. But there is some science in it as well.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think Muhammad was a human, a prophet to the Arabs. I don't think we should make him super ordinary, i think you can compare him with Moses. The Quran was a Revelation to the Arabs, and Muhammad is probably the last Messenger send to the Arabs. That's why i think the Quran is doing a good job because 'it has just one chance'. And science helps with confirmed that Message 1400 years ago.

Not like the Israelites which have like a dozen of Prophets send to them. They have a lot of Revelations in the Bible, Tora, Psalms, the Prophets etc. So that would be more message oriented i think.
Jesus Christ is the second Adam, created from nothing like Adam. Only is Jesus the Christ now, and the enlightened version of humanity. So he had to be 'perfect', and that's why he is called the Son of God, the Christ etc. (but he is not God the Father, only YHVH the Father is God). Prophets/Messengers, some of them made errors, while Jesus Christ was found no error in him.

The Prophet Muhammad was more for the Arabs, and also for the Gentiles if they want to listen to the Quran which warns against the trinity fabrication. Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords, King of Kings, and has the highest position in humanity, and we only have one Christ, and that's Jesus, from the seed of David, from Nazareth. So that's why the Apostles where inspired by the Holy Spirit of God through Jesus Christ, to be send to the Israelites first, and then to the Gentiles, and the corners of the world.

Anyways, why do you think God exists? Can you use as much evidence as possible?
I agree that Moses and Muhammad are comparable Messengers of God.

I believe that Jesus was a Messenger of God just like Moses and Muhammad. I believe Jesus was infallible but so were all the other Messengers. What we might consider an error was not an error in the sight of God.

Jesus had a different mission on earth just like Moses and Muhammad each had a different mission. Jesus had a very important mission, as He was the Herald to the Kingdom of God that would come later. So in that sense maybe we can say Jesus' mission was greater than the mission of Moses or Muhammad. However, all Messengers are equal in stature, and according to my beliefs we are not supposed to exalt any one over another.

There was only one Jesus but there is more than one Messenger who brought the Christ Spirit. Baha’u’llah was the Return of the Christ Spirit.

I believe that God exists because of the Messenger of God, Baha’u’llah, and His Revelation to humanity. It all ties in with the former Messengers but I believe that Baha’u’llah is the greatest proof that God exists because His Revelation was so stupendous and He was much more verifiable than any former Messengers.

W3bcrowf3r

What prophecy?

Mountains don't really move, especially not on their own (think tectonic plates slamming into each other to form mountains).

Definitely not true as milk is formed in mammary glands.

That's not a very impressive prophesy if "belly" is the best it can do, given that's a bit obvious with "belly" being a broad term and pretty obvious given the bulge that forms in a pregnant woman's belly.

Scientifically, the best any of us can do is drool from out mouth, scratch our heads, and loudly proclaim "idunno." We don't need a god to explain the universe, but those like Sagan, Einstein, and Tyson won't claim theism or atheism.

Remember this is said 1400 years ago when the majority didn't even know how to read or write properly.

Space agency prophecy:
An English translation of the Quran - 55:33 O assembly of Jinn and mankind, if you can penetrate the boundaries of the heavens and the earth, then go ahead and penetrate. You will not penetrate without might.

Mountains, i didn't mean it like that, i mean, they actually move through tectonics pushing them up/down/left/right/front/back etc. while people in that age didn't know that:
An English translation of the Quran - 27:88 And you see the mountains, you think they are solid, while they are passing by like the clouds. The making of God who perfected everything. He is Expert over what you do.

Sorry, my description was wrong, i mean not just 'belly', anyways, scientists started believing in the Quran when they did research it and see how a 1400 year Book was giving that information:
An English translation of the Quran - 23:12 And We have created man from an extract from clay. 23:13 Then We made him a seed in a safe lodging. 23:14 Then We created the seed into an embryo, then We created the embryo into a fetus, then We created the fetus into bone, then We covered the bone with flesh, then We brought forth a new creation. So glory be to God, the best of creators.

And umm most scientists i know where reading the Bible. Einstein did believe in God, he was Jewish. Isaac Newton knew the Bible better then the majority of people living today.. So..