• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can this be right?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
"GLAAD has also raised alarms about two Spanish language television talk shows on Liberman Broadcasting.

"José Luis Sin Censura" and "El Show de María Laria," promote verbal abuse of and physical violence against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, GLAAD says.

The LGBT media watchdog said that the abuse, and violence escalated on Jan. 3 broadcasts of a new "José Luis Sin Censura" show and a re-run of "El Show de María Laria."

Hosts José Luis González and María Laria have long allowed audience members to use homophobic insults and have themselves made insensitive and defamatory remarks about LGBT people. Both programs regularly broadcast defamatory epithets such as "puñales [******]," "joto [******]," "maricón [******]," "marimacha [dyke]," and others. Other comments made on the shows include "a bisexual person is someone who has not recognized yet that he is gay," "people are confused when they are homosexual," "you should take an AIDS test because all of these guys have AIDS," and "you man, transvestite or thing. I just don't know what you are."

During the Jan. 3 re-run, María Laria goaded a transgender panelist to lift her skirt to verify whether the woman had undergone a sex change and then laughed about it.

In addition to the cruel ridicule of LGBT guests, the talk shows have taken the abuse a step further by allowing physical violence, GLAAD said. González and Laria permit audience members and panelists to beat, hit and insult each other. On the Jan. 3 "José Luis Sin Censura," an audience member beat and dragged a gay man across the entire length of the stage before González signaled his guards to stop him. This occurred after the man, a guest on the show, confessed his love for a male friend."

Entire article here.

I was absolutely horrified when I read this article this morning...how can people condone this kind of behaviour, let alone broadcast it on tv? :(

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Part of me isn't surprised. Maybe it's from the horrible headache, but the first thing I wondered about was the usage of three different words to mean "******." I can't help but wonder why each of them mean the same thing.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I wondered about that too, Jensa. I know some languages have different words that mean the same thing, but are different levels of politeness...can't imagine there being a polite way of calling someone a "******".

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Heh. True, that. Maybe they describe different types of homosexuality? "Well, you have your girly gay, your flamboyant gay, your closeted gay..."

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
That's got to be one of the sickest TV shows I've ever heard of, and until now I thought Bill O'Reilly was bad.