• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can the Jew reject, Jesus, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah?

Skywalker

That is impossible because physical bodies decompose rapidly. That means that Jesus got a spiritual body after He died physically.

Jesus kept his spiritual body and he was resurrected with his physical body too. Did the New Testament Writers Merely Copy Pagan Myths?

the only known account of a god surviving death that predates Christianity is the Egyptian cult god Osiris. In this myth, Osiris is cut into fourteen pieces, scattered around Egypt, then reassembled and brought back to life by the goddess Isis. However, Osiris does not actually come back to physical life but becomes a member of a shadowy underworld. As Habermas and Licona observe, “This is far different than Jesus’ resurrection account where he was the gloriously risen Prince of life who was seen by others on earth before his ascension into heaven.”

Skywalker

Except you have already been informed that Isaiah 53 is about Israel, not the Messiah.

What do you think it means in the context of Isaiah 53 that the servant will prolong his days? I believe that it's a reference to Jesus resurrecting after he died on the cross.

Isaiah 53: 4-7

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

10-11

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life and be satisfied;
by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities

Skywalker

The verse didn't talk about Jesus at all or the suffering servant.

If you meant my post about Isaiah 49:5, the idea of the Messiah being a Savior existed before Jesus came. Around the time that Simon died in 4 BCE, someone whose supporters believed he was a messianic figure, the doctrine of the humiliation, suffering and death of the Messiah existed.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What do you think it means in the context of Isaiah 53 that the servant will prolong his days? I believe that it's a reference to Jesus resurrecting after he died on the cross.

Isaiah 53: 4-7
These verses do not speak to your point.

But let's talk about your next set:

Verse 10 does NOT necessarily HAVE to be read as dying. It could simply be read as having his life devoted. After all, verse 11 only talks of suffering and knowledge. No where is the word death or die used.

But lets assume for the sake of argument that it refers to the People of Israel dying. Then prolonging his days simply refers to the resurrection.

IndigoChild5559

If you meant my post about Isaiah 49:5, the idea of the Messiah being a Savior existed before Jesus came. Around the time that Simon died in 4 BCE, someone whose supporters believed he was a messianic figure, the doctrine of the humiliation, suffering and death of the Messiah existed.
Isaiah 49:5 refers to Isaiah

Skywalker

These verses do not speak to your point.

But let's talk about your next set:

Verse 10 does NOT necessarily HAVE to be read as dying. It could simply be read as having his life devoted. After all, verse 11 only talks of suffering and knowledge. No where is the word death or die used.

But lets assume for the sake of argument that it refers to the People of Israel dying. Then prolonging his days simply refers to the resurrection.

After the righteous servant suffers, he will justify many. Justified sounds like just as if i never sinned. The Messiah being their iniquities after he suffers is not a contradiction with the idea of Jesus being the Messiah, because by looking back at his past suffering, they look back at when Jesus bore their iniquities.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A Jew. One human.
Jews group of humans.

Jesus one human.
Muhammad one human.
Bab one human.

Jew said sacrifice and miracles happened to mass of Jews. All humans harmed advice.

Jesus status one self.
Mohammad one self.
Bab one self. Reason to argue.

Human mentality it's own problem.

One human holy.
Group of humans invented and agreed satanic science thesis
Group hurt the holy human one self.

Why we argue.

IndigoChild5559

After the righteous servant suffers, he will justify many. Justified sounds like just as if i never sinned. The Messiah being their iniquities after he suffers is not a contradiction with the idea of Jesus being the Messiah, because by looking back at his past suffering, they look back at when Jesus bore their iniquities.
When the obedient faithful remnant of Israel suffer, it is vicarious suffering. You should look up that phrase, vicarious suffering. It is good to become familiar with it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus kept his spiritual body and he was resurrected with his physical body too.
Paul said there are two kinds of bodies and they are different. Jesus could not have both a physical body and a spiritual body because they are mutually exclusive kinds of bodies.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

Skywalker

Paul said there are two kinds of bodies and they are different. Jesus could not have both a physical body and a spiritual body because they are mutually exclusive kinds of bodies.

1 Corinthians 15:35-58 New Living Translation

40 There are also bodies in the heavens and bodies on the earth. The glory of the heavenly bodies is different from the glory of the earthly bodies.

44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.

At the resurrection people will have both physical and spiritual bodies. Resurrection: Literal or Merely Symbolic?

The Literal Resurrection Affirmed
But the evidence for Jesus’ bodily resurrection is overwhelming. The Lord himself declared: “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Subsequently, an inspired apostle informs us: “He spoke of the temple of his body” (Jn. 2:19, 21). Raise it up ... his body. This is too plain to misunderstand.

Only a perverse mind would so twist the Scriptures as to conclude that the resurrection was merely “spiritual.” The bodily resurrection of Jesus is the best-attested fact of human history.

The truth is, Paul shows that the future resurrection of Christians will be of the same nature as the resurrection of Christ (1 Cor. 15:15-20).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
At the resurrection people will have both physical and spiritual bodies. Resurrection: Literal or Merely Symbolic?
"The bodily resurrection of Jesus is the best-attested fact of human history."

Fact ??????? :rolleyes:

NOTHING could be further from the truth. The bodily resurrection is fictional stories, nothing that ever happened in reality.

That is why only Christians "believe" it. If it was a FACT, there would be proof and everyone would KNOW it. There would be information about it if it was a fact. Stories men made up are not information.

fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:
fact

"But the evidence for Jesus’ bodily resurrection is overwhelming. The Lord himself declared: “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Jesus was not referring to His body, that was a misinterpretation of the scripture.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

The Temple here is the Word of God.
The 3 day period is a time of turmoil where the Disciples needed Faith to carry on, the body of Jesus had gone and they needed to find Faith in Spirit to carry on with what Jesus the Christ had instructed them to do.

Last edited:

Skywalker

"The bodily resurrection of Jesus is the best-attested fact of human history."

Fact ??????? :rolleyes:

NOTHING could be further from the truth. The bodily resurrection is fictional stories, nothing that ever happened in reality.

That is why only Christians "believe" it. If it was a FACT, there would be proof and everyone would KNOW it. There would be information about it if it was a fact. Stories men made up are not information.

fact: something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information:
fact

"But the evidence for Jesus’ bodily resurrection is overwhelming. The Lord himself declared: “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Jesus was not referring to His body, that was a compete misinterpretation of the scripture.

John 2:19

The Temple here is the Word of God.
The 3 day period is a time of turmoil where the Disciples needed Faith to carry on, the body of Jesus had gone and they needed to find Faith in Spirit to carry on with what Jesus the Christ had instructed them to do.

The Bible and scholars mention that the disciples believed they saw the risen Jesus. 5 Facts Concerning Jesus’ Resurrection Most Scholars Agree With | Reasons for Jesus

As surprising as it may sound, Habermas and Licona write, “There is a virtual consensus among scholars who study Jesus’ resurrection that, subsequent to Jesus’ death by crucifixion, his disciples really believed that he appeared to them risen from the dead” (Habermas & Licona 2004, 49).

Again, all the gospels present Jesus as risen from the dead. While the authenticity of Mark’s ending after 16:8 is disputed, Mark still presents Jesus as risen and assumes that Jesus would…and in fact did…meet with the disciples after the resurrection.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well I don't know Bahai teaching but certainly Christians do and Jews don't.

The OP to me was answered early in the OP.

The answer I see is that the Jew is happy and content in their Faith, thus stay strong and firm in that faith with no need to look outside of that faith.

Would that be a fair deduction?

Thus personally, I just wish them one and all much happiness and service to each other.

Regards Tony