• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can the Jew reject, Jesus, Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Trailblazer said:
How many more years are you going to cover this same old tired ground,

I guess what I said flew right over your head.
If I repeat myself it is only because I am responding to a post someone posted to me, and different people post to me. By contrast you just keep asking and saying the same things over and over and over again after I have responded to them over and over and over again.

In case you have not noticed there are no Bahais left here who will even respond to the things you have said over and over and over and over again,.
And is that the Baha'i way of doing things. If a person questions the Faith too much... ignore him? You, the Baha'is, say to personally investigate the truth. When I do and question the Baha'i Faith's version of the truth I get the non-answer run around.

So far, not one Baha'i can give me a reason why Baha'is start the 2300 days from 456BC. Not one Baha'is can answer that, so ignore it and hope I go away. Or, complain about being asked the same question over and over? This is potentially Baha'is manipulating prophecies to make themselves and their prophet the true Messiah. If they have manipulated it, and can't give a good reason why they have done it, then maybe their is a problem with their prophet being the true Messiah. Maybe your prophet hasn't fulfilled "all" the prophecies. And then what do you do? You say that prophecies don't matter anyway. Great answer.

If Baha'is don't have convincing answers, then why should people believe them? That is the problem. And it is not good enough for you to say that you have proven it to yourself. You have admitted not knowing the Bible and other Scriptures very well. But you continue to debate/argue/discuss/push your beliefs about what Baha'is believe about the other Scriptures. But no other Baha'i pushes those verses from the Gospel of John like you. If Jesus says his work is "finished" then, to you, that must be the literal and exact words and the exact meaning that Jesus wanted to get across. In other verses, though, like the "flesh" and "bones" one, the gospel writers made that one up? What ever you don't take literally you say are just "stories"?

There is so much to doubt and question about religion, even yours. Sorry, that I have troubled you and the other Baha'is.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
It's worse than that. If the interpretation is Jewish, it's not simply that the interpretation is wrong, it's a satanic delusion. They demonize Jewish people.
But the good news is... they don't believe in Satan. Satan, to them, is our lower, animal nature. So your wrong, in their opinion, Jewish interpretation isn't coming from a higher, spiritual place. It is coming from your corrupt, evil, selfish, lower, greed self. There, now isn't that better?

But actually, I kind of see what the Baha'is are trying to do. Each religion thinks they have the truth. Within each religion there are sects and other factions that think they have the truth. These different beliefs, and they all can't be right, keep people divided and fighting and arguing with each other over words and how those words are interpreted. So to solve the problem, Baha'is have come up with a brilliant solution. All the interpretations of all the Scriptures in all the religions are wrong. Maybe even the Scriptures themselves aren't all that true and accurate. So for the sake of peace and unity, it is best that all the people in all the other religions drop there beliefs based on their interpretations of their own Scriptures, and believe and accept what Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith says about your religion and your Scriptures.

Originally, it was The Truth. Your religion did come from God, but God has a new, better message. Don't hang on to those old beliefs... since Baha'is will tell you how those beliefs are wrong anyway... but let them go. Come to the light. It is a new day dawning. Fall inline with following the infallible messenger from God and his son and his grand-son and the UHJ. The new laws are the medicine to fix the disease of today. At least that what they tell me... And if you say that is being kind of "preachy"? No, it is not, because Baha'is "share" the Truth. They don't preach it or force it. It is your choice to stay in your old religion and fumble around in the dark trying to follow outdated laws and beliefs. Or join a new religion with a plan to heal the world and bring all people of all colors and all religions into one big happy family. Sorry, that sounds preachy again.

Anyway, way back when you said "I'll bite". Do you remember what that was about? Was it the claim that all the prophecies have been fulfilled or something? What did you learn?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Anyway, way back when you said "I'll bite". Do you remember what that was about? Was it the claim that all the prophecies have been fulfilled or something? What did you learn?
Sure I remember. TB said that Jewish people refuse to consider other interpretations of their scripture. I said, I'll bite, what other interpretation should I consider?

I learned that whether or not Bahaullah is the Messiah from the Torah is actually irrelevant. The prophecies that Baha'i claim for Bahaullah as fulfilled don't describe a savior. Even if I accept their interpretation of Jewish scripture, it doesn't have any impact on whether or not I should change anything about my current beliefs or religious practice.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
they don't believe in Satan. Satan, to them, is our lower, animal nature. So your wrong, in their opinion, Jewish interpretation isn't coming from a higher, spiritual place. It is coming from your corrupt, evil, selfish, lower, greed self. There, now isn't that better?
The target audience of The Book of Certitude **did** believe in Satan. The book was written to a Muslim as proof that Bahaullah was the messiah. Part of that proof was using the word "satanic" to describe the denial of Jesus by Jewish people. Changing the meaning of the word satanic is taking the Book of Certitude out of its historical context.

Besides, it's completely rational for Jewish people to deny Jesus as the Jewish messiah in the mid 1800s based on the Christian bible and the behavior of Christians. Ignoring the label satanic and simply calling the entire nation deluded simply because they rationally deny a false Messiah is wrong.
But actually, I kind of see what the Baha'is are trying to do. Each religion thinks they have the truth. Within each religion there are sects and other factions that think they have the truth. These different beliefs, and they all can't be right, keep people divided and fighting and arguing with each other over words and how those words are interpreted.
This is an imaginary problem. Jewish people simply want to practice our religion without interference. We're not fighting. We don't claim to have "the Truth". Baha'i incorrectly project this on us, but, we don't preach or proselytize.
Baha'is have come up with a brilliant solution.
No. A brilliant solution would be to discourage proselytizing, and stop trying to convince people that their old religions are somehow bad for no reason.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The target audience of The Book of Certitude **did** believe in Satan. The book was written to a Muslim as proof that Bahaullah was the messiah. Part of that proof was using the word "satanic" to describe the denial of Jesus by Jewish people. Changing the meaning of the word satanic is taking the Book of Certitude out of its historical context.
Here's the quote in context.

Israel, wrapt in the densest veils of satanic fancy and false imaginings, is still expectant that the idol of her own handiwork will appear with such signs as she herself hath conceived! Thus hath God laid hold of them for their sins, hath extinguished in them the spirit of faith, and tormented them with the flames of the nethermost fire.
Satanic... tormented in the flames of nethermost fire... That's clearly referencing concepts of Satan and Hellfire from the Qur'an.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Okay thanks, but I see they did not reference where they got this information. I think there are a lot of different ideas regarding who were actually Manifestations of God, so maybe some Baha'i should write to the UHJ and try to pin this down. One thing that is in the Writings is that there have been Messengers who were not Manifestations of God, and interestingly, I just received this article in my e-mail today:

Spiritual Messengers: Unto the Cities of All Nations

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Here's the quote in context.

Israel, wrapt in the densest veils of satanic fancy and false imaginings, is still expectant that the idol of her own handiwork will appear with such signs as she herself hath conceived! Thus hath God laid hold of them for their sins, hath extinguished in them the spirit of faith, and tormented them with the flames of the nethermost fire.
Satanic... tormented in the flames of nethermost fire... That's clearly referencing concepts of Satan and Hellfire from the Qur'an.
Maybe so, as Baha'u'llah was born and raised as a Muslim.
He had some other things to say about hell, but I don't think you would want to see them.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Changing the meaning of the word satanic is taking the Book of Certitude out of its historical context.
I do not know what Muslims believe about Satan, whether they believe he was an actual "being" as Christians believe, but Baha'is do not believe that there is a being called Satan. As such, Satanic fancies means our lower selfish nature, the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside.
This is an imaginary problem. Jewish people simply want to practice our religion without interference. We're not fighting. We don't claim to have "the Truth". Baha'i incorrectly project this on us, but, we don't preach or proselytize.
It is also an imaginary problem that Baha'is are trying to convert anyone or make them believe what we believe, just because we "share" our beliefs on a public forum. If Jews do not claim to have "the only true religion or the only true God" that means that other religions are also true and also worship the one true God. Logic will not accommodate any other conclusion.
No. A brilliant solution would be to discourage proselytizing, and stop trying to convince people that their old religions are somehow bad for no reason.
Baha'is are not saying that older religions are "bad." At most we say that we believe their dispensations have been abrogated, but the religions themselves will never be abrogated. That was explained by the Guardian Shoghi Effendi:

Fundamental Principle of Religious Truth

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The prophecies that Baha'i claim for Bahaullah as fulfilled don't describe a savior.
Just to let you know, that is what Baha'u'llah meant when He said "Israel, wrapt in the densest veils of satanic fancy and false imaginings, is still expectant that the idol of her own handiwork will appear with such signs as she herself hath conceived!"

The idol of your own handiwork is the Messiah as you imagine He will be, rather than who He really is. You imagine the Messiah will be a Savior, according to how you have interpreted your scriptures, but I could read your scriptures and come up with a totally different interpretation.

Satanic fancy refers the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So again, in this non-debate, you win. When a Baha'i is wrong it is a misinterpretation. When it's questionable, the other person's interpretation is wrong. And when it comes down to who has The Truth, Baha'is are always right, because Baha'u'llah is the manifestation for today, therefore, whatever he says is true and correct. If other religions have contradictory beliefs to the Baha'i Faith, those other religions are the ones that are wrong. You don't have to try and "win"... it's automatic. You've won before you start.
You are making it about winning, but I have no need to win. I just state what I believe, so if I believe an interpretation is incorrect, I am going to say that.

"Baha'is are always right, because Baha'u'llah is the manifestation for today," You are constantly making this into a contest about who us right and who is wrong but it is not about right and wrong. If Baha'u'llah is the Manifestation of God for this day, He is, but that does not make all the older religions wrong, it just means we have a newer religion. How is that our fault that we believe in the newer religion?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It is also an imaginary problem that Baha'is are trying to convert anyone or make them believe what we believe, just because we "share" our beliefs on a public forum.

Please remember what you said:

Another thing Jews do not realize is that Jesus was indeed a Messiah,

the Jews were responsible for recognizing Jesus when He appeared, just as they were responsible for recognizing Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah when they appeared, and that is why Baha'u'llah came down so hard upon the Jews in His Writings.

religious believers obligated to accept all the religions that were revealed by the one true God. But the problem is that even when they are told that there is only one true God who revealed all the religions, most people STILL reject that teaching and cling to their older religion.

These posts are examples of preaching, trying to convince Jewish people and others that your religion is the only one that's correct.
I do not know what Muslims believe about Satan, whether they believe he was an actual "being" as Christians believe, but Baha'is do not believe that there is a being called Satan. As such, Satanic fancies means our lower selfish nature, the evil ego within us, not an evil personality outside.
It's not selfish or part of the evil ego to reject Jesus. The Baha'i scripture is blatantly bigoted against Jewish people.
Baha'is are [not] saying that older religions are "bad." At most we say that we believe their dispensations have been abrogated, but the religions themselves will never be abrogated.
Specific reasons need to be given why any of the older religions should be updated. Without giving reasons, abrogating them is arbitrary and bigoted.
Just to let you know, that is what Baha'u'llah meant when He said "Israel, wrapt in the densest veils of satanic fancy and false imaginings, is still expectant that the idol of her own handiwork will appear with such signs as she herself hath conceived!"

The idol of your own handiwork is the Messiah as you imagine He will be, rather than who He really is. You imagine the Messiah will be a Savior, according to how you have interpreted your scriptures, but I could read your scriptures and come up with a totally different interpretation.

1) The word Messiah means "savior". Baha'u'llah doesn't fulfill any prophecies where he is saving anyone. That makes him insignificant as a savior, as a Messiah.
2) The Jewish Messiah as described in Jewish myth and legend is not an idol. That's a completely false insulting misrepresetnation.
3) There is absolutely nothing evil or egotistical about the Jewish approach to the Messiah. It's different, but Baha'i scripture demonizes this difference.

It's a bigoted, prejudiced belief.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And is that the Baha'i way of doing things. If a person questions the Faith too much... ignore him? You, the Baha'is, say to personally investigate the truth. When I do and question the Baha'i Faith's version of the truth I get the non-answer run around.
That is so unfair and it is unjust. I never ignore any of your posts. I answer all your posts and I spend a lot of time answering them. I have no issue with your questions, I just get tired of the same questions over and over again, after I have either answered them or told you I do not have the answer.
So far, not one Baha'i can give me a reason why Baha'is start the 2300 days from 456BC. Not one Baha'is can answer that, so ignore it and hope I go away. Or, complain about being asked the same question over and over?
I am the only Bahai who has even been trying to answer you, but I cannot help you because I don't know how, so I think it is really mean for you to keep goading me as if I can help and I am just trying to get out of it, I even e-mailed my friend Duane (Truthseeker9) on your behalf, and asked him to answer you, but all he did was send me an e-mail which I will pass along. He wrote:

I know what you mean. Abdu'l-Baha says this after saying the prophecy begins in 457 B.C.:

Therefore, from the date of the edict of Artaxerxes to rebuild Jerusalem until the day of the birth of Christ there are 456 years, and from the birth of Christ until the day of the advent of the Báb there are 1,844 years, and if 456 years are added to this number it makes 2,300 years.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, "Some Answered Questions", 10.16

I don't know why He said it that way. The explanation is that there is no year zero, only 1 B.C. and 1 A.D. and nothing in between. There are 456 years from 457 B.C. to 1 B.C. Then there are 1844 years between 1 B.C. and 1844, because there is no year zero there. 'Abdu'l-Baha is not stupid, so I don't know why He expressed it that way. Sorry, I didn't know that was the problem.​

Then I asked him what he meant and to explain further but i have not heard back from him yet.
This is potentially Baha'is manipulating prophecies to make themselves and their prophet the true Messiah. If they have manipulated it, and can't give a good reason why they have done it, then maybe their is a problem with their prophet being the true Messiah. Maybe your prophet hasn't fulfilled "all" the prophecies. And then what do you do? You say that prophecies don't matter anyway. Great answer.
That is an unfair accusation, that Baha'is have manipulated that prophecy to make Baha'u'llah into the Messiah. That prophecy of Daniel does not even matter because Baha'u'llah has fulfilled all the other prophecies, as William Sears clearly demonstrated. I do not care if you do not believe that, you will always find a reason to say that He didn't really fulfill them, just like the Jews and the Christians.
If Baha'is don't have convincing answers, then why should people believe them? That is the problem. And it is not good enough for you to say that you have proven it to yourself.
Nobody is asking you or anyone else to believe in the Baha'i Faith, or expecting them to. We are not trying to convince anyone of anything. Baha'u'llah wrote that the faith of no man can be conditioned by anyone except himself, and He meant it cannot be determined by anyone except oneself.

It IS good enough for me to say I have proven it to myself because I am only responsible for myself, not anyone else. As a Baha'i, I am only responsible to tell people that Baha'u'llah has come and answer questions if people are interested in hearing more, and I have more than lived up to my duty. In fact, I have given up everything I might want for myself in life in order to fulfill my duty.

I am sorry that you still do not understand things that I have explained over and over again. I cannot make you understand the difference between literal and metaphorical and why it is obvious when it is one or the other. I cannot make you understand religion as a process which is all we mean by progressive revelation. Much of this involves the application of logic and common sense.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, sorry, that definition will not work because a dispensation can never be abolished since it would be like saying that history can be abolished.

Below are the passages that explain what Baha'is actually believe.

“In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures, disclaims any intention of lowering the status of their Founders or of abating the spiritual ideals they inculcate, clarifies and correlates their functions, reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose, reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations, supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast evolving and constantly changing society, and proclaims its readiness and ability to fuse and incorporate the contending sects and factions into which they have fallen into a universal Fellowship, functioning within the framework, and in accordance with the precepts, of a divinely conceived, a world-unifying, a world-redeeming Order.” God Passes By, p. 100

However, it was only the former Dispensations that have been abrogated. The religions themselves have not been abrogated.

“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
No, sorry, that definition will not work because a dispensation can never be abolished since it would be like saying that history can be abolished.
Most respectfully, please provide an alternative definition? Then please provide specific reasons why Judaism needs to be abrogated.
“In conclusion of this theme, I feel, it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it, upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, preserves inviolate the sanctity of their authentic Scriptures, disclaims any intention of lowering the status of their Founders or of abating the spiritual ideals they inculcate, clarifies and correlates their functions, reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose, reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations, supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast evolving and constantly changing society, and proclaims its readiness and ability to fuse and incorporate the contending sects and factions into which they have fallen into a universal Fellowship, functioning within the framework, and in accordance with the precepts, of a divinely conceived, a world-unifying, a world-redeeming Order.” God Passes By, p. 100

However, it was only the former Dispensations that have been abrogated. The religions themselves have not been abrogated.

“Let no one, however, mistake my purpose. The Revelation, of which Bahá’u’lláh is the source and center, abrogates none of the religions that have preceded it, nor does it attempt, in the slightest degree, to distort their features or to belittle their value. It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose. It is neither eclectic in the presentation of its truths, nor arrogant in the affirmation of its claims. Its teachings revolve around the fundamental principle that religious truth is not absolute but relative, that Divine Revelation is progressive, not final. Unequivocally and without the least reservation it proclaims all established religions to be divine in origin, identical in their aims, complementary in their functions, continuous in their purpose, indispensable in their value to mankind.” The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh, pp, 57-58

What I'm reading above is: Baha'i are reinterpreting the world's religions without any cause other than, your religion is old, my religion is new.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
These posts are examples of preaching, trying to convince Jewish people and others that your religion is the only one that's correct.
No, I am NOT trying to convince anyone of anything, and it is arrogant for you to attribute motives to other people.
You have no idea why I write what I write. All I do is answer posts with what I believe, just like other people, but because I am a Baha’i, I am targeted by certain people who do not like Baha'is. I see nobody criticizing the Jews or their beliefs, it is always the Baha'is. Stating what we believe, which is different from Jewish beliefs, is not criticism, you just turned it into that in your mind.
It's not selfish or part of the evil ego to reject Jesus. The Baha'i scripture is blatantly bigoted against Jewish people.
No, the Baha’i scripture is not bigoted against any people, but I will address that in the other posts I wrote last night.
Specific reasons need to be given why any of the older religions should be updated. Without giving reasons, abrogating them is arbitrary and bigoted.
I am not the one who decides if dispensations (not religions) should be abrogated, God decides that. Then God sends a new Messenger. Baha’u’llah gave the reasons why the previous dispensations were abrogated and it is not arbitrary, as God does not do things that are arbitrary.
1) The word Messiah means "savior". Baha'u'llah doesn't fulfill any prophecies where he is saving anyone. That makes him insignificant as a savior, as a Messiah.
You are free to believe that if you want to, but Baha’u’llah came to save the whole world, and He did.
2) The Jewish Messiah as described in Jewish myth and legend is not an idol. That's a completely false insulting misrepresentation.
Nobody represented the Jewish Messiah as such so that is a straw man.
3) There is absolutely nothing evil or egotistical about the Jewish approach to the Messiah. It's different, but Baha'i scripture demonizes this difference.

It's a bigoted, prejudiced belief.
That is all a straw man you have created. The Baha’i scripture does not demonize anything or anyone. As always, it is all in how you interpret the scripture, what you believe it means, and since you are not a Baha’i you do not know what it means. I explained what it means but you do not accept my explanation, because you think you know more than I do about my own religion.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member

Besides, it's completely rational for Jewish people to deny Jesus as the Jewish messiah in the mid 1800s based on the Christian bible and the behavior of Christians. Ignoring the label satanic and simply calling the entire nation deluded simply because they rationally deny a false Messiah is wrong.

What is strange is they deny they are doing that. And, in their mind, they think they have a reason. And it's not a good one... It's...
I wouldn't be surprised if similar things aren't said about all the other religions. Of course at the same time saying how wonderful the Bible is.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
No, I am NOT trying to convince anyone of anything, and it is arrogant for you to attribute motives to other people. You have no idea why I write what I write. All I do is answer posts with what I believe, just like other people, but because I am a Baha’i, I am targeted.
Nonsense. It has nothing to do with being Baha'i. It's preachy for anyone to tell other people what their obligations are.
No, the Baha’i scripture is not bigoted against any people, but I will address that in the other posts I wrote last night.
Yes. This idea that Jewish people are egotistical because they reject Jesus is completely bigoted. We have good rational reasons fo rejecting Jesus. It's not our evil lower self. That's slander and it's written in Baha'i scripture which is deemed infallible.
You are free to believe that if you want to, but Baha’u’llah came to save the whole world, and He did.
" ... and He did ... " Show me some examples.
Nobody represented the Jewish Messiah as such so that is a straw man
It's not a strawman. Here's what Baha’u’llah said. You'll notice that it's a quote from you.

You're being dishonest. The Jewish Messiah, per the quote above, is an idol. That's a completely false insulting misprepresntation of the Jewish Messiah. It's not an idol. No strawman.
That is all a straw man you have created. The Baha’i scripture does not demonize anything or anyone. As always, it is all in how you interpret the scripture, what you believe it means, and since you are not a Baha’i you do not know what it means. I explained what it means but you do not accept my explanation, because you think you know more than I do about my own religion.
You're being dishonest. It's not a strawman. It's quoted above. Baha'i scripture demonizes Jewish people for denying that Jesus is our Messiah. Here's the quote from your scripture again since you are denying reality.

These people of Israel are even unto the present day still expecting that Manifestation which the Bible hath foretold! How many Manifestations of Holiness, how many Revealers of the light everlasting, have appeared since the time of Moses, and yet Israel, wrapt in the densest veils of satanic fancy and false imaginings, is still expectant that the idol of her own handiwork will appear with such signs as she herself hath conceived! Thus hath God laid hold of them for their sins, hath extinguished in them the spirit of faith, and tormented them with the flames of the nethermost fire. And this for no other reason except that Israel refused to apprehend the meaning of such words as have been revealed in the Bible concerning the signs of the coming Revelation.
You said:

Therefore, the quote above means all Jewish people who deny Jesus and the other Baha'i defined messengers are wrapped in the densest veils of theor own evil ego. That's demonizing Jewish people based on the logical rational conclusion that Jesus is not our Messiah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Most respectfully, please provide an alternative definition? Then please provide specific reasons why Judaism needs to be abrogated.
I do not know why you think this is targeted at Judaism. Shoghi Effendi wrote it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Bahá’u’lláh abrogates unconditionally all the Dispensations gone before it,

AGAIN, it is not the religion of Judaism that "we believe" has been abrogated, it is the Dispensation of Moses.

Dispensation

1. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
  2. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
  3. a divinely appointed order or age:
e.g. the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

Definition of dispensation | Dictionary.com

Baha'is believe that by an arrangement of God the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is only according to one religion at a time. Thus each religion only applies to the age (dispensation) in which it is revealed.

Once a Messenger of God has completed His Mission on earth, what He revealed is pertinent only until the next Messenger of God appears. Moreover, every time God sends a new Messenger, His Revelation abrogates all the Revelations that came before it and the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is according to the religion that He establishes. That means that the divine ordering of the affairs of the world is through the latest Messenger of God. I believe that Messenger was Baha'u'llah.
What I'm reading above is: Baha'i are reinterpreting the world's religions without any cause other than, your religion is old, my religion is new.
No, we are not reinterpreting anyone's religion nor are we saying that our religion is "better" just because it is newer. Shoghi Effendi wrote about the Bahai Faith that.....

"It disclaims any intention of dwarfing any of the Prophets of the past, or of whittling down the eternal verity of their teachings. It can, in no wise, conflict with the spirit that animates their claims, nor does it seek to undermine the basis of any man’s allegiance to their cause. Its declared, its primary purpose is to enable every adherent of these Faiths to obtain a fuller understanding of the religion with which he stands identified, and to acquire a clearer apprehension of its purpose." The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh