• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can morality exist without god?

waitasec

Veteran Member
No whats funny is that they should give more and they actually do so you invent a whole new requirement based on nothing and use it as evidence. Is there no claim so desperate and invalid that it won't be used by a critic?

whatever makes you feel better...
so stop complaining and wear your badge with some pride. make me want to believe instead of making me want to puke.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
And yet you have not demonstrated it was false.
Not that anyone is the least bit surprised at your chasing your own tail...
I refuse to believe you can't comprehend the simple and obviously factual claims I have made. You must be acting this way to compensate for the lack of an actual solid postion.

Seems you are confused.
Perhaps you should go back, read the conversation line again, and give it another shot?
Did my refference to a book completely loose you? I know that Christianity and it's relationship to a book are very little known. NOT. This was his statement given in the post: "I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."Since Hitler was more closely associated with the Catholic church than any other theological concept then his creator referrence is referring to the Christian God (That is the infinately more probable being referenced for creator than any other) Since the knowledge of that God and his requirements are contained in that little known book the bible, as far as he was concerned then his actions would have to be consistent with that book for his statement to be correct. Since his actions are the complete antithesis of what God commanded in the bible then it follows his statement was completely false. If you assume any other line of reasoning you are choosing the infinately less probable in order to win an argument by a technicality. An unkowable technicality at that. So I am sure that is exactly what you are doing. There is no value in it even if you could win a word fight by using an unrealistic technicality and leaving the infinately more probable reality untouched. Don't let that stop you though.

So, when are you going to demonstrate that Hitler's claims are false?
Or is this yet another time when you merely start back peddling, hoping no one notices?
Done a third time now.

You are either confused or should be nominated for an academy award...
I should get some kind of reward for haveing patience with someone who can't grasp a point as simple as this.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
whatever makes you feel better...
so stop complaining and wear your badge with some pride. make me want to believe instead of making me want to puke.
I have concluded that might be impossible at least for me. You are responsible for the condition of your heart not me. I can only supply information I can't choose the value and meaning of it for you.

I made the above response about an hour ago. On my way home I felt a little bad about it. I talked to God about it and (of course I am not claiming he told me what to do) I still felt bad when I got home so I will amend my statement now. Tell me what I could get you or show you that is within reason and that is available (I can't make an angel show up) and I promise to do my best to provide. I promise to only provide what I sincerely believe is true and will explain any confusion you have concerning it. Deal???

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
That was sure meaningful and worth the 4 seconds to create it. If not too much trouble could you please make this make sence.

tmp.jpg

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I refuse to believe you can't comprehend the simple and obviously factual claims I have made. You must be acting this way to compensate for the lack of an actual solid postion.

Did my refference to a book completely loose you? I know that Christianity and it's relationship to a book are very little known. NOT. This was his statement given in the post: "I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."Since Hitler was more closely associated with the Catholic church than any other theological concept then his creator referrence is referring to the Christian God (That is the infinately more probable being referenced for creator than any other) Since the knowledge of that God and his requirements are contained in that little known book the bible, as far as he was concerned then his actions would have to be consistent with that book for his statement to be correct. Since his actions are the complete antithesis of what God commanded in the bible then it follows his statement was completely false. If you assume any other line of reasoning you are choosing the infinately less probable in order to win an argument by a technicality. An unkowable technicality at that. So I am sure that is exactly what you are doing. There is no value in it even if you could win a word fight by using an unrealistic technicality and leaving the infinately more probable reality untouched. Don't let that stop you though.

Done a third time now.

I should get some kind of reward for haveing patience with someone who can't grasp a point as simple as this.
Since all you want to do is chase your own tail, and I am getting bored watching you chase your own tail, I am going to move on.

I do want to thank you for fully demonstrating and further proving my point.

waitasec

Veteran Member
I have concluded that might be impossible at least for me. You are responsible for the condition of your heart not me. I can only supply information I can't choose the value and meaning of it for you.
so if i were to agree with you, then i would assume you'd think my heart was in the right place

:rolleyes:

I made the above response about an hour ago. On my way home I felt a little bad about it. I talked to God about it and (of course I am not claiming he told me what to do) I still felt bad when I got home so I will amend my statement now. Tell me what I could get you or show you that is within reason and that is available (I can't make an angel show up) and I promise to do my best to provide. I promise to only provide what I sincerely believe is true and will explain any confusion you have concerning it. Deal???

well i can appreciate that.
if you expressed yourself as if you were speaking from a subjective POV rather then coming off as your truth is to be applied to everyone, i would take you more seriously.

Alceste

Vagabond
so if i were to agree with you, then i would assume you'd think my heart was in the right place

:rolleyes:

if you expressed yourself as if you were speaking from a subjective POV rather then coming off as your truth is to be applied to everyone, i would take you more seriously.

Hells, yes ! Whatever happened to good old-fashioned IMHO?

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Either that or your goofing off again and wasting yours and what is infinitely more valuable my time. What movie did the last part of my statement come from?

Are you saying that when given a blank check of sorts from a Christian the one thing you want most is for them to stop making claims consistent with scripture. I am bound to do many things in an effort to reach people, one of the few things I am to never do is do so inconsistently with scripture. If the bible is true then it does apply to everyone. I didn't invent that. I do not consider it an advantage to believe, it is quite simply true. I have stated over and over again I cannot nor could anyone prove God exists but to discuss the religion and it's implications I will always try to state what is consistent with it. If you don't like it's universality I am not the one who invented it. I will offer one last chance to ask anything reasonable that I could provide (consistent with scripture) that I can provide and it shall be done. If you have any genuine interest you should give a meaningful request. If not why are you here?

waitasec

Veteran Member
What movie did the last part of my statement come from?

this one?
I can only supply information I can't choose the value and meaning of it for you
the matrix?

Are you saying that when given a blank check of sorts from a Christian the one thing you want most is for them to stop making claims consistent with scripture. I am bound to do many things in an effort to reach people, one of the few things I am to never do is do so inconsistently with scripture. If the bible is true then it does apply to everyone.
you've got so much riding on that little word, "if"

I didn't invent that. I do not consider it an advantage to believe, it is quite simply true. I have stated over and over again I cannot nor could anyone prove God exists
lets be clear here, i am not asking you to prove god's existence.
i'm asking you to prove these attributes the bible claims are indeed gods attributes. do you understand the difference?

but to discuss the religion and it's implications I will always try to state what is consistent with it. If you don't like it's universality I am not the one who invented it.
then don't be so surprised when people don't take you seriously.
one a side note, you're not a PR person are you?

I will offer one last chance to ask anything reasonable that I could provide (consistent with scripture) that I can provide and it shall be done. If you have any genuine interest you should give a meaningful request. If not why are you here?

"i'm so lonely"
can you tell me what movie that line was from?

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Hey, 1robin - I know this thread kinda blew up over the past few days, so I wouldn't be surprised if you missed it, but I asked you some things in post 173 that I wouldn't mind hearing from you about:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2969390-post173.html

I'm still not clear on how invoking "God's nature" tells us anything about God-created morality. If you could chime in with how you think it does, I think that'd be helpful.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Hey, 1robin - I know this thread kinda blew up over the past few days, so I wouldn't be surprised if you missed it, but I asked you some things in post 173 that I wouldn't mind hearing from you about:

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2969390-post173.html

I'm still not clear on how invoking "God's nature" tells us anything about God-created morality. If you could chime in with how you think it does, I think that'd be helpful.
Very well, sorry. I have been busy lately I will do so as soon as I can.