• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can IQ be important when low IQ people live happier lives than high IQ?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Why do you assume drug addicts have low IQs?

I don't but I also know one thing about IQ -- like anything, you can decide not to use it. :D

Addictive drugs are just a completely dumb *** move, regardless of the why that they had been taken. Not even a fan in medical uses unless it's simply life or death.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Drug addicts for instance, i know so many heroin addicts etc who have active Facebook accounts and it keeps their mental health in check communicating with their social circle through Facebook. They even look happy when they put pics of their girlfriends and dogs and all the rest of it on there. You wouldn't even know these were low IQ people. They fit right in with society and seem just as happy and jovial as all the other normies on Facebook. The only time is that they use poor grammar and writing sometimes but that doesn't even matter. They are still happy and the lack of good spelling doesn't stop them enjoying life.

Now if these people know how to navigate a Facebook account which is their main source of happiness and good dopamine levels then how can low IQ have hindered them in life? Many high IQ older folks and upper class tear their hair out trying to keep up with technology yet a drug addict can make a facebook account and use it through his smart phone with no difficulty at all.

Low IQ seem much more happier than high IQ. You might call a rapper low IQ but yet he is happier than Jordan Peterson who is high IQ but always looks depressed and tired and miserable.
Drugs addicts have low IQs? Who says?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I'd rather live the life of happiness and positivity like women, drug addicts, tattooed people or whatever supposedly low IQ people do than the dreary depressing lonely life that a lot of intellectuals do.

In regard to the title of the OP, it's simply ignorance is bliss. :D

Of course, that doesn't mean that all of the problems don't exist still just that you lack the awareness to reflect on them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyone using 'mewling' in context has an IQ of at least 72. Admit it. You were guilding the Lily.
I know my IQ is less than 70 cuz a friend (who is smarter than I) was
tested as a child by concerned parents. He scored 70, as I recall.
I know that geology isn't a real science, but he has a PhD in it.
And I'm only an engineer with only a masters....I'm lucky that
I find occasional work cutting grass & unclogging toilets.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I know my IQ is less than 70 cuz a friend (who is smarter than I) was
tested as a child by concerned parents. He scored 70, as I recall.
I know that geology isn't a real science, but he has a PhD in it.
And I'm only an engineer with only a masters....I'm lucky that
I find occasional work cutting grass & unclogging toilets.

Hmm...geology might not be a real science, but I'm a psych major, which is about as pseudo science as it gets before crossing into woo woo territory.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Funny thing, that. I am actually a mouth breather. Never quite got why that's tied to intelligence but whatevs.
It's a tautology of sorts....
We who breath thru mouths which are slack of jaw
would lack the brainpower to perceive our lack.
Thus we proceed thru life unaware of our lot.