• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can I show my Solidarity with Israel?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Of course, RevoltingOne, however if one thinks that "Whatever the bureaucratic structure of the government decides to do with my money is beyond my control or care", it is a tad absurd to say that paying your taxes will somehow show your solidarity with Israel.

Another may find that the tax money they pay is in line with how they would spend it. I was saying that, personally, how my tax money is spent is beyond my control and care. Others may have a different perspective, and if your perspective is that you would like to financially support Israel, then paying your taxes achieves this goal. Clearer now?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Another may find that the tax money they pay is in line with how they would spend it. I was saying that, personally, how my tax money is spent is beyond my control and care. Others may have a different perspective, and if your perspective is that you would like to financially support Israel, then paying your taxes achieves this goal. Clearer now?
In a weird, convoluted sort of way. I pretty well got that the first time. :flirt:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yeah, I was somewhat stunned to find out that the two largest recipients of military aid from the US share a border. Egypt and Israel. Why would you arm both sides?
My assumption is so they can make money off both sides. Someone has to supply arms to make it a conflict, so of course it seems natural that America would jump at an insatiable market.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Good thing we don't have taxes here so I know exactly where my money goes; computers and video games :p

Um, is Israel in a financial crisis or something to be supported? I'm confused :confused:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yeah, I was somewhat stunned to find out that the two largest recipients of military aid from the US share a border. Egypt and Israel. Why would you arm both sides?

We support Israel to placate the Zionist base and keep a proxy army near the oil fields. We support Egypt to stop them invading Israel. We funnel the money through US weapons manufacturers to keep the taxpayer funded corporate gravy train funded.

It's pretty evil really and more European people know about it than USonian people.:confused:

Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We support Israel to placate the Zionist base and keep a proxy army near the oil fields. We support Egypt to stop them invading Israel. We funnel the money through US weapons manufacturers to keep the taxpayer funded corporate gravy train funded.

It's pretty evil really and more European people know about it than USonian people.:confused:

Tom
Sad thing is, it seems Europeans in general know far more about American events and business than Americans in general do.