• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can I show my Solidarity with Israel?

Phil25

How can I show my Solidarity with Israel? There is the movement called BDS that aims to boycott and sanction Israel. It seems to have a gathered quiete a support . I remember during Jyllands Mohamad cartoons Controversy in Denmak Jyllands-Posten Muhammad cartoons controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Denmark was boycotted by many Muslim countries, and during that time, My uncle bought some Lego sets(A Danish Company), saying it was his way of showing support to Denmark. It sounds a bit crazy, I know. But how can I shw my support for Israel, in a PRACTICAL WAY?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just keep paying your taxes.
Yeah. If your American, that choice was already made for you. You may not realize it, but you have been a life long supporter. Much like you're also a supporter of a many groups that want to blow it up. Gotta love the way American politicians think.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Just keep paying your taxes.
The rub is that your taxes are now going to support Hamas, a terrorist organization, recognized as such by your own government, due to the Hamas joining with Fatah in their nifty "unity" government.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Yeah. If your American, that choice was already made for you. You may not realize it, but you have been a life long supporter. Much like you're also a supporter of a many groups that want to blow it up. Gotta love the way American politicians think.

I see little evidence that thinking plays much of a role in politics at all. Reaction is a much more significant component.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Yeah, I was somewhat stunned to find out that the two largest recipients of military aid from the US share a border. Egypt and Israel. Why would you arm both sides?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
The rub is that your taxes are now going to support Hamas, a terrorist organization, recognized as such by your own government, due to the Hamas joining with Fatah in their nifty "unity" government.

I pay my taxes to avoid being imprisoned against my will. Whatever the bureaucratic structure of the government decides to do with my money is beyond my control or care.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I pay my taxes to avoid being imprisoned against my will. Whatever the bureaucratic structure of the government decides to do with my money is beyond my control or care.
Which pretty well nullifies your original comment, n'est pas?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see little evidence that thinking plays much of a role in politics at all. Reaction is a much more significant component.
Plenty of thinking goes on, but it's not the kind what you would value.
In your narrow mindedness, you'd believe that it should be about governance,
economics, security, law & other things which benefit you....so selfish...so very
selfish. It's about election, re-election, & a profitable legacy after politics.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
In regards to the OP, you could start by writing to your Congressional representative and your Senate representative, and if you are masochistic, you could try writing the White House.

CynthiaCypher

Yeah, I was somewhat stunned to find out that the two largest recipients of military aid from the US share a border. Egypt and Israel. Why would you arm both sides?

The Corporate Arms Dealers have to make money, don't they? You know what they say, a capitalist will sell you the rope you are going to hang him with.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because neither is a threat to the other, but both are Americastanian allies with enemies near?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
One can avoid taxes where one can.
Of course, RevoltingOne, however if one thinks that "Whatever the bureaucratic structure of the government decides to do with my money is beyond my control or care", it is a tad absurd to say that paying your taxes will somehow show your solidarity with Israel.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course, RevoltingOne, however if one thinks that "Whatever the bureaucratic structure of the government decides to do with my money is beyond my control or care", it is a tad absurd to say that paying your taxes will somehow show your solidarity with Israel.
Well....I'm looking for a way to avoid the absurdity.
If one is honest, then one's taxes would be one amount.
If one is aggressive in avoiding reporting income, then it would be lesser amount.
The former would support Israel, & the latter would bring home more bacon.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm trying desperately to not break out laughing. Then again, you were a Ron Paul fan...
I know....I know....my perspective is at best fringe, & at worst comical.

I used to work in the defense industry, albeit at the lowly engineer level.
If gov really wanted to benefit domestic weapons makers, there are so many
ways to do it, & yet gov makes it quite difficult to sell their deadly goods.
So I prefer the explanation that arming both countries is for political reasons.
Now before you call me a Pollyanna, I'd expect that some pols in states with a
heavy weapons maker presence wouldn't be above such a small minded concern.

Last edited: