• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can I get to know the jw better in my town?

Frank Goad

Because we have a jw church in my town.:)Should I join?I am alittel nervous because I have never been to a jw church before.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Because we have a jw church in my town.:)Should I join?I am alittel nervous because I have never been to a jw church before.
Just walk up to the door, step through it, and look for a seat. Try it. :D
You don't join that way. It's not a club that people join. ;)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Frank, you can't join JW's...it is an informed choice to become a Christian Witness of Jehovah. Going to a Kingdom Hall does not make you a JW. You have to study and come to an accurate knowledge of the Bible's teachings before deciding if this is what you want to commit to. You "become" a Christian through knowledge and choice. No one will ever force you to do anything.

Go to a Sunday meeting and ask for a Bible study. This in no way obligates you to do anything that you do not wish to do. But study is the only way to get to know God's word....and attending meetings is for Bible instruction. Take your Bible with you, it will get a workout. :)

ETA: Go to the Hall and see what day and time the meetings are held...some meet on different days and times.