• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can God's Love Be Unconditional?

openyourmind

Try and distinguish trickery by God and influence by a human. I don't think you can, except by degree. We are all influenced by the world around us, and psychology only allows you to have a greater influence.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but what you are telling me is. That god created everything in the world, all around us and so we are influenced by his work. It is by the limited influence of man, psychology that we can persuade others into the direction we chose. So in all things regardless of our belief god is a part of our lives. That man will try take us in his direction for his own selfish intentions?

Jacksnyte

Reverend
How can the Abrahamic god's love for people be unconditional if he is willing to condemn people to hell for not believing in him?
Well, his Book tells us that it is VERY conditional both in the Old Testament/Tanakh, and the New Testament. The key is Hell/Torture and killing/genocide for those who don't comply.

smokydot

Well, his Book tells us that it is VERY conditional both in the Old Testament/Tanakh, and the New Testament. The key is Hell/Torture and killing/genocide for those who don't comply.
Makes you wonder where anyone gets the idea it's unconditional.