• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can God's Love Be Unconditional?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How can the Abrahamic god's love for people be unconditional if he is willing to condemn people to hell for not believing in him?

Ronald

The right of "first refusal" belongs to you! Seems to me you chose not to accept his love.
Go Figure?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The right of "first refusal" belongs to you! Seems to me you chose not to accept his love.
Go Figure?

It's not his love that people have a problem accepting, it's all the nonsensical gobbledygook in the bible that people have a problem accepting. It's like saying "eat this turd or I'm going to punch you in the face."

Ronald

How can the Abrahamic god's love for people be unconditional if he is willing to condemn people to hell for not believing in him?
So your earthly father, if he says the door is always open, you can return anytime you feel like coming home. He is displaying conditional love, because he doesn't take a razor strap and beat you senseless and drag you home?
My, oh my, it takes all kinds.

Shalom

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
So your earthly father, if he says the door is always open, you can return anytime you feel like coming home. He is displaying conditional love, because he doesn't take a razor strap and beat you senseless and drag you home?
My, oh my, it takes all kinds.

Shalom

Could you try re-writing that so your post makes logical sense?

kmkemp

It's not his love that people have a problem accepting, it's all the nonsensical gobbledygook in the bible that people have a problem accepting. It's like saying "eat this turd or I'm going to punch you in the face."

If you feel you have to love a book to follow God, sure. :rolleyes:

blackout

Violet.

It's like saying "eat this turd or I'm going to punch you in the face
over and over again... forever and ever without end"...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm not sure why you think that punishment must automatically mean that God doesn't love someone.

Are you seriously suggesting that eternally torturing someone is a sign or indication of love for them?

Ronald

Only God is "Eternal".

Father Heathen, eat the fish and throw away the bones, leave the other thing in the latrine.
Do you get your jollies by being nasty on a religious forum?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If you feel you have to love a book to follow God, sure. :rolleyes:
Those of Abrahamic faiths who believe in hell do.

However, one can believe in and love a god without believing in all the things that man has attributed to him, such as the concept of hell.