• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Can Evolution Destroy Faith In God?

Smoke

Done here.
YEC is basically destructive to Christianity, and often leads to atheism. If you want Christianity to thrive, you should advocated against YEC. How can a religion that denies scientific progress survive?
Good point. Making YEC an important tenet of your faith is about as sensible as making a flat earth an important tenet of your faith. Obviously, it's the Young Earth Creationists who are most likely to have their faith completely destroyed by evolution, because they're the ones for whom denial of evolution is the most important.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
And why would I be interested in your beliefs, unless they have some evidence to support them[/QUOTE

Regardless of whether you are aware of this or not and or accept it:
Rom 1:19For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts.From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.

It's not that people can't know God, they "choose" not to know God, end of story

The only other proof you get is :
Mat 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
Mat 12:40For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Luk 11:30For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

Listen you don't find God in your laboratory or under a microscope ,you find him when and only when your broken and contrite and that usually does'nt happen until people have come to the end of themselves.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And why would I be interested in your beliefs, unless they have some evidence to support them[/QUOTE

Regardless of whether you are aware of this or not and or accept it:
Rom 1:19For the truth about God is known to them instinctively. God has put this knowledge in their hearts.From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see his invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse whatsoever for not knowing God.

It's not that people can't know God, they "choose" not to know God, end of story

The only other proof you get is :
Mat 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
Mat 12:40For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Luk 11:30For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

Listen you don't find God in your laboratory or under a microscope ,you find him when and only when your broken and contrite and that usually does'nt happen until people have come to the end of themselves.

So I take it you have no evidence then?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Because they don't like being told that they are not special or unique.
Except that evolution doesn't imply that at all. :( People are unique and special because they're unique and special, not because any god plunked their ancestors down on Earth directly.

astarath

Evolution can't actually explain why people are unique and special because it has nothing to do with the body but rather the soul/subconcious. As far as I know there is no evolutionary study on the development of thought being a natural evolution?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Evolution can't actually explain why people are unique and special because it has nothing to do with the body but rather the soul/subconcious. As far as I know there is no evolutionary study on the development of thought being a natural evolution?

Evolutionary psychology is a growing field now. Yes, in general, it is thought that human intelligence evolved because it helped us survive.

astarath

Psychology is the study of the mind not the soul! One can not study the subconscious as they are not concious of all its intricacies. Is this not true of all species that currently survive then that they all have a degree of human intelligence? What is it that seperates us from them?

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
So I take it you have no evidence then?

When evolution came about back in greek culture ,it was not to glorify God ,but man.
It has been set out against creation and God ever since.
What has evolved, humanism ,secularism ,existentialism, atheism , etc.

Show me a fossil of your common ancestor curious George turning into a man?
I suppose evolution never said such absurdities or evolution has been so gradual that fossils have eroded throughtout time.
Please tell me why we have no evidence of at least one species turning into man ,or our common ancestor?
I'm not talking about a species adapting according to it's enviroment and it's internal DNA makeup?
Why is this macro evolutionary process not happening today, I mean if it happened in any degree as evolutionists claim,should it be happening today.
Where are the headlines ,why has it ceased ,please tell me

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Psychology is the study of the mind not the soul! One can not study the subconscious as they are not concious of all its intricacies. Is this not true of all species that currently survive then that they all have a degree of human intelligence? What is it that seperates us from them?
You asked about the development of thought.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Why is this macro evolutionary process not happening today, I mean if it happened in any degree as evolutionists claim,should it be happening today.
What makes you think it's ceased?

What exactly is it that you're looking for? What headline would make you say, "aha! That's evidence for 'macro'-evolution"?

You know that evolution takes place over long periods of time, right? If it takes a billion years for a new kingdom of life, for example, to arise, would you really expect to see this headline in your local paper?

We have come 1/10,000,000 of the way to a new kingdom in the past century, scientists report

"We will see an entirely new kingdom of life in only 9,999,999,900 years!" says leader of research team

astarath

No but I would say we are about due as one probably started evolving 9999999900 years ago! Where's it at? Please be a llama cheetah hybrid! Super cool!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
When evolution came about back in greek culture ,it was not to glorify God ,but man.
It has been set out against creation and God ever since.
What has evolved, humanism ,secularism ,existentialism, atheism , etc.
Most people date the modern Theory of Evolution from Charles Darwin in the 19th century.

Show me a fossil of your common ancestor curious George turning into a man?
Fossils don't turn into things. Do you mean you want some early hominid fossils? If so I will supply them.
I suppose evolution never said such absurdities or evolution has been so gradual that fossils have eroded throughtout time.
No, I'm not aware of any such character as curious George in evolution.
Please tell me why we have no evidence of at least one species turning into man ,or our common ancestor?
Because we do. A lot.
It is. It's just a very slow, gradual process.
It hasn't. Headlines are for news. Evolution hasn't been news for over a century. Here's some recent news regarding human evolution: Is Human Evolution Speeding Up?
Common Ancestor
European Human Fossils

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
No but I would say we are about due as one probably started evolving 9999999900 years ago! Where's it at? Please be a llama cheetah hybrid! Super cool!
astarath. I apologize, but I cannot understand what you are getting at, so will not be responding to most of your posts. If you can be more clear, I will try.

You do realize that a llama cheetah hybrid would violate and falsify the ToE, right?

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic

New study out. Homo sapiens is evolving much more rapidly than before.

rojse

RF Addict

Evolution does not take place over a certain time period. I will explain a couple of quite simple reasons for this.

Firstly, different species breed at different rates. Whales take many years to reach adulthood, flies take weeks, and viruses take days. You cannot put such a concrete timeframe to account for all of the different breeding rates.

Secondly, some species do not need to evolve, because they have reached a point where they are well-adapted to their environment. For example, crocodiles have not changed in tens of millions of years. Same for sharks, cockroaches, and so forth.

There are other reasons why you can't say: "evolution will take place in X years," but these are simple enough for anyone to understand, regardless of how well-versed or not they are in evolutionary theory.

roli

Born Again,Spirit Filled
You know that evolution takes place over long periods of time, right? If it takes a billion years for a new kingdom of life, for example, to arise, would you really expect to see this headline in your local paper?

We have come 1/10,000,000 of the way to a new kingdom in the past century, scientists report

"We will see an entirely new kingdom of life in only 9,999,999,900 years!" says leader of research team
I see, it takes a billion years for a new kingdom life to emerge, says who, this is noting more than a hypothesis,how convenient that we just happen to be between such dramatic stages of evolutionary change.

WoW !!!! 9,999,999,900, how percise

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I see, it takes a billion years for a new kingdom life to emerge, says who, this is noting more than a hypothesis,how convenient that we just happen to be between such dramatic stages of evolutionary change.
It's a demonstration of what you wouldn't see (because they wouldn't bother printing it) in the newspapers. ;)

(Species) Evolution is not news. If all goes well, we shouldn't notice it at all in our life-times.