• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can a Jew reject Jesus as the Messiah?

Skywalker

My parents never promised me some great gift if I believed in them.

I believe that we would be to follow God and seek Him and know Him more and more even if we didn't get His help, therefore, the reward of God is God. The same is true with a kid helping and being there for and spending time with their parents.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Considering that according to scripture, Jesus not only performed miracles, but was put up on charges of blasphemy and put to death -- and then was seen in resurrection by his disciples, it clinches the matter for some, I would say.
Yes, that's what's written in the Christian scriptures.

rosends

I believe that we would be to follow God and seek Him and know Him more and more even if we didn't get His help, therefore, the reward of God is God. The same is true with a kid helping and being there for and spending time with their parents.
You believe that but have no proof. That's a mighty convenient way of sidestepping the argument. If you start by asserting this great gift, it is a strange thing to try and imagine that the gift doesn't exists.

Skywalker

You believe that but have no proof. That's a mighty convenient way of sidestepping the argument. If you start by asserting this great gift, it is a strange thing to try and imagine that the gift doesn't exists.

The proof of God is in the creation that exists all around us. The heavens declare the glory of God.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
My parents never promised me some great gift if I believed in them.
Odd you should mention that, since according to the law of Moses, firstborn sons were to automatically inherit a larger share of father's assets.

Am I a Christian? but don't you find it embarrassing anymore? the show to write a Jew under the videos and everywhere to the members whom to trust and whom not?
how do you affirm Jesus? do the hell it doesn't? however, in people of a slow heart you call miracles and yet they are good things
and if it's about fish 3 fish and a total of 5 bread count it's maybe wrong sorry
What did Jesus say about his disciple? and you become a fisherman of people and when it comes to bread it can be interpreted as a word or a book
as you write, you will not live by bread alone but by the word of God
therefore, when it comes to food, the word is generally spoken
and if the cannons and arrows fired somewhere? what are arrows? sharp words of people or blasphemy
if it's not even worth understanding what you're writing about, so don't even express yourself
just like lazar? do you know what that name means? it is not a name but I know the words
Like all the names in the Bible, naive fools call miracles and yet do not even try to understand it.
the future is written in hadanas and the years are written in certain numbers or words
as well as pedigrees? in fact, it is not a pedigree
and the conversion of water into wine? Find out first what the word wine means?
and the disciple and the mother? in another verse it is the mother and the disciples are the ones who hear the word of God or something in that sense
so don't you dare write something I'm wrong

Skywalker

Is there anything in Tanach that is similar in any way? Any? If not then it would be an element of a new religion.

From my pesepctive it looks like a magic trick. Unless there's something similar in Tanach, it's perfectly reasonable to consider cursing trees a foreign practice. A rigid definition of sorcery is not important.

Whether following Jesus is a different religion from Judaism depends on how you define religion. One can be a follower of Jesus without celebrating Easter. Some Christians call Easter Resurrection Sunday. Following Jesus doesn't mean putting your faith in the pastors, the priests, and the pope. They make mistakes like everyone else. God wants us to go to church, but that doesn't mean giving the leaders a certain amount of trust. I have believed false teachings in the past, like faith healers, from putting too much trust in church leaders.

Skywalker

Whether or not there were failed prophecy doesn't matter if Jesus was preaching a new or different religion.

Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is about trying to live the message of the Christ. It's a relationship with God.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Christianity is not a religion. Christianity is about trying to live the message of the Christ. It's a relationship with God.
Christianity worships a particular deity. It employs prayer. It has a holy book. It has clergy. It has sacred rites like baptism and communion. It has holy days like Christmas and Easter. Come on, it is a quintessential religion.

Skywalker

Christianity worships a particular deity. It employs prayer. It has a holy book. It has clergy. It has sacred rites like baptism and communion. It has holy days like Christmas and Easter. Come on, it is a quintessential religion.

Christianity is a gentile expression of the following the Messiah mentioned in the Tanakh. People in the Tanakh prayed. The New Testament and the Old Testament are one Testament. In the New Testament only baptism and the Lord's Supper were instituted by Jesus, but Christmas and Easter are not mentioned in the New Testament. Messianic Jews don't say that they are Christians or Jews they say that they follow the Messiah of Israel.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Christianity is a gentile expression of the following the Messiah mentioned in the Tanakh. People in the Tanakh prayed. The New Testament and the Old Testament are one Testament. In the New Testament only baptism and the Lord's Supper were instituted by Jesus, but Christmas and Easter are not mentioned in the New Testament. Messianic Jews don't say that they are Christians or Jews they say that they follow the Messiah of Israel.
You are not a messianic Jew. You are a self proclaimed Christian. Speak for yourself.

IndigoChild5559

I was explaining why being Jewish and believing in Jesus, and Jesus and the Tanakh, are not mutually exclusive.
Being faithful to the covenant between God and Israel, and being a Christian, are mutually exclusive. Messianic Jews practice Christianity, not Judaism. They have forfeited all their rights as Jews in order to practice strange worship.

rosends

I was explaining why being Jewish and believing in Jesus, and Jesus and the Tanakh, are not mutually exclusive.
But you clearly don't understand what it is to "be jewish" so how can you speak to this claim?

Also, Jesus didn't institute baptism. Try again.

Skywalker

Being faithful to the covenant between God and Israel, and being a Christian, are mutually exclusive. Messianic Jews practice Christianity, not Judaism. They have forfeited all their rights as Jews in order to practice strange worship.

Jesus was Jewish. The first Christians were Jewish. What do you mean Messianic Jews have forfeited all of their rights as Jews? Being faithful to the covenant between God and Israel and following trying to live the teaching of Christ are not mutually exclusive.

IndigoChild5559

Jesus was Jewish. The first Christians were Jewish. What do you mean Messianic Jews have forfeited all of their rights as Jews? Being faithful to the covenant between God and Israel and following trying to live the teaching of Christ are not mutually exclusive.
If a Jew converts to another religion that uses an association for god or any sort of idolatry, he loses all his rights as a Jew. In Christianity, Jesus is associated with God. "God the Son" is the phrase you guys use. This is absolutely forbidden to a Jew. It is avodah zarah for us, and so is completely forbidden.

Skywalker

But you clearly don't understand what it is to "be jewish" so how can you speak to this claim?

Also, Jesus didn't institute baptism. Try again.

An aspect of being Jewish is following the teachings of the covenant between God and Israel. Jewish also has connotations of a relationship with God, ethnic, cultural, and national group.

Skywalker

If a Jew converts to another religion that uses an association for god or any sort of idolatry, he loses all his rights as a Jew. In Christianity, Jesus is associated with God. "God the Son" is the phrase you guys use. This is absolutely forbidden to a Jew. It is avodah zarah for us, and so is completely forbidden.

Some Christian people don't believe in crucifixes of paintings or depictions of Jesus. My pastor said about the crucifix, that Jesus is alive.

IndigoChild5559

Some Christian people don't believe in crucifixes of paintings or depictions of Jesus. My pastor said about the crucifix, that Jesus is alive.
What is the relevance of this to the post you are trying to reply to? The topic was Why is Chrisitanity avodah zarah for the Jew.