• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can a Jew reject Jesus as the Messiah?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Jesus set an example, showing that it was necessary to wage war against the devil. And the 'death nail' for the devil is love. That's why it is not good enough to return evil for evil.

In 2 Corinthians 10:3,4 Paul says, 'For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)'

It's not an easy lesson because it goes against the instinct of our flesh to act carnally. It must also be accepted that governments act according to law, not according to grace. People expect justice when they stand before a court of law.
It has been prolific that people do not expect justice in many cases. Judges and juries may try, but do not always mete out true justice. Certainly Jesus did not receive or expect justice from Pontius Pilate, but he set the example of meekness and mildness. Certainly the early Christians followed Jesus in that they did not pick up weapons to get even with their persecutors. God is the One, by means of Jesus, to bring justice to his faithful worshipers. Peace.

YoursTrue

John 6:46. 'Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.'

This passage makes me think that only Spirit can see Spirit. Man, with his eyes, cannot see God.

The angel of the LORD appears on a number of occasions [Genesis 22; Exodus 3; Numbers 22; Judges 6; Judges 13; 2 Kings 1 etc.]. I'm a bit reluctant to say that they saw Jesus because I link the name Jesus with the baby born to Mary. I believe, in the cases above, the Spirit of the Father, the Word, came to earth in the form of an angel. What men saw was an angel, speaking and acting with the authority of God. This was the same Spirit, or Word, that brought about Mary's conception, and later anointed Jesus.

Since men cannot see God, God must take a form of some kind in which to make Himself known. At the time of the Exodus from Egypt, God chose to appear in cloud and fire etc. Only in His coming as the Suffering Servant does he appear in flesh and blood. At his coming in glory, I think he'll be recognisable whilst also being incorruptible and spiritual.

Do you think I'm mistaken?
When those said they saw God, they saw an angel. No one can see God and live. The question is ... What is an angel?

YoursTrue

John 6:46. 'Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.'

This passage makes me think that only Spirit can see Spirit. Man, with his eyes, cannot see God.

The angel of the LORD appears on a number of occasions [Genesis 22; Exodus 3; Numbers 22; Judges 6; Judges 13; 2 Kings 1 etc.]. I'm a bit reluctant to say that they saw Jesus because I link the name Jesus with the baby born to Mary. I believe, in the cases above, the Spirit of the Father, the Word, came to earth in the form of an angel. What men saw was an angel, speaking and acting with the authority of God. This was the same Spirit, or Word, that brought about Mary's conception, and later anointed Jesus.

Since men cannot see God, God must take a form of some kind in which to make Himself known. At the time of the Exodus from Egypt, God chose to appear in cloud and fire etc. Only in His coming as the Suffering Servant does he appear in flesh and blood. At his coming in glory, I think he'll be recognisable whilst also being incorruptible and spiritual.

Do you think I'm mistaken?
The Lord, the son of God, will be seen by those who will see, by the things happening on the earth and signs from heaven. Matthew 24 and 25 Jesus describes this for his disciples. Revelation also talks about his coming. One doesn't need to literally see a man with a sword in his mouth on a white horse with the naked eye to see what it means. But one must have God's spirit.

Ehav4Ever

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach said that Christianity is "a beautiful religion for Christians," but it's just not for Jews.

Rabbi Boteach speaks for himself with that. Have you tried reaching out to him to convince him of what you are stating?

Also, if you are willing to prove to me why I should listen to you over the JWs, the Mormons, the Hebrew Roots, Sacred Namers, etc. I would be willing to listen to why what you are saying is more authoratative and authentic than them.

Care to make a list of reasons? If not I will be soon leaving this thread feeling that nothing more can come from it.

Last edited:

Ehav4Ever

You dodged my questions and ignored my request.

Pretty much everyone here who has made the Jesus claim to me has dodged my requests and numerous questions of mine. Maybe in all the dodging some people are doing here it looks like I am moving when I am actually standing still.

Also, I am not saying it is just you since there are others doding my offer to set up a Zoom call where we go through the Hebrew text from start to finish.

Besides, here is a link that virtually answers the OP and many more of the basic questions.

Simple Reasons Why Jews Don't Believe in Jesus and Christianity

Last edited:

Skywalker

It has been prolific that people do not expect justice in many cases. Judges and juries may try, but do not always mete out true justice. Certainly Jesus did not receive or expect justice from Pontius Pilate, but he set the example of meekness and mildness. Certainly the early Christians followed Jesus in that they did not pick up weapons to get even with their persecutors. God is the One, by means of Jesus, to bring justice to his faithful worshipers. Peace.

The meekness and mildness of Jesus was beyond human character. It was a sign that Jesus was God. Jesus taught to turn the other cheek.

Ehav4Ever

You could try answering my question - and then maybe something CAN
come from the thread.

Nothing was coming from this thread the minute it was initiated. The reason is........drum roll. This thread wasn't started as a question - it was started to make a statement. This is not the first time such a thread was started with a so called question of - why don't Jews accept Jesus. For the last 1,700 Jews have been answering that question. Maybe you just didn't get the memo.

Here is a link I provided earlier in this thread that answers all of the important baseline issues of why. Everything else is just commentary and searching for endless debate.

Last edited:

Skywalker

The Lord, the son of God, will be seen by those who will see, by the things happening on the earth and signs from heaven. Matthew 24 and 25 Jesus describes this for his disciples. Revelation also talks about his coming. One doesn't need to literally see a man with a sword in his mouth on a white horse with the naked eye to see what it means. But one must have God's spirit.

Do you think people will accept or reject the Messiah when he returns? I believe that Jesus talked about his second coming to influence people to repent.

Ehav4Ever

Do you think people will accept or reject the Messiah when he returns? I believe that Jesus talked about his second coming to influence people to repent.

Like I mentioned earlier. The minute what you are saying happens set up a thread on RF stating that what you claim has happened. I live in Jerusalem in Israel. So if what you are stating has happened I will look out my window and see if it has. That sounds fair, right?

Skywalker

Rabbi Boteach speaks for himself with that. Have you tried reaching out to him to convince him of what you are stating?

Also, if you are willing to prove to me why I should listen to you over the JWs, the Mormons, the Hebrew Roots, Sacred Namers, etc. I would be willing to listen to why what you are saying is more authoratative and authentic than them.

Care to make a list of reasons? If not I will be soon leaving this thread feeling that nothing more can come from it.

I'm not saying to trust or believe me. Believe HaShem. I don't agree with JW because they believe that Jesus is Michael the Archangel. Jesus is God. There is some truth to what those groups believe because they believe in the Bible, but I can't agree with anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus is our Creator and Savior. I don't disagree with following kosher and Jesus but the emphasis of Hebrew words doesn't sound godly. I don't agree with the belief that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers because I believe that God is the Messiah.

Ehav4Ever

There is some truth to what those groups believe because they believe in the Bible, but I can't agree with anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus is our Creator and Savior.

That sounds like a pretty BIG disagreement. It also sounds like a BIG thing to be wrong about. How is it possible for Christians to not have agreement on something that the NT authors wrote about so clearly?

Last edited:

Skywalker

Pretty much everyone here who has made the Jesus claim to me has dodged my requests and numerous questions of mine. Maybe in all the dodging some people are doing here it looks like I am moving when I am actually standing still.

Also, I am not saying it is just you since there are others doding my offer to set up a Zoom call where we go through the Hebrew text from start to finish.

Besides, here is a link that virtual answers the OP and many more of the basic questions.

How does that explain Jesus coming before the destruction of the second temple?

Skywalker

Like I mentioned earlier. The minute what you are saying happens set up a thread on RF stating that what you claim has happened. I live in Jerusalem in Israel. So if what you are stating has happened I will look out my window and see if it has. That sounds fair, right?

Zechariah 14:4 talks about the second coming.

Skywalker

That sounds like a pretty BIG disagreement. It also sounds like a BIG thing to be wrong about. How is possible for Christians to not have agreement on something that the NT authors wrote about so clearly?

Because people don't want to submit to God so believing that Jesus was an angel makes it easier to follow his teachings.

Ehav4Ever

Because people don't want to submit to God so believing that Jesus was an angel makes it easier to follow his teachings.

Like I said that sounds like a BIG BIG problem. You guys may want to start a thread to resolve that among yourselves, maybe in the Christian DIR and then come back here when you guys get it settled.

PruePhillip

Besides, here is a link that virtual answers the OP and many more of the basic questions.

I just wanted to know your reading of Job 19:25. I suggest you are not comfortable with the idea of the Redeemer
in the Tanakh.