• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can a Jew reject Jesus as the Messiah?

Batya

Always Forward
Right; well I believe the Bible wasn't translated perfectly and the Book of Mormon helps people to believe in it. So maybe the Book of Mormon could help you in believing the New Testament. At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to read a chapter or two.
I just think it is dangerous to start questioning the accuracy of the Bible, if you can't believe some of it, you can't believe any of it. We knew that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." The bible is self-affirming, and I think that anyone taking a diligent, honest look at it will be able to see that it is consistent throughout without needing any other texts to understand it. It all points to the messiah.

Skywalker

Right; well I believe the Bible wasn't translated perfectly and the Book of Mormon helps people to believe in it. So maybe the Book of Mormon could help you in believing the New Testament. At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to read a chapter or two.

What translation of the Bible do you believe wasn't perfect?

Skywalker

What do you mean it changed? I'm quite sure what you're getting with that. And why wouldn't it be for every believer since there is only one way?

There are different expressions of seeking God. Some Christian people don't believe in hymns.

Skywalker

I just think it is dangerous to start questioning the accuracy of the Bible, if you can't believe some of it, you can't believe any of it. We knew that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." The bible is self-affirming, and I think that anyone taking a diligent, honest look at it will be able to see that it is consistent throughout without needing any other texts to understand it. It all points to the messiah.

The Bible is not a salad bar. You can't accept what the Bible teaches about the love of God without also accepting that God is holy and just and that we are sinners.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It can take time for some to believe the Bible in its entirety. I agree the Bible centers around man's need for redemption (i.e., a messiah, recovery, and so forth).

YoursTrue

There are different expressions of seeking God. Some Christian people don't believe in hymns.
The real thing is: what does God approve of? Remember, the way is narrow and few are the ones finding it. Broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction. Doesn't matter what they call themselves, or how holy they think they are.

Skywalker

The real thing is: what does God approve of? Remember, the way is narrow and few are the ones finding it. Broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction. Doesn't matter what they call themselves, or how holy they think they are.

Do you think God approves of Messianic Judaism? It's more focused on the law than simply celebrating Hannukah or Purim.

YoursTrue

That wouldn't be in harmony with how the early Christians worshiped. Once I know that, I couldn't feel free to join those that don't believe in praise by song to God Almighty in their worship. The Bible approvingly speaks of singing - at Revelation 5:9 "And they sing a new song, “Worthy you are to take the book and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and bought men for God with your blood out of every tribe and language and people and race,"
Surely Jehovah approves of worshipful singing and praise, as exemplified by His inclusion of the words of David's psalms.

YoursTrue

Do you think God approves of Messianic Judaism? It's more focused on the law than simply celebrating Hannukah or Purim.
I've asked you this before. What is Messianic Judaism? While you said its something like Jews for Jesus, what does that mean? Are you a Jew for Jesus?

Batya

Always Forward
I don't think it has so much to do with the label as how we live out our faith. There is a large amount of variation within messianic Judaism, really I think the point should be acting out our faith in Yeshua by following YHWH's standard for living(Torah),

Skywalker

That wouldn't be in harmony with how the early Christians worshiped. Once I know that, I couldn't feel free to join those that don't believe in praise by song to God Almighty in their worship. The Bible approvingly speaks of singing - at Revelation 5:9 "And they sing a new song, “Worthy you are to take the book and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and bought men for God with your blood out of every tribe and language and people and race,"
Surely Jehovah approves of worshipful singing and praise, as exemplified by His inclusion of the words of David's psalms.

Regarding worship music, I believe that everything is to be within moderation and hymns aren't for everyone.

Skywalker

I've asked you this before. What is Messianic Judaism? While you said its something like Jews for Jesus, what does that mean? Are you a Jew for Jesus?

Messianic Judaism is like being a Hebrew Christian but with more of a focus on the law and not just benedictions and Jewish holidays like Purim and Passover and Hannukah. Jews for Jesus is a similar organization.

Skywalker

I don't think it has so much to do with the label as how we live out our faith. There is a large amount of variation within messianic Judaism, really I think the point should be acting out our faith in Yeshua by following YHWH's standard for living(Torah),

Do you think Messianic Judaism is God's calling for some Jews and Gentiles?

YoursTrue

Regarding worship music, I believe that everything is to be within moderation and hymns aren't for everyone.
Allow me to say that hymns in worship were certainly acceptable to God as shown by the inclusion of the Psalms. On the other hand, hymns by those that defiled God's name cannot be acceptable.

YoursTrue

It depends who's singing them at a service and how I accept the type of worship going along with the song.

Skywalker

Do you think Messianic Judaism is God's calling for certain Jews and Gentiles? I believe that everyone has different gifts. While some people being monks or nuns might be of God it's not God's will for everyone. Maybe Jewish Christianity didn't last long because it wasn't God's calling for many people.

Batya

Always Forward
Do you think Messianic Judaism is God's calling for some Jews and Gentiles?
The bible says that Yeshua is THE way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the fatherexcept through him. YHWH's desire is that all people would be saved, this is something he wants for all people, but he has given us free choice, therefore it is our decision wether we will accept Yeshua as our savior and walk in his truth.

YoursTrue

Messianic Judaism is like being a Hebrew Christian but with more of a focus on the law and not just benedictions and Jewish holidays like Purim and Passover and Hannukah. Jews for Jesus is a similar organization.
I would need more of an explanation of their beliefs than that. For instance, how can a religion focus on the Law without a temple? Unless, of course, one understands the temple to be different than one built of stone literally. There's more but I'll let it go at that for now.

Batya

Always Forward
Do you think Messianic Judaism is God's calling for certain Jews and Gentiles? I believe that everyone has different gifts. While some people being monks or nuns might be of God it's not God's will for everyone. Maybe Jewish Christianity didn't last long because it wasn't God's calling for many people.
Why would you say that Jewish Christianity didn't last long??