• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can a Jew reject Jesus as the Messiah?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
What sign did God make on the foreheads of the people in Ezekiel who were saved from judgment? What sign did God make on the forehead of Cain so that he would be saved? Praised be YHWH.

If I recall correctly, the sign was the letter tav.

Shabbat 55a:11-16

the letter tav, that it was inscribed on the foreheads of the righteous? Rav said: Tav is the first letter of the word tiḥye, you shall live, indicating that the righteous shall live. Tav is also the first letter of the word tamut, you shall die, indicating that the wicked shall die. And Shmuel said: The letter tav is the first letter of the word tama, ceased…​

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
People please, I know this thread is nonsensical but there are only 2 staffers on right now :D

PruePhillip

How is this possible?

1. He was not a King over Israel (by which is meant a real king, not a 'spiritual king').
2. He did not gather the lost tribes / exiles back to Eretz Israel.
3. He did not bring peace to Israel / vanquish Israel's enemies.
4. He was not from the lineage of King David / his lineage is suspect.
5. He did not have children and a long life.
6. He did not usher in a Messianic Era wherein knowledge of the True G-d is spread across the earth and folks from all nations will come to worship at Jerusalem, realising the wrongness of their old religions.

Ayin. In the Jewish Tanakh (our Old Testament) there are TWO MESSIAHS.
One is the suffering Redeemer and the other is the Reigning King.
Zechariah, among others, speaks of the Coming of the Reigning Messiah, but
the Jews will mourn when they see He is the same figure who came to them
lowly and upon a donkey, the same figure they 'pierced' (crucified.)
The common message of the Tanakh is to reign with Him one must suffer with
Him also.

MOST JEWS DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE MESSIAH AS REDEEMER.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

I wondervwhat kind of people it took to dream up such a psycho monster for their "god".

One can be OFFENDED by the idea of a 'psycho monster' but one cannot DENY such a
'monster' exists. The bible tells us that the Jewish people will suffer and go into exile twice.
I can think of no people on earth who have been driven out of over 100 countries and
endured pogroms, crusades, final solutions and genocide like the Jews. In weeping for the
Jewish people Jesus said that they 'did not know the time of their visitation.' And Jesus
made the cryptic remark that one day it will be the Gentiles time to suffer.

Audie

Veteran Member
One can be OFFENDED by the idea of a 'psycho monster' but one cannot DENY such a
'monster' exists. The bible tells us that the Jewish people will suffer and go into exile twice.
I can think of no people on earth who have been driven out of over 100 countries and
endured pogroms, crusades, final solutions and genocide like the Jews. In weeping for the
Jewish people Jesus said that they 'did not know the time of their visitation.' And Jesus
made the cryptic remark that one day it will be the Gentiles time to suffer.
Every peoples' history is unique.
The Jewish people kept better than average records, evidently.
Other peoples have been entirely destroyed.
The Jews are not so special.

As for "cannot deny" I certainly can, do, and,
continue to be revolted by the mentality of those
who concoct such things and then inflict these
sick fantasies on Iinnocent children.

If you do, I call shame.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

Every peoples' history is unique.
The Jewish people kept better than average records, evidently.
Other peoples have been entirely destroyed.
The Jews are not so special.

As for "cannot deny" I certainly can, do, and,
continue to be revolted by the mentality of those
who concoct such things and then inflict these
sick fantasies on Iinnocent children.

If you do, I call shame.

I didn't 'concoct' anything. I am telling you of the Jewish history. One super remarkable
thing about the Jews is that they still exist. One monarch said he believed in God just
because of the existence of the Jews.

This is not Nostradamus quatrains:
The bible says the Jews will:
1 - be few in number (there ought to be about 100-200 million by now)
2 - live in the tiniest of lands (you walk across the narrowest part of Israel in a morning)
3 - be under the heel of the Gentiles
4 - be successful out of all proportion to their population
5 - be a blessing to those nations that bless them, and a curse to those who curse them
6 - be exiled and return to their homeland twice
7 - be God's chosen people.

there's bound to be other points I can't remember at the moment.
Look at the biblical people - Hittites, Amalekites, Edomites, Moabites etc.. All these are
gone - even the Egyptians are not the same people anymore - but there's still the Jew.
Google 'Jew Cohan haplotype Moses' and you read how some Jews still can be identified
as belonging to the tribe of Levites, the officials of the ancient temple, descendants of Moses'
brother Aaron.

Audie

Veteran Member
I didn't 'concoct' anything. I am telling you of the Jewish history. One super remarkable
thing about the Jews is that they still exist. One monarch said he believed in God just
because of the existence of the Jews.

This is not Nostradamus quatrains:
The bible says the Jews will:
1 - be few in number (there ought to be about 100-200 million by now)
2 - live in the tiniest of lands (you walk across the narrowest part of Israel in a morning)
3 - be under the heel of the Gentiles
4 - be successful out of all proportion to their population
5 - be a blessing to those nations that bless them, and a curse to those who curse them
6 - be exiled and return to their homeland twice
7 - be God's chosen people.

there's bound to be other points I can't remember at the moment.
Look at the biblical people - Hittites, Amalekites, Edomites, Moabites etc.. All these are
gone - even the Egyptians are not the same people anymore - but there's still the Jew.
Google 'Jew Cohan haplotype Moses' and you read how some Jews still can be identified
as belonging to the tribe of Levites, the officials of the ancient temple, descendants of Moses'
brother Aaron.

Of course you did not invent the psyvho god,
but you sure seem involved in spreading it to
others.

I noted that jews have a unique history as does every people. There are others besides just the freaking middle eastern, too.

If you are impressed that a few Bible predictions turn out if you read them just so, its nothing but confirmation bias, ignoring all the
ones that did not..

And all the general purpose nonsense throughout the bible.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I am a Jew.

If you're Jewish, how do you reconcile Jesus being the messiah with your religion? Are you a Messianic Jew? If so, it would be helpful for you to identify yourself as such. Because even I take exception to you applying the label "Jewish" to yourself given your apparent views on Jesus being the messiah...and I'm not even Jewish.

Skywalker

1. He was not a King over Israel (by which is meant a real king, not a 'spiritual king').
2. He did not gather the lost tribes / exiles back to Eretz Israel.
3. He did not bring peace to Israel / vanquish Israel's enemies.
4. He was not from the lineage of King David / his lineage is suspect.
5. He did not have children and a long life.
6. He did not usher in a Messianic Era wherein knowledge of the True G-d is spread across the earth and folks from all nations will come to worship at Jerusalem, realising the wrongness of their old religions.

The Bible refers to believers as the seed of Abraham and not all believers are Jewish. Galatians 3:29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

Isaiah 53:8 and Isaiah 53:10 doesn't insinuate that the Messiah will have children. Isaiah 53:8 implies that the Messiah will not have children.

Skywalker

A Christian might say:

1. A spiritual king could be a real king.
2. He could be doing that now.
3. He did that spiritually.
4. Suspect?
5. Royal blood?
6. Maybe in the second coming?

The Bible verse about Jesus having a long life is a reference to the resurrection. There are verses in the Tanakh where things are plainly implied but not explicitly stated. How could the Messiah have died and yet prolonged his days? I believe Isaiah 53:10 refers to the servant's continued activities after his death.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

Clara Tea

The prediction of a Messiah was in Hebrew, and Jews are experts in Hebrew. Rabbis were very well educated, and quite aware of the prediction of a Messiah, and they felt that the work of Jesus didn't fulfill their prediction of a Messiah. These Rabbis were experts in their own religion and experts in the prediction of a Messiah.

Contemporary Jews of Jesus (those who lived in his time), had heard of his miracles, and thought that he was a wizard and therefore evil.

All this begs the question, why does anyone believe that Jesus was the Messiah if the experts insist that he was not?

In the days of Jesus, many had claimed to be the Messiah, including Jesus Bar Abbas (Barabbas), which means Jesus, son of God. Bar means "son of" in Hebrew, and it is similar to Arab "bin" (such as Osama bin Laden). Barabbas was a thief who was scheduled to be crucified at the same time as Jesus Christ.

With so many pretenders, it was only natural for people to be skeptical.