• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are you Scientologist?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well, it all started with an IQ test back in the late 70's.

A pretty young woman ask to come get my IQ tested and they could help me improve that score.
I thought it wouldn't hurt to be a bit smarter.

So I got tested and they offered free training courses. I went to the course, I forgot what it was called. They had you sit down and some guy would scream and yell at you. Call you all kind of names and rip your shirt off.
The idea was you weren't supposed to react to any of this.

After this they offered you an auditing secession for $300 an hour. Had to borrow the money but I went. They have you hold cans connected to an E-Meter.

300px-Scientology_e_meter_blue.jpg

Then they say a series of words and watch the E-Meter for reactions. If they see a reaction from a word, they keep repeating the word. The idea being that something about the word is bothering you. So they keep repeating it until you realize what about that word bothers you.

Eventually, you have an epiphany, kind of a mystical experience recalling some event from your past causing you to be upset/depressed by things in your current environment. After this realization, you are no longer affected by this. Repeating the word no longer causes the E-Meter to react. They consider this event "engram" has been cleared. You continue auditing sessions until all of these past events in your life that cause you problems are cleared.

Auditing gets expensive so they set you on a path of selling Scientology books. I was ok at it but not great.

Along comes the "Sea Org". You go to work directly for the church, they provide food and housing. You sign a 1 million year contract. So you are now obligated to spend the next several lifetimes working for the church. In exchange, you get free training and auditing.

I was given the job in the church in Los Angelas to build and repair E-Meters.

los-angeles-complex-at-dusk.jpg
I'm so sorry you got caught up in this cult. On the surface, Scientology is at best a con job that takes your money (a lot of it) to give you certificates that you have completed this or that level. You are pushed into going into debt in order to by this spiritual enlightenment.

Get deeper into scientology, and it becomes a toxic, destructive, cult that controls every aspect of your existence, and completely destroys the lives of any who choose to question it. There have literally been people so destroyed that they have committed suicide.

Netflix has a series on Scientology in which high ranking officials in Scientology who have left are interviewed and reveal their experiences. It's called, "Scientology: The Aftermath."

IndigoChild5559

Before Hubbard died, getting out wasn't as intense. Also, I never made any noise about Scientology. They had a group called the Guardians office which would launch counter-attacks on anyone, any government agency that attacked the church.
They went after the IRS, and I mean they went after individual IRS agents, no holds barred. After years of their attacks, the IRS gave in and gave them non-profit status, despite all the evidence it had collected to the effect that it was not.

Heyo

Veteran Member
They went after the IRS, and I mean they went after individual IRS agents, no holds barred. After years of their attacks, the IRS gave in and gave them non-profit status, despite all the evidence it had collected to the effect that it was not.
Only in America ...
In many European countries $cientology is officially seen as a business with shady practices which tries to hide behind the religion mantel. Scientology is under watch by federal and state offices for the protection of the constitution.

IndigoChild5559

Only in America ...
In many European countries $cientology is officially seen as a business with shady practices which tries to hide behind the religion mantel. Scientology is under watch by federal and state offices for the protection of the constitution.
the "Shady practices" include such things as going after the complete destruction of those who cross their paths, allowing child sexual abuse in the name of auditing, a reign on terror on the Gold base, and much more. They are more like a mafia business than anything else.

Heyo

Veteran Member
the "Shady practices" include such things as going after the complete destruction of those who cross their paths, allowing child sexual abuse in the name of auditing, a reign on terror on the Gold base, and much more. They are more like a mafia business than anything else.
Only that those practices are not official. So only the members who get caught doing them are punished, not the organization. For that to happen one needs to show that the use of the illegal methods was systemic.

IndigoChild5559

Only that those practices are not official. So only the members who get caught doing them are punished, not the organization. For that to happen one needs to show that the use of the illegal methods was systemic.
There is an entire TV series (Scientology: the Aftermath) that records the eyewitness accounts of major leaders in scientology who have left documenting all of this. IMHO, The feds should go after scientology using the RICO act.