• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are you faring?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The state I live in, Illinois, has become the 4th worst state in number of coronavirus cases according to the Worldometers website and apparently due to certain hotspots (like Chicago). That being said, in my own area in Illinois, about 1.5% of the population there has been tested, with a lot of tests back negative. 0.05% of the people in this area, or about 1 for every 33 tests, has come back positive. Although, if the governor enforces stricter state-wide action due to the hotspot areas within the state, my area will likely have to comply, even if it isn't very bad here.

Edit: Correction.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
doing OK, but I benefit from living rural, where the infection is minimal, Hillsborough, NC. Make twice a week shopping and a lot of gardening, reading and on the internet.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Somebody told me they are afraid all of this social distancing and printing of money will drive prices up. Its possible I suppose, that the government printing up so much cash could indeed cause prices to rise. I guess that worries me. Meanwhile C19 has not caused (yet?) a lot of health problems in my town.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Somebody told me they are afraid all of this social distancing and printing of money will drive prices up. Its possible I suppose, that the government printing up so much cash could indeed cause prices to rise. I guess that worries me.

I've already noticed higher prices on Walmart dot com.

Hellbound Serpiente

Well, I am far away from you guys. By God's Grace, things are much better here in UAE. Although it's personally annoying to me as most of my family is in Australia and Germany, but that doesn't make much of a difference to me. I may be in total isolation, but I've experienced isolation since I can remember. Pain is nothing new to me, I have experienced days FAR worse than these.

Let's hope things work out for the better

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
They're always higher online. You have less leverage when you buy online from a large business. You're often dealing with an algorithm, and it may set the price based on what it knows about you. I don't know if that's the case, but I believe it.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Seldom made it over your way. Menard, myself. How's Spring shaping up for you? I imagine things have been in bloom for weeks now. Here in Colorado, they are just now getting started, due to the altitude.

It snowed about two weeks ago. But the outdoors are actually coming alive. There's a bush in our yard that looks the best it ever has.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It snowed about two weeks ago. But the outdoors are actually coming alive. There's a bush in our yard that looks the best it ever has.

Mom turned about a third of our yard into flowerbeds, and it seemed like she turned most of the rest into trees -- about 28 of them, I recall. Spring was magical.

We too had snow a couple weeks ago. Must have been a massive front to have caught both of us.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Mom turned about a third of our yard into flowerbeds, and it seemed like she turned most of the rest into trees -- about 28 of them, I recall. Spring was magical.

We too had snow a couple weeks ago. Must have been a massive front to have caught both of us.

About 70% of my yard is in flower and vegetable gardens and I add more every year. I do not like to cut grass.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
We're roughly 20 miles NNE of the Chicago Loop.

We've seen a trip to Japan, and trip to Istanbul, and a trip to Stratford, Canada, trashed, and cabin fever is taking its toll (particularly on my wife).

At the same time, we're reasonably healthy as is our family. All in all, we're fortunate in more ways than I can count.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well, I am far away from you guys. By God's Grace, things are much better here in UAE. Although it's personally annoying to me as most of my family is in Australia and Germany, but that doesn't make much of a difference to me. I may be in total isolation, but I've experienced isolation since I can remember. Pain is nothing new to me, I have experienced days FAR worse than this.

Let's hope things work out for the better
It is interesting on how the world is faring in general. I can already picture the wild swings that are going to occur in regards to bond ratings with each country.

All I know is the sooner we get back to as close as possible to being normal, the better. I don't know how much longer countries will be able to hold out like this without having a complete monetary collapse where a whole bunch of scenarios can unfold.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The state I live in, Illinois, has become the 4th worst state in number of coronavirus cases according to the Worldometers website and apparently due to certain hotspots (like Chicago). That being said, in my own area in Illinois, about 1.5% of the population there has been tested, with a lot of tests back negative. 0.05% of the people in this area, or about 1 for every 33 tests, has come back positive. Although, if the governor enforces stricter state-wide action due to the hotspot areas within the state, my area will likely have to comply, even if it isn't very bad here.

Edit: Correction.

I don't like wearing a mask. I'm fine with social distancing. Otherwise nothing has really changed for me.

Everyone in my close family is an essential worker so we are all going to work as normal.

Some folks are getting mad at the people protesting the lock-down, but it's easy to criticize people while you still have your income.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't like wearing a mask. I'm fine with social distancing. Otherwise nothing has really changed for me.

Everyone in my close family is an essential worker so we are all going to work as normal.

Some folks are getting mad at the people protesting the lock-down, but it's easy to criticize people while you still have your income.

In my area, people are getting a bad case of cabin fever. When I went out to get takeout today I've seen so much traffic, it almost looks like a normal day.

The good news is most people do keep the social distancing and the masks overall.

If I'm 6 feet away, I don't wear a mask. If there is a virus present, it's just going to fall to the ground in most weather conditions with exceptions made for high humidity or stagnant weather where the possibility that it may linger as an airborne particle a bit longer.

John Hopkins university has a good and informative time table on the survivability of the virus in open environments and on various types of surfaces......

How long can the virus that causes COVID-19 live on surfaces?

in general it's best to assume it's going to be in the air for around three hours under the right conditions and can live as long as several days so it's probably a good idea to be strategic depending on how the mask is going to be utilized.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In France the restrictions have been tough. There are only 6 reasons to be out of your home with a 137€ fine if caught out without self certificate or not engaged in one of the approved actions

The hard line seems to have worked. France was badly effected but thankfully, for the last 18 days there has been a continuous reduction in those admitted to hospital and deaths. Looks like we are over the peak.

Macron had said there will be a phased return to normality beginning on 11th may. It will be by area dependant in consultation with local mayors. I do hope confinement is lifted soon, my hair is in need of emergency treatment. But if necessary we can stay locked in until its safe.

It could be that schools reopen on 11th but there is a lot of opposition to this from across the country.

Personally we are doing OK. Not much in the way of screaming frustration and as yet and there has been no murders in our house. Hubby and i take turns each shopping to share the freedom of being out equally, its a 25km drive to the supermarket. I do Monday, hubby does Thursday.

One of the reasons for being out is exercise. One hour per day within a kilometre of home. We are lucky to have forests, hills and rivers close enough to not have to walk the same trails every day.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
In my area, people are getting a bad case of cabin fever. When I went out to get takeout today I've seen so much traffic, it almost looks like a normal day.

The good news is most people do keep the social distancing and the masks overall.

If I'm 6 feet away, I don't wear a mask. If there is a virus present, it's just going to fall to the ground in most weather conditions with exceptions made for high humidity or stagnant weather where the possibility that it may linger as an airborne particle a bit longer.

John Hopkins university has a good and informative time table on the survivability of the virus in open environments and on various types of surfaces......

How long can the virus that causes COVID-19 live on surfaces?

in general it's best to assume it's going to be in the air for around three hours under the right conditions and can live as long as several days so it's probably a good idea to be strategic depending on how the mask is going to be utilized.

I think I've might have already gotten it anyway. I'll be glad when we can test for the anti-bodies. Back in Feb my wife got really sick for about a week. Like an unusual flu in that she had a lot of difficulty breathing. I also had minor symptoms but no one was thinking Covid-19 at the time.

Nobody else in the family had any symptoms. Still be nice to know whether you've gained immunity.

Last edited: