• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are we doing post-Brexit?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Refused. I am pretty sure you had one. Thats what brexit was about... Doh!!!

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Erm I remember that the remain camp wanted to reverse the result of the referendum and I also remember a resounding victory at the general election to double stamp it.
Right, so we ARE going to just ignore the very illegal practices of the leave campaign.

Also... As the wistleblower of cambridge analytica, who worked out a lot of the algorithms to use private data to psychologically manipulate people with fake news, said in a hearing when he was asked what in his opinion should be done now with elections that were manipulated in this manner:

"Well, if you cheat at the Olympics for example... it's not like we then replay the competition and give you another chance to do it honestly... No. Instead, we simply disqualify the cheater and nullify his or her results and give the medal to the next in line instead."

But I get it. Leavers just wanted to leave and they don't actually care about it happening in an honest democratic way.
I can only wonder what they would be saying today if it were the remainers that won while employing this very illegal, democracy raping, tactic.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Right, so we ARE going to just ignore the very illegal practices of the leave campaign.

Also... As the wistleblower of cambridge analytica, who worked out a lot of the algorithms to use private data to psychologically manipulate people with fake news, said in a hearing when he was asked what in his opinion should be done now with elections that were manipulated in this manner:

"Well, if you cheat at the Olympics for example... it's not like we then replay the competition and give you another chance to do it honestly... No. Instead, we simply disqualify the cheater and nullify his or her results and give the medal to the next in line instead."

But I get it. Leavers just wanted to leave and they don't actually care about it happening in an honest democratic way.
I can only wonder what they would be saying today if it were the remainers that won while employing this very illegal, democracy raping, tactic.

Grasp all, lose all.
Brussels wanted it all. Too much.
Brussels will lose everything.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

Ok let’s say all the above was true and accusations flew around after the referendum so it was well publicised.

Now let’s move on to the general election where it was very clear what you were voting for,either double stamp brexit and move on,labour re negotiate and yet another referendum or Lib Dem’s who would have just pulled the plug.

As we know,it was a landslide victory for the conservatives thus the people double stamped brexit,this imo makes all the accusations null and void because this result was so much more resounding than the referendum,I’ll leave it there.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
As we know,it was a landslide victory for the conservatives thus the people double stamped brexit,this imo makes all the accusations null and void because this result was so much more resounding than the referendum,I’ll leave it there.

You're going on seats won, rather than popular vote. If it had been another referendum, "get Brexit done" would have lost. The Tories and Brexit parties got 45.6% of votes, while Labour, Liberals, SNP, and Greens, got 50.3% between them (source). Another result from our undemocratic voting system.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Ok let’s say all the above was true

It is true.

Now let’s move on to the general election where it was very clear what you were voting for,either double stamp brexit and move on,labour re negotiate and yet another referendum or Lib Dem’s who would have just pulled the plug.

:rolleyes:

upload_2021-11-8_9-18-22.png

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Ok let’s say all the above was true and accusations flew around after the referendum so it was well publicised.

Well you got what you wanted, so you should be happy now.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Post-Brexit scheme to lure Nobel winners to UK fails to attract single applicant

A post-brexit scheme draw the world’s most celebrated academics and other leading figures to the UK has failed to attract a single applicant in the six months since it opened, it has been reported.

The visa route open to Nobel laureates and other prestigious global prize winners in the fields of science, engineering, humanities and medicine – among others – was described as a joke by experts after ministers admitted its failure to garner any interest.

“Chances that a single Nobel or Turing laureate would move to the UK to work are zero for the next decade or so,” the Nobel prize winner Andre Geim told New Scientist magazine, which first reported the news....

Post-Brexit scheme to lure Nobel winners to UK fails to attract single applicant

Altfish

Veteran Member

And in that election 52% voted for anti-Brexit or 2nd Referendum parties

Tories got 43%

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Mocking democracy is not democracy

Not mocking just facts,the great red wall was very significant in the Tory win,labours lowest number of seat since 1935,the so called red wall also recorded a strong leave vote in the referendum.

All the opposition parties misunderstood and underestimated the peoples wish to leave by taking democracy out of our hands with a massive fail.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not mocking just facts,the great red wall was very significant in the Tory win,labours lowest number of seat since 1935,the so called red wall also recorded a strong leave vote in the referendum.

All the opposition parties misunderstood and underestimated the peoples wish to leave by taking democracy out of our hands with a massive fail.

And i will quote @Altfish

And in that election 52% voted for anti-Brexit or 2nd Referendum parties

Tories got 43%

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
And i will quote @Altfish

Quote who you like the result is the same,what’s very interesting is the red wall often touted as the areas most helped regions of the uk by the EU,it was also the region with a strong leave vote,I guess they realised that for the average person there was no benefit to staying in a failed project.

What was a good trading block and not a bad idea has turned into what it is now,what could have been a well constructed superstate,which btw I wouldn’t want but may have been more attractive to more people is a joke,all mouth no troussers,Italy Poland Hungary all say pfffft whatever to it but hey it’s a real gravy train for meds and the commission.