• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are we doing post-Brexit?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The uk does not count as eu after brexit so no charts giving direct comparison after 2019 meaning you can stick your head in the sand.

But papers give france just over 19% child poverty, uk just over 30%

Which papers?,how legit are they?,I think they are comparable although the further east you go the figures are sky high which obviously means that being a member of the eu doesn’t prevent poverty.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Unless you couldn’t work it out yourself of course but I doubt brexit was about wealth for most people.

Most people probably didn't think about it in any depth, and one of the most obvious parts of the leave campaign was the barefaced lie on the side of the bus. Every time people said that we'd be worse off it was dismissed as 'project fear'. The referendum was won with lies.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
There are and way too many but my point was that poverty isn’t something that happens in the uk,ive been to most European cities and almost to the South Pole,poverty and homelessness isn’t native to the uk.
Yes and my point is that there is poverty in the UK. I never said it was native to the UK, please do not put words in my mouth.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Which papers?,how legit are they?,I think they are comparable although the further east you go the figures are sky high which obviously means that being a member of the eu doesn’t prevent poverty.

Head in sand? The uk is comparable with with several poverty stricken eastern European countries and Google is your friend.
UNICEF have stepped in to feed starving children in the UK. First time since it was formed has UNICEF had to help and that includes during and after WW2.
And i have never said the EU prevents poverty what i have said is that the poverty rate in the UK has increased more than 50% since brexit. True that covid has also been involved here but the same can be said for any country, and their poverty rates may have increased a little but have not done a UK sky rocket

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Head in sand? The uk is comparable with with several poverty stricken eastern European countries and Google is your friend.
UNICEF have stepped in to feed starving children in the UK. First time since it was formed has UNICEF had to help and that includes during and after WW2.
And i have never said the EU prevents poverty what i have said is that the poverty rate in the UK has increased more than 50% since brexit. True that covid has also been involved here but the same can be said for any country, and their poverty rates may have increased a little but have not done a UK sky rocket

So still no comparative figures then.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Most people probably didn't think about it in any depth, and one of the most obvious parts of the leave campaign was the barefaced lie on the side of the bus. Every time people said that we'd be worse off it was dismissed as 'project fear'. The referendum was won with lies.

Truth in referendums or elections is a rarity,the fact is that the leave campaign won despite the many underhand tactics of the remain camp.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Truth in referendums or elections is a rarity,the fact is that the leave campaign won despite the many underhand tactics of the remain camp.

Underhand tactics of the remain camp?

So we are just going to ignore the very illegal campaign of the leavers involving stolen facebook data, illegal psychological warfare tactics to manipulate public opinion as provided by the company known as Cambridge Analytica, which quickly closed up shop and destroyed their servers once they realized they were on authority radards?

It certainly seems so. 5 years later and aside from a commission hearing of the CEO that almost no media covered it seems nobody cares that figures of authority used illegal psychological warfare tactics on its citizens in order to manipulate elections / referendums.

This is how you kill democracy.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
You still here with your head in the sand, how typical of a brexiter you have become

Blind to what is happening to your (our) country because you have your sovereignty back[

Yes we have and the main prize as it’s always been,ever wondered why they refused to let us have a referendum,they knew leave could win,we did so we need to move on.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Underhand tactics of the remain camp?

So we are just going to ignore the very illegal campaign of the leavers involving stolen facebook data, illegal psychological warfare tactics to manipulate public opinion as provided by the company known as Cambridge Analytica, which quickly closed up shop and destroyed their servers once they realized they were on authority radards?

It certainly seems so. 5 years later and aside from a commission hearing of the CEO that almost no media covered it seems nobody cares that figures of authority used illegal psychological warfare tactics on its citizens in order to manipulate elections / referendums.

This is how you kill democracy.

Erm I remember that the remain camp wanted to reverse the result of the referendum and I also remember a resounding victory at the general election to double stamp it.